Match Thread Kilmarnock v Rangers - 19:45 Wednesday - BT Sports

Being aggressive proves nothing.
Maybe I’m a bit slow but I’d have thought this aggression actually failed when you consider it was still Rangers who created more.
On the slow bit, is delivering personal insults a measure of a poster’s intelligence?
Being aggressive proves nothing.
Maybe I’m a bit slow but I’d have thought this aggression actually failed when you consider it was still Rangers who created more.
On the slow bit, is delivering personal insults a measure of a poster’s intelligence?
Nope, not when I've to repeat my previous posts. Of course aggression proves something. Now you're sounding like Warburton. We were dominated in the middle of the park because they won the physical battle (yet again) Our cbs were bullied by a 20 yr old.
I apologise if you were insulted. I'm signing off. Raging at that tonight.

He’s had good games, so has Worrall. You’re talking about pre September. Katic has been dismal, pathetic, embarrassing since then....I’m not saying Worrall is the answer....but why does everything have to be so black and white.

The manager prefers Worrall...I don’t agree..but why, do we bears just pretend Katic is the answer? Because we’ve had a transfer outlay on him. We’re more keen for him to succeed.
I agree with you just think katic should be given another run Worral made more mistakes than him and he's almost undroppable

Disagree. They can defend. They can pass. They can win tackles. They win almost every 2nd ball. They play as a 'team' and they play to a game plan.
Tonight we look just like a collection of players thrown onto the park just to see.what happens.
That was Garbage!
What they do they did well enough.

But what's the 'plan' you refer to.

Rely on capitalising on a schoolboy error - a much abused phrase, that, but what Worral did was genuinely at the schoolboy level - and get lucky with a shot from outside the box, hardly a screamer. That was the total of their attacking effort.

They did not outplay us or out-think us or out fight us.

We beat ourselves.

Absolutely fuckin rotten tonight,same old problems in the final third.
Out fought from back to front.
Pissed off big style.

Just home and very very disappointed. Manager has to take some blame for his set up then refusal to change it, but the players were shocking tonight a do think the system restricted us big time but we were out fought tonight in the midfield which wasn’t good enough.

Worral should have been off at half time. Getting jeered by the Killie fans is really as low as it gets. Maybe now he’ll realise he’s not a superstar and will concentrate for 90mins.

The disaster of a number 3 aside, we were so poor overall tonight.

Although they weren’t the worst, I was really disappointed with the fullbacks. Tav conceded possession far too many times, and Halliday passing the ball backward at every opportunity.

I agree

Can someone explain what Jones did wrong?

Ok he celebrated but I couldn't see much wrong in the celebration other than a player being carried away in the moment.

I would rather we are signing players who put in 100% honest professional performances so perhaps the only positive other than the Defoe goal tonight was him showing such qualities by scoring. Of course I'd rather he hadn't scored.

I was at work tonight and so didn’t see the game but I spoke to a couple of mate who were there. Sick as a dog at the result. Gutless performance by the sounds of it, the way we fell apart.

Can someone explain what Jones did wrong?

Ok he celebrated but I couldn't see much wrong in the celebration other than a player being carried away in the moment.

I would rather we are signing players who put in 100% honest professional performances so perhaps the only positive other than the Defoe goal tonight was him showing such qualities by scoring. Of course I'd rather he hadn't scored.

He didn't do anything wrong unlike OURS !

I’m sure it won’t be a popular view but I don’t think Arfield does enough week in week out. If Davis is starting then it should be in front of jack and McCrorie.

I’m not sold on playing mccauley Defoe or Davis either - only so many older players you can have.

Goldson and Katic at CB asap IMO. No other way forward.
This certainly was not the popular view after our game at Hamilton.
Or even three weeks ago.
I’m not saying I don’t agree, I’m just pointing out hoe fickle our fans are.
Remember too, how we bogged up our management team for ensuring Forest couldn’t recall him.

Back to old habits.Lose a goal and we shit the bed.For all the good Gerrad has done,i just don't see any silverware coming anytime soon.

Had to go out an do a nightshift after that
Up early buzzing all day yesterday

Can’t stop going over in my head how lost the players looked.
The system
I thought Davis did ok ,an kent is a talent
But way off the level needed
Like the rest

But you can’t just give teams the ball an let them run an shoot at your keeper

Gutter

The warning signs flashed all across the field last Sunday against HJK Helsinki. The gaping holes in the defense with the new system was cruelly exposed again last night. A hoof over the top, and bang, goal. Of course, it doesn't help that Worrall gifted them the equaliser. Up to that point we were coasting it. We never recovered and no-one took responsibility to have say, McCrorie mopping up behind the midfield and taking say, Davis off. This at least would have helped plug the hole. And we need to get wise. Killie played well. Packed their defence, and hit on the break. I've argued we should give the opposition in times like these the ball in the middle, and turn the tables when we play away on the likes of Killie, Motherwell and Livi. We then hit them on the break. The points will soon add up, just like Killie, sitting 2 points above us. Let's get smart.

Apologies ,alcohol and disappointment lead to moronic posts,hanging my head in shame st the moment

No need to apologize mate, it's infuriating for us all. You shouldn't get so worked up though, it's bad for you.

Reactions: VMS
Okay, Worrall didn’t feck it.
He didn’t do anything wrong.
He did do something wrong but there's 10 others on the park who don't have to follow suit, put the tools away and give up. Does that now mean every time someone makes a gaff then the whole team collapse?

we lose a terrible goal and we fall apart for the remaining 65 mins and we are strong enough to win the league?........Aye ok

Did you actually read what I said? On paper, that squad is good enough to win the league. But we have major issues with mentality, the defence, and learning a bit of gamesmanship. Do those three, and quickly, and we can win the league.

Goldson and Katic at CB asap IMO. No other way forward.
I am agreeing with this. Goldson and Katic period.
Last night was a kick in the guts, but we need a bit of perspective, going to Steve Clarke's Killie at home on their plastic pitch is probably the second hardest fixture of the calendar. We were unlucky not to get a draw, but we are still within touching distance yet.

Did you actually read what I said? On paper, that squad is good enough to win the league. But we have major issues with mentality, the defence, and learning a bit of gamesmanship. Do those three, and quickly, and we can win the league.

So the squad is good enough to win the league , except for the defence , our mentality and gamesmanship ??

Do me a favour ffs .

So the squad is good enough to win the league , except for the defence , our mentality and gamesmanship ??

Do me a favour ffs .
Do yourself a favour and engage your brain.

Goldson and Katic (both still there, and hopefully Goldson will be back soon) were a far more solid defensive pairing
Gamesmanship is a decision, it's deciding to do all the little things that a team like Kilmarnock does to kill the pace when leading, to see a game out, it's not hard to teach.
The mentality aspect is the tough one to deal with and I can't offer a solution without knowing the cause.

Do yourself a favour and engage your brain.

Goldson and Katic (both still there, and hopefully Goldson will be back soon) were a far more solid defensive pairing
Gamesmanship is a decision, it's deciding to do all the little things that a team like Kilmarnock does to kill the pace when leading, to see a game out, it's not hard to teach.
The mentality aspect is the tough one to deal with and I can't offer a solution without knowing the cause.

Engage your brain . Instead of writing huge paragraphs about nothing, face the simple fact - we are not good enough.

And for future reference it’s game management we are dire at , not gamesmanship ffs .

Almost 24 hours after the event and I’m still seething

Last night we handed them the league, we can hope that they’ll stutter but I don’t see us having consistency.

Huge questions need to be asked about how fragile our mentality is and questions need to be asked if Worrall has the right mentality to be a top player. The way he crumbled was akin to a schoolboy trying to hide.

Before the Cowdenbeath game the manager said that “it’s a pity McCrorie is suspended as he’s the guy in possession of the jersey”. But gets dropped to accommodate 1 of 2 unfit players for the next game.

Engage your brain . Instead of writing huge paragraphs about nothing, face the simple fact - we are not good enough.

And for future reference it’s game management we are dire at , not gamesmanship ffs .

Our game management vs Celtic was fine, but we can do better with both

Back