Match Thread Kilmarnock v Rangers - 15:00 Sunday - BT Sport

I'd much rather Kilmarnock were in Europe than Aberdenn, Killie fans are nowhere near area rancid as Aberdeen. Shite decision for the penalty aside, well done Killie ,they've had a great season, can't say they don't deserve it.

I would say it is a tough call, Killie are like Hearts fans under Romanov they think they are our rivals.

Let's be honest this was a nothing match for us, but seeing us play exactly like we did against them before and failed is mind boggling.

We seriously need some more strength in depth. Without Arfield and Davis we are very pedestrian.

The Compliance Officer should ban O'Donnell for winning a penalty by diving.

I'm sure Sportscene will be saying that later :rolleyes:

Should still have been laying down some markers for next season.
We will go their again next season and remember this struggle. We had a free game to express ourselves and let.ourselves down.
Even watching the game on the TV the pitch is horrendous.

Awful display today, nothing to play for but pride and it showed. Hopefully a few that played today will be away, one being Barisic, he's not interested tbh. Suppose the only good thing coming away from Rugby Park is, better Killie than the Sheep in the Europa Cup.

Don’t agree with this resting pish, Katic barely played from October to April but he needs a rest? He should of played today, Davis should of started as well. The only change we should of made was Morelos for Defoe.
Katic not happy with pitch earlier this season and worral stepped in

corrupt ref
pathetic gerrard
imposters

all things i've read in the last few minutes, i love follow follow, no idea what i did with my boring sundays before

Well, that was shite. Underlines that the depth in the squad isn't what we believe it is at times.

Would rather Kilmarnock get a few bob against some obscure European side before getting fucked out than the mutton molestors.

Roll on next season.

Poor today but let’s talk about Wullie Collum

A cheating 19th Century Terrorist bastar

Goldson pulled - penalty
Burke handball - penalty

Neither given

Yet gives them a soft one.

Not to mention mulumbu and power let away with several cynical fouls yet he couldn’t get the card out quick enough for our players
I've said it a few times, this guy can't be trusted to officiate fairly in our games and he has proved it time and time again.

Lets not get our knickers in a twist. Yes it was dissapointing but its not going to sour whats been a good end to the season. It was a nothing game and we found out some answers of players thats been on the fringe. Terrible pitch to play football. Its shockingly bad. And Gollum again doing what

Don’t agree with this resting pish, Katic barely played from October to April but he needs a rest? He should of played today, Davis should of started as well. The only change we should of made was Morelos for Defoe.
Katic wasnt rested, hes away to the U21 Euros.

Overall poor performance from our lads on that moth-eaten carpet.
Maybe unfair to pick on any individual but I’m pleased that Worrall won’t be with us next season.

Shut up n stop talking shite! He sent a team out with players who haven’t played and basically asked show me you want it

And they failed to deliver , that was to see who has the desire and level required and tells him who’s for the chopping block

Gerrard got this wrong again, he has to stop making changes for changes sake.

Another pathetic performance that epitomized the reason we’re not Champions this season. Too many players went on holiday a week early, Kamara and Kent in particular, and did that game ever show the importance Arfield has been to us in recent weeks, and will be going forward.

Not too much to say after that shitshow, except I suspect was a few players last game in a Rangers shirt, Barasic being one in particular. (Culpable at both goals) On the plus, if there can be such a thing today, Alfredo deservedly got his 30th for the season, and the result denied the sheep a place in Europe.

After the feelgood factor of last week we came crashing back to reality today and the fact is the gaffer has his work cut out to model a side with potential into a team of winners in the off season. Get the checkbook ready Mr King because the players we need to become Champions and stop the mentally challengeds run of titles will not come cheaply.

The worst seasons we've ever had in the top flight in my life time, we finished 3rd.

Look at them celebrating this as if it's the happiest day of their lives.

As other posters note -- No game involving Rangers is meaningless.

A few things from the game:
Poor choice of formation again -- I think we had all hoped that we had seen the last of that under SG.

Some puzzling player choices -- wtf was Worrall doing there? I'm not a fan of McCrorie at CB, but I would have had him starting there instead. And Barisic was a ghost for most of that game -- I won't blame him too much for the dive that earned their penalty at the end, but I'm baffled as to how bad he is for us.

A few other points -- Killie are well-coached and rely on breaking quickly and passing to players with their backs to our goal. This latter appears to be a problem for some of our guys, who seem baffled as to how to tackle it.

Again, balls in the air ... most of our players look happy just to watch them come down and be taken under control by the opposition. Get in there !

And hospital passes / poor choices in passing -- if you're in acres of space, with room ahead of you, don't pass it sideways to somebody who has opponents closer to them than you have.

Got to say that right from the start you could see how the game could go.
And it did.
The one fecking simple thing we should take from our own goal and indeed both the Killie goals is that if you run forwards and get the ball into the box, there's actually a chance of getting a goal.
Or even a penalty ...

No chance. They'll get a sellout home match plus 2 televised games

Some wee club from a far away internet league will guarantee an empty stadium.

Hopefully it will be in some failed state in Eastern Europe.

They book flights, then the airline goes bust.

So they drive there on a coach with no air conditioning, and after they’ve arrived Putin annexes the place.

Somehow, of course, this will all be Rangers’ fault.

Well im sure if we had got a penalty for %^*& all then we would have scored 2.

So ill ask you again what the %^*& did Kilmarnock do to deserve to win this game

Chill out, you sound like a greeting wain.

Kilmarnock sat in and frustrated us like they’ve done against us all season, we, yet again, had no answers. We deserved nothing from the game.

I never at any point said Kilmarnock deserved to win. I said rangers deserved nothing. Rangers looked like they expected to turn up and win. Kilmarnock wanted it more than us.

I’d love to say these match threads have been a pleasure but they’ve not been. Full of delight, despair and absolute bat shit crazy ness at times.

Bring on the transfer madness followed by the start of the Europa League.

Corrupt ref cost us once again but why the f..k change the team SG?

He changed it at the same place back in January (when it actually mattered for us) and got exactly the same result. I will maintain that if he hadn't changed the team that night we would have won the title. It didn't matter for us today but I get your point and hopefully Gerrard will too.

Back