Kilmarnock win Bachmann appeal

This is truly unbelievable. It’s not contentious. It’s a clear as you like elbow to the face.

The fans need to step up here. It’s beyond a shambles.

From Halliday being sent off for celebrating, to Alfie being done on a regular basis, to this. It’s beyond a joke.

It’s like the sfa are publicly trolling us

doesn't matter their out the cup anyway
It does. You can elbow a rangers player and kick a rangers player in the head and the bigoted bastards can get away with it. I thought we had seen it all during the referee strike, we are absolutely out of control.

That is the thing. The role of the Compliance Officer should be to ensure there is consistency in terms of the punishments handed out to players after the fact. However, it has simply led to even more inconsistencies than previously.

Well, they are pretty consistent when it comes to one club actually!

But there shouldn't even be a Compliance Officer !!

What a fucking joke. Games a bogey and I'm glad I'm 57 and not 27 cos I couldn't watch this shite for too much longer. Utterly, utterly disgusting. Well done greeting faced Clarke cos they were too scared to upset you again you absolute arsehole.

On one hand, I want to see the breakdown such as the ones given for Morelos and McGregor.

On the other hand, I hope it doesn't come out as you can't mark those cunts necks with a blow torch.

Next game, poor Hamilton. If I was the manager I would be sending my players out to kick faces & throw elbows about. It's a dangerous precedent.

3rd thread of the night and I'm going to comment again saying I'm genueinly fed up of the double standards pish. Any ideas what the fans can do?
The fans could start putting pressure on our gutless board but I know there’s no chance of that happening.
The club forks out millions of pounds on players transfer fees and wages and then sit in silence while there’s a clear agenda to allow anyone of the many hammer throwers Carte Blanche to go out and injure these expensive assets.
It really doesn’t make sense and again this boards cowardly inaction is threatening the very club they’re suppose to be custodians of.

The fans could start putting pressure on our gutless board but I know there’s no chance of that happening.
The club forks out millions of pounds on players transfer fees and wages and then sit in silence while there’s a clear agenda to allow anyone of the many hammer throwers Carte Blanche to go out and injure these expensive assets.
It really doesn’t make sense and again this boards cowardly inaction is threatening the very club they’re suppose to be custodians of.

It’s okay don’t worry , Dave King emailed Jim Whyte and has a plan :rolleyes:

When is the game being replayed. Surely this is the least that greetin face Clarke can expect? The SFA are making a Roger Hunt of Scottish Football and this is not going to end very well. Is it just me or is everybody getting totally ticked off with this anti Rangers agenda?

Fckn hell.
We are descending down the rabbit hole at a tremendous rate.
There is no stopping this descent.

I don't give a fck about Bachmann, but surely this is so much beyond a joke that there really is no serious officialdom running the sport any longer.
It is just a series of calamities decided by clowns.

As for Alan Muir and his linesman, what the fck do they really think of this...we really should be told?
I hope Mr Muir is taking this up with his referee association because they have clearly found him guilty of making an error when in fact no such error occurred. There was no wrongful dismissal.

Surely the referees won’t take much more of this.

Best refereeing performance of the season and the SFA make a mockery of it with a decision like this. This woman is not fit for the job. Get her fired ASAP

The Compliance Officer has nothing to do with this. It is an appeal against a red card, It is a board of 3 referees that review it.
%^*& knows how they come to that conclusion. The BBC must have supplied the footage.

plantman1.jpg

If this wasn't Scottish football you'd say it was an absolutely fůcking incredulous decision. But in this fůcking perpetual episode of the twighlight zone it fits right in.

such is the Proddie Bigoted Sectarian Scottish football that:

Mcgregor cited
Morelos done
Ferguson not cited
Simunovic, Brown and Burke not cited
McGinn not cited
Bachmann recinded
Brown not cited again

thats off the top of my head in the last few weeks

and this is a conspiracy against "them"?

worst conspiracy ever

i'd actually love to see us comfortable on sunday and McGregor/Foderingham replicates Bachmans assault
then see the reaction

Will probably get slaughtered here but from the angle I saw it at it looked very soft.
You saw it at the wrong angle then. Keeper clearly makes himself big (which is fine) then elbows him square in the face. The call was probably one of the best decisions I've seen this season

This is truly unbelievable. It’s not contentious. It’s a clear as you like elbow to the face.

The fans need to step up here. It’s beyond a shambles.

From Halliday being sent off for celebrating, to Alfie being done on a regular basis, to this. It’s beyond a joke.

It’s like the sfa are publicly trolling us
How are the fans meant to step up when our own PR does sweet nothing. What exactly are we supposed to do.

Not that it matters now but just out of interest was this incident reviewed on Sky Sports by Dermot Gallagher? ...if so did he think it wasn’t a red? (Guessing it might not have been reviewed due to them not having rights to the game tho)

What the actual %^*&! This is beyond a joke now.

They should release full details of every decision, with accompanying video clips to back it up. We have to have full transparency.

Whilst almost all journalists to a man thought Bachmann was hard done by Graeme McGarry of the Herald clearly believes the keeper was guilty. Reading his piece it is clear he is influenced by the video taken from the Main Stand and he states he would be shocked if red card overturned. The piece was printed yesterday morning, obviously before the appeals panel gave their verdict. Cut and paste of article below:

It was interesting to hear the comments of Rangers managing director Stewart Robertson in regards to 'trial by Sportscene' during the week, with his feeling being that misdemeanours by players from his club were being unduly highlighted on national television. Let's be honest, every club in the division probably feels the same.

Ironically enough, Rangers' opponents on Wednesday night, Kilmarnock, may now be the ones to feel aggrieved, as their forthcoming appeal against goalkeeper Daniel Bachmann's red card looks to have been undermined by an angle of the incident shown on the BBC's highlights programme following the game.

From the original angle, the dismissal of the Killie keeper looked incredibly harsh, and the sort of ten-a-penny incident you see in goalmouths every week, but a different angle certainly seemed to suggest intent on behalf of the big Austrian to elbow Rangers midfielder Glen Kamara, and it now looks like a stonewall sending off.

For all that Steve Clarke got right in his post-match comments, and his side certainly should have had an early penalty for Joe Worrall's pull on Eamonn Brophy, this is one area where he may owe the officials on the night an apology.

I would like to demonstrate this elbow into Claire Whytes face and see if she still thinks it's a yellow. Actually he never even got booked now.

The compliance officer situation needs binned. That is an awful decision. Deliberate elbow to the face is now a yellow card???

Back