Match Thread Kilmarnock v Rangers - 19:45 Wednesday - BT Sports

Kilmarnock are good at playing on the break and stifling a superier team
They had us all over the park. Almost instantly spotted our weak point and took advantage. Gerrard done absolutely nothing about. That's what usually happens when we lose or struggle. The opponents spots a weak point and goes for it. Gerrard does nothing about it until it's too late.

That is what happened today.

We absolutely should be winning that, but I've long stopped writing off Killie. It's almost as if Rangers try to give you hope and then pull it away sometimes

They are off and he still offered more than players still on the park at the end. He ended up playing really deep because Jack did nothing and McAuley and Worrall did less than nothing.
I've already explained this to you.your logik is wrong. Where do you think he plays?

Bullshit, there's a lot of money on that park, so called professional footballers, if one shit mistake is going to cause a so called title challenging team into submission then we are totally fekked. Gerrard fekked it. Not worral
Okay, Worrall didn’t feck it.
He didn’t do anything wrong.

All those saying Defoe and Morelos will terrify defenders..Didn't look like that tonight.

Shouldn't be tinkering with a winning team to put two players in who have hardly kicked a ball,absolute madness.

You can also see how uncomfortable we are on these shitey plastic pitches and never confident when we play on them.

Reactions: dmg
That I fear is why we won’t be champions this season. We tend to be too mentally fragile when things go wrong. We panic and any game plan we have goes out the window. Occasionally we show the fight required to mount a comeback, but more often than not, it’s the panic we saw tonight.

I had my first doubts about Gerrard tonight. Seeing him slumped back in the chair, hands in pockets, head tucked in his jacket, he looked clueless. Why he didn’t send a message by pulling Worrall after his feck up I’ll never know. By yanking him it could have fired up the players by letting them know that such slackness would not be tolerated. Instead he let him play out 90 minutes. What message does that send out? I’m beginning to wonder if this boy has compromising pictures of gaffer or something, the way he always gets the jersey regardless of form is puzzling to say the least. Shouting doesn’t make you a good player. If Gerrard starts Worrall ahead of Katic next game then we know for sure there’s something up behind the scenes.

Even RTV was a disaster tonight. The picture atrocious from start to finish. I pay the club $300 a year and end up having to watch an illegal stream because the RTV service is so poor. I sometimes wonder if they play on our loyalty. Despite the fact I had to watch the game elsewhere tonight because the official stream was so poor I will still give them my money, because its Rangers. However their product is broken and a club the size of Rangers should be providing us with far better service. Just like our team it’s haunted by inconsistency.

What happened to the jerseys belonging to the players who beat Celtic? Then just bring in two older players who haven't played in months. We were rotten all over the pitch.
Defoe and Morelos were totally lost together, just like Morelos and Lafferty.

It was all that sun in Tenerife thats to blame. They would have been better going to Iceland for some energy food

If I was katic I'd be handing in a transfer request in the morning . What Gerrard see's in worrall is a mystery ... He shouts a lot , an absolute bombscare of a defender..

Games like tonight are why we won't win the league. Celtic are shit but away from home we are pathetic.

Worrall can go %^*& himself. Jones is a rat too.

Stevie G was really inspiring a fightback sitting back with his arms folded.

All the good work of beating the scum undone. Well done everyone.
Jones put in a professional performance that’s why we’ve signed him.

Disgraceful!! Worrall lets them into it out of nothing then puts in the most calamitous performance ive seen from a Rangers centre half in near 20 years. He gave them an injection of confidence and his sidekick wasnt much better at the goal.

As for the substitutions why remove davis when everythings going through him? Why keep Arfield on when its clearly not happening for him? Where was Ross McCrorrie our best performer in my opinion against Celtic?

Any momentum has been lost, we're back where we began prior to tims game and are dropped points at livy away from our worst points total in the top league in some time

Theres still time to get JW

Allowing for the fact Defoe isn't match fit, howfing high balls to him and giving him one (that I can remember) ball to run on to is unacceptable. Morelos has had to deal with that on many occasions this season and he's better equipped to deal with that, but its still not a tactic we should be deploying.

All I can say for Davis is he isn't match fit. I really hope he gets up to speed quick.

We were cruising until Worrall’s monumental %^*& up. That gave Kilmarnock the confidence to press us and expose our lack of width.

Katic must wonder what he has to do to make the team, that pairing is as bad as Martin and Alves last season.

Defoe is a goal scorer, but we can’t play a formation like that again. In a big away game like that we need to be playing Alfredo up front with a view to bringing Defoe on.

Kent is the only player that really gets pass marks for me tonight, absolutely brutal game and our title chances are looking very slim.
I agree, Worrall and slow coach MacAuley are as bad as last season. Katic does not make as many mistakes as Worrall and is a threat at the other end. Let's get a CD in as I mentioned earlier.

Best team on the night won.

Worrals mistake turned the tide in Kilmarnocks favour.

Morelos looks to spit the dummy when asked to play as a two.

As good as the midfield were against celtic they were as poor tonight.

2 central defenders please and don’t play the two from tonight again
McAuley is far too slow and I feel for him.
Worrall doesn’t have the ability to be the lead central defender

Worrall is crap and MacAuley is slow. Need at least one CD this window.

Personally would go for Halkett from Livi this window. He’s done well in this league for the last two seasons and as a bonus can play on plastic pitches (even ones that look like threadbare carpets as at Killie)

a lot of f*cking mystic megs in here telling the future of players barely match fit lol

can someone please detail how many points per game there is and how many games are left and how many points difference there is, things improve after mistakes are made there's more than enough time to let players settle and keep up the fight, sometimes i think our fans don't believe in the team purely because they're happier being miserable af

He continually picks him, it's not as if that's not been coming.
Gerrard is to blame for Worrall’s error by picking him!
I’m shaking my head in bewildered astonishment.
By the way, he picked him against septic as well.
If it was so obviously coming, why did it not come at the septic

I still think we lack creativity, Davis won’t provide that.

You can add Jack and Arfield to keep Davis company.

It really does feel tonight that the 29th of last month was a one off, the absolute exception to the rule. And that is us back to reality, a reality that doesn't offer us much by way of hope.

I'll say again, our centre backs are slow and ponderous at the best of times and that's on grass. On plastic and as Worrall proved so sickeningly, it's the stuff of nightmares.

Worral is learning valuable football lessons at our expense. Maybe he’s trying to drop hints on where he would prefer to play his football in the second half of the season.

Let the car crash dissection commence! Didn't deserve anything, whatever is wrong with Goldson we need him back pronto. If its personal or fitness or discipline problems we need Barasic back pronto. McCrorie? Must be mightily disappointed watching Ryan Jacks performance and Davis taking his shirt.
The boys on the 29th deserved to keep the shirts, the ones who did keep them have now potentially lost them for Sunday.
I think if we had performed as we should then Defoe has nabbed a valuable winner and 3 points there, Morelos also worked hard and they didn't seem to hinder each other with a couple of nice interchanges BUT at the expense of width and the stability Candeais brings?
Lot to ponder for the manager and coaches and for people on FF to cry about

L
a lot of f*cking mystic megs in here telling the future of players barely match fit lol

can someone please detail how many points per game there is and how many games are left and how many points difference there is, things improve after mistakes are made there's more than enough time to let players settle and keep up the fight, sometimes i think our fans don't believe in the team purely because they're happier being miserable af
Listen mate we are fed up with your likes coming on slating people because we have q go at the players and manager.. he made huge mistakes tonight Davis was clearly off the pace worrell is a terrible defender young mcrorie gets dropped to play Davis.. the manager made a balls up let's not make excuses.. we play livi away n Aberdeen away do think we will collect 6 points
The manager is a tinkerer.. this is RANGERS FC NOT FIFA ON XBOX

Gerrard is to blame for Worrall’s error by picking him!
I’m shaking my head in bewildered astonishment.
By the way, he picked him against septic as well.
If it was so obviously coming, why did it not come at the septic
He played well in that game. Doesn't take away the fact that he's a bomb scare. One that seems to be above being dropped.

Back