Match Thread Kilmarnock v Rangers - 17:15 Saturday - Premier Sports

Not bothered with the draw.
Playing on that pitch can be a lottery.
It isn't the same game.
Football fans are being short-changed by a club who cannot provide a professional playing surface yet want the same coin from fans as ones that do.
That is financial cheating and they are ripping ordinary people off.

And not just financial cheating !

I already posted with stats how we rely on crosses from the right wing and every team must know it and this is why Clarke put this club out of a title race as well as no creativity on the wings apart from spamming crosses

Every defeat it’s the same story, aimless drifting balls, we lack quality

I watched the Cowdenbeath match and had to turn it off because of the lack of attacking quality

We rely on wingers who track back instead of flair players who score and create goals

Barrie McKay is better than Kent because he has accurate passing to the striker etc. In most games he played and isn't just a player who tracks back like Candyman that anyone can do

Plus he's got proven long range shooting and probably better pace

You been hitting the communion wine early?

Not too upset at that. Kilmarnock know how to make it awkward and use that joke of a playing surface to their advantage. If we didn’t get ahead early it was always going to get tense, killie just keeping it tight and hoping for a mistake. Priority tonight was to stay in the cup and we have achieved that. We live to fight another day.

Happy to get through that still in the cup and no major injuries. These pitches are a leveller and both teams struggled to play on them, both resorting to long balls which both defences lapped up until that great target man Kris Boyd came on, giving both our centre backs a hard time!

folk thinking that pitch doesn't affect the game and gives them an advantage need to go and give themselves a boot in the baws Alfie to Brown style!

Barrie McKay is better than Kent because he has accurate passing to the striker etc. In most games he played and isn't just a player who tracks back like Candyman that anyone can do

You at it mate?

I already posted with stats how we rely on crosses from the right wing and every team must know it and this is why Clarke put this club out of a title race as well as no creativity on the wings apart from spamming crosses
That was shite analysis as well.

Too late on the subs.
Still in the cup though, but now causes a fixture pile up if the replay replaces dundee at home

Calling DC 'Candyman' isn't going to convince anyone you aren't an imposter. It's blatantly evident you are not a Rangers supporter. Go away.

I fully agree with everyone who says the pitch led to the drab game we got. The players battled hard and it is neigh on impossible to play any football on it.

In saying that we did more than enough to win it - despite what the moaners claim. They were crap and mustered nothing. There best chance is gon, hoping we fell victim to that apology of a 3G pitch.

However if the ref had done his job properly they would have played more than an hour with 10 men. Unbelievable Power didn’t get sent off.

Interesting opinion. Do you find that you are normally wrong about everything?

Settled for a draw after three minutes in the second half. The pitch is a big leveller, but we just don't seem able to play an intense game two games in a row.

I've heard it all noo.

You are talkin pish.

Poor, poor performance from Rangers today. Right from the off our shape wasn’t right. I think Defoe does better with a partner, however if he’s to play alone up front Arfield needed to play much further forward to provide a link. Still we had the chance to win it and can only blame ourselves we didn’t. Tav’s been excellent from the spot this season but the past two games he’s looked a little hesitant. At the risk of sounding like a broken record the officiating went against us AGAIN tonight. Two Killie players could easily have walked today. The boy Power who had his boot so high it caught Jack on the head. He should have walked there and then (Dangerous play) Broadfoot for denying a goalscoring opportunity with his two handed save stopping what looked a certain goal, and if not for his assault on Jack, Power (I think it was) should have picked up a second yellow for deliberately breaking up a Rangers attack with a foul on McCrorie. It would also be wrong to overlook the effects the Battle of Pittodrie in midweek. A lot of heavy legs out there tonight I thought.

On the plus side. We’re still in the competition. We’re off that bloody carpet for the replay. If the replay is the 20th that should mean the two remain games of Morelos’ ban are both games at Ibrox, where we have a better record and his loss might be mitigated.

Not a lot of candidates for MOTM today but McCrorie shaded it ahead of Halliday in my book. I though both Arfield and Candeias were well short of their best. Even Ryan Kent who’s been a stand out all season seemed a bit subdued tonight. My biggest worry is it was evident today just how much we rely on Morelos, not just for his goals but all round play. We need to find a system we can play effectively in his absence. Defoe got zero service today and It might be worth considering a 4-4-2 diamond in Morelos’ absence,although it gives us a headache of how to fit in Kent (arguably our POTY so far)

Last edited:
I fully agree with everyone who says the pitch led to the drab game we got. The players battled hard and it is neigh on impossible to play any football on it.

In saying that we did more than enough to win it - despite what the moaners claim. They were crap and mustered nothing. There best chance is gon, hoping we fell victim to that apology of a 3G pitch.

However if the ref had done his job properly they would have played more than an hour with 10 men. Unbelievable Power didn’t get sent off.

Kilmarnock and Livingston players the more they play on this surface the better they will become on it.

That's where their opponents have difficulty with it.

Killie are a terrible team,well organised aye, but they just sit in waiting on the opposition making a mistake, McGregor had one save from Burke’s free kick and,a wee bounce about in goalmouth first half was Kilmarnock full contribution to game attack wise,they were wasting time with 20minutes to go, they looked like they were just after a pay day at Ibrox to me. And to try to play any good football on that surface is a joke,it’s like a junkies living room carpet!!!!!!

After the tough midweek game and the shitstorm that followed it I said before the game I would take a draw. People on here predicting 5-1 4-0 etc. Where do they get these notions from? It's a terrible pitch. They're tough opponents. We never play well there and we're missing our top scorer and best player. A draw away from home in the cup against the team sitting 4th is a decent result anywhere in football.

Definitely a weakness in his make up which many on here have commented on all season. My own opinion of it is that is where McAllister needs to lend his experience. If the supporters can see when a change is needed I don'the accept that at least one of our managerial team cannot see what is required and take the relevant action. That aside, I would have taken a draw tonight if it had been offered before the game. Playing on that pitch on a very windy night was never going to be anything less than precarious.
IMO Gerrard was playing it safe and was more worried about losing the game. Defoe is more likely to nick a goal than Lafferty, but Lafferty might have held the ball up for us. At the end of the day at least we didn't concede a late one as happens quite often to us.

Might have been an exciting enough game for neutrals, but I found it a hard watch. Not much quality, Defoe offers very little up front on his own, we look average as %^*& without Alfredo, and that pitch kills any chance of decent football. Glad to get back up the road still in the cup, knowing Morelos will be back for the replay and it will be on a proper grass pitch.

Killie will hopefully have put all their fight into the league match them Them next Sunday before the replay

I only saw the second half. Kent was too deep. Candeias was very poor. Arfield wasn’t in it.

That's how things in championship manager works but in the real world it really doesn't.

I liked McKay as a player but they are night and day. Kent is on the front foot all the time is aggressive and looking to get into areas where he can possibly get hurt, whereas young Barrie was always on the back foot, standing waiting to see what happened and dropping off. I know which one I prefer.

Who does McKay play with? And who are Kent’s parent club? No contest I think!!!!!!

we played a 442 which this season has lead to us dropping points in every game we have tried it in stop making excuses

No excuses here mate but anybody that thinks playing on that surface is the same as playing on a decent grass pitch is kidding themselves on. It's a crap surface that Killie are used to so it's obviously a leveller. Yes tactics and formations obviously matter as well but the pitch is atrocious. The fact that these pitches are not allowed in the top 4 leagues in England says it all.

We were indeed poor but to be honest they were even worse even on their disgrace of a pitch.
As for Power and Broadfoot remaining on the field, I suppose the ref was reluctant to send them off in case he was accused of favouring us especially after awarding us a penalty.

Back