Match Thread Kilmarnock v Rangers - 19:45 Wednesday - BT Sports

Well, that's the league gone for another year. I haven't feel this sick since admin... :( :mad:
I'm afraid we're just not consistent enough. We are capable of playing beautiful football at times, better than the mentally challengeds, but we lack their ability to turn possession into goals and put teams away. Our attack is far too ponderous and that has to lie at the door of the gaffer and his coaching staff I'm afraid.

Now to the other factor that has made life more difficult for us this season, which is the appalling way we've been refereed. Only a bigot could argue that we have no been treated the same as every other team in the league. It's been an unlevel playing field since the start of the season to tonight. Again we witness another absolutely shocking officiating display from the officials. Madden allowed two handballs by Kilmarknock, to go unpunished. One of which cost us a goal, the other denied us a penalty. On top of that he denied us a second penalty when Morelos was clearly pushed to the ground with both hands by a Kilmarknock defender. Madden was looking directly at the incident, so there can be no excuse. He saw it, yet refused to apply the rules. Need I go on? Granted these infractions were somewhat soft, but that's not the point. By the rules they WERE fouls. We need to ensure Scottish referees cannot be allowed to judge which rules they apply and which they don't. It's really that simple. An official is not supposed to think "well that was a bit soft, i'll just let it go" (Which is what is happening) He has to apply the rules as they're written consistently the entire game. If he is incapable, or doesn't want to do this, He sholud be relieved of his duties and replaced immediately. Until this happens and we get a level playing field. It is going to be almost impossible to regain our top spot in Scotland again.

Sadly it's too late for this season. We have missed a wonderful chance of 55. With Alfie gone next season, and our main goalscoring threat gone with him, its back to the drawing board. We need to have a long hard think about our management team. Twice now they have allowed a great position at the turn of the year slip away from them. We need to examine the playing staff too. Are Kent and Aribo good enough to rebuild the side around? Who also need to decide who will replace Davis' experience in midfield, and Morelos' fighting spirit up top. Those are huge questions we need to find an answer for.

However, most important of all. We need the club to be relentless in ensuring VAR is in place for the start of the next campaign. No more wishy-washy statements. In fact no more statements at all. The time for talking is over, it's time for concrete action, legal if necessary. This inconsistent officiating is starting to cost us, both in terms of honours, and financially. We simply cannot tolerate things continuing the way they are. We need to use the rest of the campaign not only to make decsions about our squad but to call for VAR everytime a referee gets a throw-in wrong. We need to start making life miserable for the SFA, SPFL, and the officals themselves. After all, it worked for the poets.

Well, that's the league gone for another year. I haven't feel this sick since admin... :( :mad:
I'm afraid we're just not consistent enough. We are capable of playing beautiful football at times, better than the mentally challengeds, but we lack their ability to turn possession into goals and put teams away. Our attack is far too ponderous and that has to lie at the door of the gaffer and his coaching staff I'm afraid.

Now to the other factor that has made life more difficult for us this season, which is the appalling way we've been refereed. Only a bigot could argue that we have no been treated the same as every other team in the league. It's been an unlevel playing field since the start of the season to tonight. Again we witness another absolutely shocking officiating display from the officials. Madden allowed two handballs by Kilmarknock, to go unpunished. One of which cost us a goal, the other denied us a penalty. On top of that he denied us a second penalty when Morelos was clearly pushed to the ground with both hands by a Kilmarknock defender. Madden was looking directly at the incident, so there can be no excuse. He saw it, yet refused to apply the rules. Need I go on? Granted these infractions were somewhat soft, but that's not the point. By the rules they WERE fouls. We need to ensure Scottish referees cannot be allowed to judge which rules they apply and which they don't. It's really that simple. An official is not supposed to think "well that was a bit soft, i'll just let it go" (Which is what is happening) He has to apply the rules as they're written consistently the entire game. If he is incapable, or doesn't want to do this, He sholud be relieved of his duties and replaced immediately. Until this happens and we get a level playing field. It is going to be almost impossible to regain our top spot in Scotland again.

Sadly it's too late for this season. We have missed a wonderful chance of 55. With Alfie gone next season, and our main goalscoring threat gone with him, its back to the drawing board. We need to have a long hard think about our management team. Twice now they have allowed a great position at the turn of the year slip away from them. We need to examine the playing staff too. Are Kent and Aribo good enough to rebuild the side around? Who also need to decide who will replace Davis' experience in midfield, and Morelos' fighting spirit up top. Those are huge questions we need to find an answer for.

However, most important of all. We need the club to be relentless in ensuring VAR is in place for the start of the next campaign. No more wishy-washy statements. In fact no more statements at all. The time for talking is over, it's time for concrete action, legal if necessary. This inconsistent officiating is starting to cost us, both in terms of honours, and financially. We simply cannot tolerate things continuing the way they are. We need to use the rest of the campaign not only to make decsions about our squad but to call for VAR everytime a referee gets a throw-in wrong. We need to start making life miserable for the SFA, SPFL, and the officals themselves. After all, it worked for the poets.
And who is going to be in charge of the VAR in Scotland? Neutrals? Christ we see it already with the Mickey mouse bt var. I have no confidence whatsoever in it working fairly up here.

Avoided result all day and just finished game there.

Jesus Christ. Where do I even begin???

The gaffer - love him to pieces but Jesus he’s getting it wrong. Waiting so long to make changes keeps biting us on the arse and I’ve no idea how he doesn’t see it. Needs to learn from mistakes faster or his time will be running out. Disappointed in his comments after the game in all honesty. I still stand with him 100% and calls for him to be sacked are just lunacy.

The players - didn’t think anyone had a shocker as such tonight but there are players who need to do much much more. I personally haven’t seen enough from Kent in these types of games. we bought him to break teams down and he really hasn’t done enough of that for my liking.

The officials - its beyond a joke. It’s an embarrassment to the Scottish game. Some clear incidents that were missed out tonight:

- Their first goal shouldn’t have stood. McKenzie hand balled that initial cross. By the letter of the new rules, it shouldn’t stand.

- legitimate penalty claim not long before their 2nd. 2 hands used to push Morelos. I e seen those given.

- Morelos‘ disallowed goal should’ve stood. Blatant dive from the defender. Alfie never even put any force into pushing him. He done what he always does and had his hands in front of him when heading it.

the standard of officiating is ridiculous and the club need to take action. Loved the statement the other day calling out the media. A similar one is required to call out the shower of shit that is the SFA and their referees.

would love to tell the SFA to ram their competitions and we move to England but there’s no danger that’s ever happening.

and btw, fck knows what we were doing in Dubai but it clearly doesn’t work. 2 years in a row, same mistake made. Get it sorted Rangers!!!

one extremely pissed off bear tonight.

Instead of kicking on from Parkhead we have imploded.

A terrible January where our squad dealings left a lot to be desired. A lot of unsettling of the squad from a mixture of paper talk and actual movements saw more than a few players affected.

Morelos destroyed in the press - his wife and Skygate - he looks clearly spooked.

Jones, Barker, Ojo remain but clearly not trusted enough by Gerard to impact the squad - yet Murphy allowed to leave so effectively we only have Kent as a naturally wide player. Kent for me looks far from a 7 million pound player and often flatters to deceive and not the big player he should be for us.

Defoe is done - he hasn't 90 minutes in his legs and if he doesn't score then his contribution to a game is nil.

Greg Stewart seldom does much wrong but Gerard gives him very little or no game time even when games are crying out for change.

Centre halves - praises them and drops them Katic/Edmundson hardly building their confidence.

Kamberi and Hagi forced signings or choices. Yet both seem to have been promoted above current squad.

Midfield trio of Jack, Davis and Kammara are a shadow of there former selves and no longer dominate that area. They also create very few chances for the team.

Aribo - a talent, but only in small spells and often fails to impact games in the way he should.

Airfield is finally getting forwards and providing a goal threat again - only took 6 months.

In summing up Gerard for me has not had a great January/February and instead of kicking on from Parkhead we have an unsettled squad who bare little resemblance of the team we had been watching.

A shambles. No heart. No guts. No midfield.
We were running on empty in midfield in the second half.
Aribo and Hagi are silky players but were unable to impose themselves in the game.
Unfortunately, I no longer believe that we can do it this season.
Even worse, if we continue in the same vein next season we may end up in groundhog day.
Very sad for our wonderful support.

In still scratching my head at Gerrard not changing things in the second half,he defo has an issue with putting subs on it tweaking formation when it's clearly not working,think I seen a stat that he has only beaten Kilmarnock 4 times out of 10 games,that's a real concern

at 1-0 the players thought that was that
but a games lasts 90 minutes
we dont have a killer instinct, we cant finish games off
we were 1-0 against hearts too
SG has a lot of thinking to do, in his after match interview he said
he had the chance to buy more players, so why didnt he,
competition is the name of the game,
A manager should never think his team have enough in the locker,
i think he made a big mistake there

T
It's simple. The papes got a kick up the arse after the last OF. Lennon watched his team being played off the park and changed his entire formation. They now go with two upfront and are blasting every one off the park.

We thought we were better than what we are, got lazy and stopped pressing.

Donno what the papes did in Dubai. Donno what we did.

Looks like we went for a holiday and they went to sort out what was wrong.
Time to give the likes of Dubai a miss for the winter break.. Stay in Scotland and get the players training on local parks.

In still scratching my head at Gerrard not changing things in the second half,he defo has an issue with putting subs on it tweaking formation when it's clearly not working,think I seen a stat that he has only beaten Kilmarnock 4 times out of 10 games,that's a real concern
Killie and Aberdeen do the exact thing to us every time flood the centre of midfield and push us wide where they know they’ll deal with the crosses then hit it long looking for free kicks long throws.

we should play 2 against them up top

how many crosses did tav No get past the first man last night brutal

why does he wait until the other team scores before he changes things ? every man and his dug could see the goal coming

And who is going to be in charge of the VAR in Scotland? Neutrals? Christ we see it already with the Mickey mouse bt var. I have no confidence whatsoever in it working fairly up here.
The difference is that it is recorded. They Wold no longer be able to deny and deflect as they do at present. Even if we only saw a 50% shift in decisions that are currently going against us unfairly would mean a big difference in our points tally

Our football is deplorable and we must be the easiest team in the league to play against. Bet your mortgage on a fourth Treble for the vermin because we ain't stopping them.

We have a team that is t capable of beating them over a season. Simple as that. We need to move some players on in the summer. We need a leader on the park.

During that fecking disaster last night, there were some small things that have been annoying me for some time now.

We don't seem to understand that you can't be offside from a throw-in, so when the chance arises, get a player up there. It's a great way to stretch the defence and other teams do it.

Contrarily, we are pretty poor at defending throws and even simple chips into our own box.
The routine our defenders have of standing off and standing off does cost us goals.

Also, when there's one opponent with the ball and two of our players at him, if he's isolated enough then ONE of you fecking tackle him! Don't just have the two of you shuffling backwards as he continues to move forwards, or as his teammates come up in support.

And of course we're STILL watching aerial balls come down and wondering what's going to happen and where it's going to go and ... oh, the opposition have nipped in (as every other player in the world does) and has got it and is running away with it.

All minor enough things I know, but it's worrying that if we can't get such simple simple things sorted, then we're not properly coaching them in all the ways of football.

Yet still nearly 50,000 are gonna turn up on Saturday from all points North, South, East and West. Just gullible easily fooled dafties, ain't we..?

This situation is really depressing! :-( We should have been able to kick on after the winter break. It looks like we're still on it!!

Back