Kilmarnock will ask for a £1million government loan to help them survive the season

Bonnyloyal

KILMARNOCK will ask for a £1million government loan to help them survive the season.

Owner Billy Bowie has revealed Killie are set to record a seven-figure deficit and will ask the Scottish Government to bail them out.

Bowie explained directors have been ploughing in cash to pay the bills after the Covid-19 pandemic hit the club’s income streams.

He said: “I am sad to say we are forecasting a seven-figure deficit.

“Every month up to now, due to the directors and our organisation creating funds to pay the bills, everyone has been paid up.

“We have identified that there will be a cash flow shortage.

"We have a business interruption insurance claim that we hope will be an interim payment to carry us through.

“We have agreed to seek a government loan of £1m. It goes against the grain with myself as I don’t want to see the club going back into bank debt.

“Myself and the other directors are looking to try to get funds to keep the club going until the end of the season.

“The club shop sales have been good and we are looking at other avenues to bring income in.”

Despite the financial struggles, Bowie says boss Alex Dyer will be backed in the January window to add to his squad.

He added: “We had a meeting last week and we had approved a sum to Alex to bring in an additional player.

"Hopefully that will give him enough funds to bring in the player we need.”

giphy.gif

KILMARNOCK will ask for a £1million government loan to help them survive the season.

Owner Billy Bowie has revealed Killie are set to record a seven-figure deficit and will ask the Scottish Government to bail them out.

Bowie explained directors have been ploughing in cash to pay the bills after the Covid-19 pandemic hit the club’s income streams.

He said: “I am sad to say we are forecasting a seven-figure deficit.

“Every month up to now, due to the directors and our organisation creating funds to pay the bills, everyone has been paid up.

“We have identified that there will be a cash flow shortage.

"We have a business interruption insurance claim that we hope will be an interim payment to carry us through.

“We have agreed to seek a government loan of £1m. It goes against the grain with myself as I don’t want to see the club going back into bank debt.

“Myself and the other directors are looking to try to get funds to keep the club going until the end of the season.

“The club shop sales have been good and we are looking at other avenues to bring income in.”

Despite the financial struggles, Bowie says boss Alex Dyer will be backed in the January window to add to his squad.

He added: “We had a meeting last week and we had approved a sum to Alex to bring in an additional player.

how can they give the manager money to bring in a player yet ask the government for a loan? This is ridiculous.

They will be one of many in this predicament. This pandemic is going to absolutely cripple clubs in Scotland.

If only they hadn’t been spiteful bastards and cut our allocation, they could have had an extra £300-400k in their coffers from our two visits there last season.

If, and it’s a big if, crowds are back for 21/22 season, we will most certainly see Kilmarnock begging us to take both stands again.

Kilmarnock have already had multiple millions in bank loans forgiven now they want public money as well yet other clubs are punished for an insolvency event?

Them and their wee mob of fans who were all uppity about Rangers in 2012 can bolt, can't afford players etc then go into administration and get relegated like other clubs have done.

Ask for a Government loan and then saying it will help to bring in a player.

Sorry but naw.

He needs a loan from.the government then says he's buying players? That is bat shit mental logic, and there's karma for reducing the allocations.

Don't have an issue with the loan request or buying a player, that's how these things work.

What fans they have I hope give them hell for their stupidity I'd denying us thousands of tickets at a cost of hundreds of thousands of pounds to them, pounds that would've kept the wolves from the door.

Ah, it was all so funny at the time....

He does'nt seem like the smartest guy to be honest.
If you are applying for a loan and pleading poverty, don't broadcast you are going to spend it on something you don't need.

Couldn't manage a piss up in a brewery you take as mich revenue as possible while you can they cut their nose to spite their face.

Government can’t just give out taxpayers money to football clubs
Especially when they are going to bring in another player ffs!

They should be told to sell players first before getting a loan. Hopefully relegation awaits to get rid of that park

I don’t have the capacities to hand, but let’s say 3,000 tickets at £25 would have been a nice £75k extra in his pocket.

I can’t wait to see how many tickets we get after this shit show.

Probably get 90% of most grounds.

Cormack giving us 5,000 seats at Pittodrie will be delightful.

I’ll have a gazillion MyGers points by the end of the year.

All of the kill em all guys on here should think of the long term health of Rangers when other clubs are struggling. We need these teams to survive or its alloa in the top league playing us with part time players getting £20 a game. Decent competition is what made us the club we are. Their fans can suffer enough watching and listening to us celebrating league titles.

Back