Kilmarnock will ask for a £1million government loan to help them survive the season

No loan should be given.

If they can’t keep the lights on they should go into admin, be docked points and relegated to the bottom tier.

Karma’s a bitch.

This mumbling clown has a vote within Scottish football. Suggest he uses it more wisely in future

How can this be?
We were all told that if we called the league and awarded the title to the bheggars then this would secure the financial future of Scottish football. :rolleyes:

I'm 'surprised' (not really) at the outrage about this. The Government - national Government - are giving loans to businesses all over the country to help them survive. This loan is available to all clubs in the top top flight. The clubs in the lower divisions got grants - free money not loans - at circa £500k for Championship clubs for example. Assuming its part of the £20m funding package for Football. Rugby got £30m incredibly. I expect EVERY club in the top flight - including our own - will take advantage of this.

There is an argument to be made that those taking the loan shouldn't be spending cash on transfers, I agree. Would we want that to apply to ourselves though?

Last edited:
Killie were the only club that didn't vote us out in 2012, they abstained.

Lol, is that tired old shite getting dragged out again?

Aye, their chairman abstained, but their fans were furious at him and wrote to the mentally challengeds fans begging them not to boycott them in retaliation.

Feck them abstaining. B-D

All of the kill em all guys on here should think of the long term health of Rangers when other clubs are struggling. We need these teams to survive or its alloa in the top league playing us with part time players getting £20 a game. Decent competition is what made us the club we are. Their fans can suffer enough watching and listening to us celebrating league titles.
After the way clubs stuck the boot into our club, it's understandable that fans are enjoying a bit of Schadenfreude.

Perhaps they could ask their players to reduce their salaries to the living wage, or a wage Kilmarnock can afford to pay.

Isnt this state aid financial doping?

The Sun has taken this from their interpretation of the results of a zoom forum organised by killie trust yesterday. I saw this and Bowie didn’t say that. He did say that the club would likely have a 7 figure deficit this year but were still looking at funding options.

Lol, is that tired old shite getting dragged out again?

Aye, their chairman abstained, but their fans were furious at him and wrote to the mentally challengeds fans begging them not to boycott them in retaliation.

Feck them abstaining. B-D
Remember that we required yes votes, an abstention therefore had the same effect as a no vote, and had no benefit to us whatsoever.

Is this the same Billy Bowie who didn't think Rangers dossier merited an investigation into the SPFL?
Oh dear! I'm sure if the Govt say no then your old pal Japanese Eyes will stump up the readies!
LOL!

Is this the same Billy Bowie who didn't think Rangers dossier merited an investigation into the SPFL?
Oh dear! I'm sure if the Govt say no then your old pal Japanese Eyes will stump up the readies!
LOL!
That's him, the very boy who also, on the back of a flimsy excuse about fan behaviour, deliberately stopped our fans, ie paying customers, from watching their team, losing money for his club & the local Kilmarnock businesses & economy.

No time for him or his club whatsoever.

The same Killie that cut there cash flow when crowd's were in stadiums by not selling tickets to Rangers fans that wanted to attend the game.
Hope SG tell them to bolt.

Don't have an issue with the loan request or buying a player, that's how these things work.

What fans they have I hope give them hell for their stupidity I'd denying us thousands of tickets at a cost of hundreds of thousands of pounds to them, pounds that would've kept the wolves from the door.

Ah, it was all so funny at the time....
Yes the prem loan scheme from SG is in place.
I can still see him swanning with the mic pointing over his shoulder at our stand having a laugh and a joke.
bye bye right enough.

I haven’t read the whole thread, but there are multiple precedents in Scottish football that insolvency events mean points deductions. Substantial points deductions, usually enough to ensure relegation. I’m not saying that’s right, but that’s what consistently happens.

Are government bailouts to be used to avoid insolvency and its footballing consequences? Aside from the fiscal responsibility question, where’s the sporting integrity?

If I was in charge of dishing out the government loans that would be my 1st question. How can you afford new member of playing staff?
Different budgets most likely.

A host of clubs have signed players/are paying playing staff full wages whilst other non playing staff go onto furlough or are asking for cash in other ways from the Government. Pretty sure we were one of them.

I haven’t read the whole thread, but there are multiple precedents in Scottish football that insolvency events mean points deductions. Substantial points deductions, usually enough to ensure relegation. I’m not saying that’s right, but that’s what consistently happens.

Are government bailouts to be used to avoid insolvency and its footballing consequences? Aside from the fiscal responsibility question, where’s the sporting integrity?
I'm very critical of clubs having artificial pitches as yours does mate,but realistically there's not enough support given to prevent it from being necessary in the first place.

The lack of facilities for the communities the clubs serve is a huge problem and one of many reasons why the country is held back from a footballing perspective.
And I mean affordable,accessible facilities.

Football clubs should not be getting government assistance.

If you are struggling as a company, you sell off some of your assets, i.e. playing staff and cut your cloth accordingly.

I certainly don't want my taxes used to pay footballers.

How are the going to pay it back? Probably by offering us 2/3rds of the ground when we return.
What are they using for collateral ?

Remember the representative of the SPFL last year telling us it would be too difficult to grant loans to clubs because it would be too time consuming to carry out due diligence etc ? By the time the Scottish government get around to carrying out due diligence we'll be out of lockdown and ready for day trips to Mars.

I wonder what collateral is being put up for the £20M that the government were awarding to Scottish Football's upper leagues ?

A serious answer to a serious subject.
I would think but don’t know if the sfa/spfl would look sympathetically at these situations during covid and no funds coming in.

What are they using for collateral ?

Remember the representative of the SPFL last year telling us it would be too difficult to grant loans to clubs because it would be too time consuming to carry out due diligence etc ? By the time the Scottish government get around to carrying out due diligence we'll be out of lockdown and ready for day trips to Mars.

I wonder what collateral is being put up for the £20M that the government were awarding to Scottish Football's upper leagues ?
The money has been set aside for prem clubs to borrow.
sg would become creditors should club go under.

Essentially what they are saying is .....

"We need £1m from the Scottish Govt to stay afloat. As soon as we get the £1m, we will give our Manager money to sign players, but it will be different money. Honest!"

Back