Kilmarnock will ask for a £1million government loan to help them survive the season

I don’t have the capacities to hand, but let’s say 3,000 tickets at £25 would have been a nice £75k extra in his pocket.

I can’t wait to see how many tickets we get after this shit show.

Probably get 90% of most grounds.

Cormack giving us 5,000 seats at Pittodrie will be delightful.

I’ll have a gazillion MyGers points by the end of the year.
Where things are at the piggery we may get 20k back

Such a shame, no really I am genuinely,.... pffft who am I kidding wasn’t that long ago their shitey fans wanted us dead and buried. I must conclude therefore that not one shiney shite is given.

Reaping and sowing. %^*& killie, to take a full stand away from Rangers fans and have nothing to fill it with.
Dumbest marketing strategy ever, if it dies it dies!

I’ll not forget the incoherent rambling of Bowie when he slaughtered our dossier. No sympathy for him although I didn’t used to mind Killie before they got that pitch.

Thought there was a rule about government interference in football?

So essentially they’re insolvent without a government loan? Should they not be made to go down the admin route if they’ve got cash flow issues

Absolutely fu.ck Killie and their fans

I'm pretty sure he means hes taking up the offer of loan that was allocated to all premiership clubs. £15m in loans and £20m in grants to the Championship and below wasn't it?

Bowie , no not him the other one , is a rich guy if he can secure the loans then maybe it’s ok to seek cash and spend as they wish . But . It could also be seen as a sport8ng advantage and we all know what spfl / sfa think of those .

Should just go to a bank like other people have had to do

Directors ploughing in money. Spending money they don’t have etc. Another club who will need football to continue to keep some income coming.

Probably going to echo what has already been said but surely he should be told to %^*& off, how can you need a bail out but plan on spending money on additional players and wages.

Better business decisions are also required from Killie, as long as they are willing to have empty seats as opposed to giving us additional tickets and as long as tjey jave cash for transfers and sellable assets they should be forced to sort it out themselves without a bail out.

Slightly misleading headline/article.

This will be under the Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme - provided by banks but 80% is guaranteed by the government to cover the banks losses if Kilmarnock fail on payments. Interest payments will also be covered for 12 months.

Any football club in Scotland could apply so not issue in terms of sporting advantage or the like..

What happened to , 'Where there's muck there's brass' ?
uVxOQmp.jpg

Let them die !

Don't have an issue with the loan request or buying a player, that's how these things work.

What fans they have I hope give them hell for their stupidity I'd denying us thousands of tickets at a cost of hundreds of thousands of pounds to them, pounds that would've kept the wolves from the door.

Ah, it was all so funny at the time....

It was these fans that demanded they only sell one stand to us.

I’d offer them a couple of players.
We’d be the biggest beneficiaries of this.
Would Kennedy, for example, learn more there than at Raith?

No help for us so no help for others, you need to start from the lowest league if you go into admin

KILMARNOCK will ask for a £1million government loan to help them survive the season.

Owner Billy Bowie has revealed Killie are set to record a seven-figure deficit and will ask the Scottish Government to bail them out.

Bowie explained directors have been ploughing in cash to pay the bills after the Covid-19 pandemic hit the club’s income streams.

He said: “I am sad to say we are forecasting a seven-figure deficit.

“Every month up to now, due to the directors and our organisation creating funds to pay the bills, everyone has been paid up.

“We have identified that there will be a cash flow shortage.

"We have a business interruption insurance claim that we hope will be an interim payment to carry us through.

“We have agreed to seek a government loan of £1m. It goes against the grain with myself as I don’t want to see the club going back into bank debt.

“Myself and the other directors are looking to try to get funds to keep the club going until the end of the season.

“The club shop sales have been good and we are looking at other avenues to bring income in.”

Despite the financial struggles, Bowie says boss Alex Dyer will be backed in the January window to add to his squad.

He added: “We had a meeting last week and we had approved a sum to Alex to bring in an additional player.

"Hopefully that will give him enough funds to bring in the player we need.”

1. So the government should just bail them out, just like that?

2. They want a cool million of tax-payers money...to buy players?

3. Surely their fans can write to their friends at the Knew Camp for a wee tap? (Remember the Killie fans writing to the bheasts in 2012 pleading with them not to boycott Rugby Park when their chairman abstained in the vote for us staying in the SPL?)

4. Get it right fucking up Kilmarnock.

Obviously its a genuine shame when good community clubs struggle

But when the local community barely used to attend their games anyway perhaps a reduction in the number of pro clubs in Scotland wouldnt be the worst thing to happen

If I was in charge of dishing out the government loans that would be my 1st question. How can you afford new member of playing staff?
If I was in charge, I would have them up on an obtaining money by deceit charge then demote them to the bottom tier.

They will be one of many in this predicament. This pandemic is going to absolutely cripple clubs in Scotland.

If only they hadn’t been spiteful bastards and cut our allocation, they could have had an extra £300-400k in their coffers from our two visits there last season.

If, and it’s a big if, crowds are back for 21/22 season, we will most certainly see Kilmarnock begging us to take both stands again.

Nothing surer.

Pandemic aside they won't be near the top end of the table or a European spot again.

Did their average crowd at Rugby park even improve that much under Clarke when they were flying?

It’ll be interesting to see what happens regarding away allocation after Covid.

My guess is that all these clubs will be sending postcards to Rangers supporters a month before the game, a young burd on a sunny beach with the headline “come to Kilmarnock / Aberdeen / Paisley” .

They will be begging us to go.

It’ll be interesting to see what happens regarding away allocation after Covid.

My guess is that all these clubs will be sending postcards to Rangers supporters a month before the game, a young burd on a sunny beach with the headline “come to Kilmarnock / Aberdeen / Paisley” .

They will be begging us to go.
I still wouldn’t bet on that. They hate us more than they love their own shitey wee teams. They basically said they’d rather go bust than help us.so they should be careful what they wish for.
I personally hope they all go down the pan. Would give Rangers a passage out of this hate filled backwater
As for killie, they pandered to Clarke wanting reduced allocation for us, Bowie as a businessman should have overruled him and said no, allocations will stay as they are.
Feel sorry for Dyer if I’m honest though, a thouroughly decent football man

Back