Kilmarnock will bank best part of £1,000,000 from us this season

SSR

4 home games with about 8,000 Rangers fans there.
And a share of the gate at Ibrox in the Cup replay.
Fair amount of money to a team like Kilmarnock

Could make even more if they didnt insist on acres of empty seats.
Back in the days of terracing, I used to go and watch Rangers at Rugby Park and it was usually heaving without a gap to be found.
But most Scottish grounds were like that for an away game involving Rangers.
Changed days indeed, and it doesn't do the Scottish game any favours, it seems nuts that a stadium is half empty and that potential customers are locked out.

There are a lot of clubs in Ayrshire incredibly well supported in the Juniors and a credit to the game itself.

Killie are in almost every way a detriment to that-that pitch,style of play,managers lack of class.

Pathetic.

To give the Killie fans the benefit of the doubt.... I would pay to watch my home team every second week on a plastic pitch.

When you look at the crowds these teams get there is no doubt we are subsidising them. I was surprised how small the crowd was for the recent Hibs v Aberdeen game and you wonder how much our away support keeps them going.

Even though they abstained in 2012, their fans wanted us gone, even though they are going to get £1m from us, I bet those fans still want us gone

Remember though that a abstention was the same as a no vote. We needed yes votes, so abstaining or voting no had exactly the same outcome.

Remember though that a abstention was the same as a no vote. We needed yes votes, so abstaining or voting no had exactly the same outcome.
Was it? I didn't realise that, I've always thought they weren't quite as bad as the rest, but they obviously are.

Was it? I didn't realise that, I've always thought they weren't quite as bad as the rest, but they obviously are.
Johnstone said that gers going out league would cost killie .
Tims supporters asscn told all clubs if they voted for us they would boycott their grounds,
Which they did to killie.
As with us, the tims took both stands,
During the boycott, one stand was closed and the other partially filled
I don't know the present situ

They have cost me 110pounds n bets that pitch should be banned total farce.
The old killie groundsman works for Troon fc and portland park is in fantastic condition.
Hes not at Troon now i know him very well and he is not 100% health wise

Don't get me started. I've not been to an away ground since we came back up. If we get through and draw Scumdee hivs, we'll fill out their ground as well. Absolutely baffling. Sometimes you've got to make a point, unfortunately that goes right over the head of some of our fans.

I'm sure I said somewhere back in the mid 90s that killie had the 3rd biggest travelling support. Looking at a lot of attendance reports, they've been going down over the years. Only ours has remained constant

Even though they abstained in 2012, their fans wanted us gone, even though they are going to get £1m from us, I bet those fans still want us gone
2w594b9.jpg

:mad:

I will be at the replay because I’m going to support The Rangers but I wish there was some way we could pay for the game without having to split the gate money with clubs that hate us

All that money from Rangers supporters and they don't care a jot for our safety,get your stairs properly marked so we can find our rows and seats in a safe manner.

Abstaining was fine by me, there shouldn't even have been a vote in the first place and they just didn't want any part of it. Much rather it was Kilmarnock than any of the other 11 from 2012. I'll never give any of them a penny ever again, not even at Ibrox for a split gate cup game.

When you look at the crowds these teams get there is no doubt we are subsidising them. I was surprised how small the crowd was for the recent Hibs v Aberdeen game and you wonder how much our away support keeps them going.
The sheep had less than 8k at their home cup game yesterday,and they once again gave us a small allocation on Wednesday.

I'm sure I said somewhere back in the mid 90s that killie had the 3rd biggest travelling support. Looking at a lot of attendance reports, they've been going down over the years. Only ours has remained constant

They used to fill the entire Broomloan front when they first came up.

I think this thread is a bit unfair, Kilmarnock has really suffered the last 15 years with unemployment. Johnny Walker closing and various factories hit the town hard.

What a pathetic home support.

They must drag about 3000 each home game if lucky.
They have a hardcore support of around 7-8k but due to a boycott of a few years they went down to around 3k and due to being up the league are averaging around 5 at the mo. In context killie only has a population of 25k.

They have a hardcore support of around 7-8k but due to a boycott of a few years they went down to around 3k and due to being up the league are averaging around 5 at the mo. In context killie only has a population of 25k.

According to the 2011 census they have a population of 46k.

What was the boy off for? Not selling the pies.

They used to fill the entire Broomloan front when they first came up.

I think this thread is a bit unfair, Kilmarnock has really suffered the last 15 years with unemployment. Johnny Walker closing and various factories hit the town hard.
Good enough for them.

Maybe Rangers should set the ticket price at £5 for the replay - upset their income stream far more than ours :D

Johnstone said that gers going out league would cost killie .
Tims supporters asscn told all clubs if they voted for us they would boycott their grounds,
Which they did to killie.
As with us, the tims took both stands,
During the boycott, one stand was closed and the other partially filled
I don't know the present situ

This from a BBC report from 25 June 2012, on the SPL / SFL vote to kick us when we were down ...

"Scottish Premier League chairmen are to meet on 4 July to vote on a new company Rangers' application to join the top flight. While "oldco" Rangers are now in the process of being liquidated, 'newco' Rangers hope to gain admittance. Some SPL chairmen are keeping counsel on their intentions but others have gone public, with five clubs opposed to the move.

With the new Rangers needing an 8-4 majority vote in their favour, Charles Green's company would appear destined to start life in a league below the top flight.

Kilmarnock - ABSTAINED
Kilmarnock Chairman Michael Johnston predicts the club will lose £300k in gate money from the opening day of the season if it is not Rangers visiting Rugby Park. He also has concerns about a loss of future TV revenue.
"Without Rangers", Johnston says, "the SPL will have breached its contract with Sky and other commercial partners who require Old Firm derbies as part of the SPL's contractual obligations. Termination or renegotiation of these contracts may follow with unquantifiable (but certainly negative) financial consequences for all 12 member clubs.

In an address to shareholders and season ticket holders who have been invited to vote on the matter, he continues: "I firmly believe that the success and prosperity of our club will always come first with our supporters. I also believe that our supporters appreciate the progress we've made over the last two seasons and are keen to be a part of what we hope will be an exciting period ahead. Thus the healthy season ticket sales to date - ahead of last year's figures."

Johnston also points out: "Rangers Newco" has offered to accept a range of sporting and financial penalties for the wrongdoing of "Rangers Oldco", as well as undertaking to support a change to the SPL's iniquitous 90% (11-1) voting structure to a more democratic 75% (9-3), if allowed entry to the SPL. This is not insignificant and is recognised in the third option on the consultation response slip."

According to the 2011 census they have a population of 46k.

What was the boy off for? Not selling the pies.
Couldn't argue 46k in fairness. Was only 25k when I stayed there upto the early 90s lol. According to my mates, they have been at war with their chief exec for years basically saying he contributes nothing to make them solvent... all to do with the debts of club and so on. A large % of their support have been boycotting for years trying to force him out but he wasn't for budging. Defo not in the know. All just chat with my killie supporting mates which I had no reason to doubt.

Back