King says Rangers are close to being dominant force in Scotland

It took Juventus 4/5 seasons to win Serie A again after their demotion (which was only one league and they kept quite a few of their top players). What we went through was 10x worse than that but the deluded in our support expect to come up and run Celtic all the way straight away and win it. They'll talk about how ''2nd is nothing'' totally ignoring Celtic have a wage bill about 60/70% higher than ours and a squad packed with international players. They'll then quote misleading stats about x amount of wins against certain teams in the league yet they'll ignore the fact that we are comfortably clear in 2nd place in the league ie just about where we should be at this point of our rebuild.

People who cant see how much we've improved as a team under Gerrard since recent seasons aren't worth debating with.
I am in total agreement with this post, to many on here bleat and moan for %^*& all it is the FF way I suppose.

£10m if it was that, is still miles off whats needed sadly. In terms of bringing in twenty players, £10m to bring in a whole team won't get you quality. most were squad fillers, nothing of genuine quality. Double that is what will be needed.

Let’s see what’s spent this coming summer mate it will be plenty and that’s before the Morelos money.

This is absolutely desperate.
In what way is it absolutely desperate rather than absolutely true? We need to face facts. If we continue the way we are going then in a few short years we may well lose the right to call ourselves the most successful club in the world. And the events of 2012 and the part they played will be overlooked and forgotten. Our transfer dealings last season were not good enough. The signing of Jones and reported interest in Hastie and Stewart don't indicate to me that next season will be any different.

Only if you prefer cherry picking a small sample from a wider data set.
Ok apart from that how about defeats to Hamilton Kilmarnock (have we beaten them in the league this season)?We have struggled in games so to single out sheep games as cherry picking is wrong
It’s these games that have cost us being closer to them.

Hardly cherry picking.
I agree Laudo.We’ve dropped far to many points against teams we couldn’t break down.

Results v teams round about us
Them 1 win 2 defeats
Killie 0 wins 2 draws 1 defeat
Sheep 1 win 1 draw 1 defeat
hibs 0 wins 3 draws
Hearts 3 wins
Cup competitions
League cup Semi final sheep 0-1 defeat
Scottish cup quarter final 0-2 defeat
It’s hardly close to being dominant form over a season, more empty words from king & nothing more than a poor sales pitch

Let’s see what’s spent this coming summer mate it will be plenty and that’s before the Morelos money.

I'm in agreement. If King is true to his word and all ST cash and the increase go to 1st team then it's not unreasonable to expect a minimum £10m right away given pre sales.

If Morelos goes, I'd expect at least a quarter of that to the first team again, so say between another £2.5-£5m.....£15m all in should get us three of four of genuine class with wages left over for high quality bosmans

I'm 100% certain it wasn't his. It was our ST money and the likes of ENICs investment.

It certainly wasn't the sitting chairman playing Championship Manager style games.

It wasn't Murray's money. It was preferential loans he took from the bank with an at times friendly credit facility due to him having chums working there, on top of st money and other outside investors.

He was a charlatan and anyone believing it was his own cash is a special needs Ray Liotta

Sounds like another season of accepting negative press, biased refereeing, abuse of Rangers supporters etc whilst the Club remain mostly silent. It doesn't work. The club released a statement warning our fans, quite rightly IMO, for the Steve Clarke chants. I wait with baited breath a similar statement from the scum board re Gerrard and IRA chants. I have huge respect for Dave King and what he has done for Rangers apart from this. We could very well bring in some quality footballers for next season and still lose the League because of questionable decisions. No idea why the board can't see this.

In what way is it absolutely desperate rather than absolutely true? We need to face facts. If we continue the way we are going then in a few short years we may well lose the right to call ourselves the most successful club in the world. And the events of 2012 and the part they played will be overlooked and forgotten. Our transfer dealings last season were not good enough. The signing of Jones and reported interest in Hastie and Stewart don't indicate to me that next season will be any different.
Desperate in the sense that you are pouring over his statement and looking for something to be annoyed about. It's absolutely desperate stuff. A fucking renewal letter pops through the door and we've got posters analysing a sales pitch to death. It's very odd behaviour.

Recruitment over the last two transfer windows has been a real mixed bag in terms of success rate.

Massive window coming up this summer.

Summer signings have got to be quality over quantity, we will not see 55 unless we step up a class in quality of our signings, anything less and we will be treading water.

It took Juventus 4/5 seasons to win Serie A again after their demotion (which was only one league and they kept quite a few of their top players). What we went through was 10x worse than that but the deluded in our support expect to come up and run Celtic all the way straight away and win it. They'll talk about how ''2nd is nothing'' totally ignoring Celtic have a wage bill about 60/70% higher than ours and a squad packed with international players. They'll then quote misleading stats about x amount of wins against certain teams in the league yet they'll ignore the fact that we are comfortably clear in 2nd place in the league ie just about where we should be at this point of our rebuild.

People who cant see how much we've improved as a team under Gerrard since recent seasons aren't worth debating with.

We have improved to the extent we aren't being humiliated any more. We haven't yet improved to the extent that we are miles better than say Aberdeen on a 3rd of.our budget the way we should be.

Gerrard has had his settling in season, it's been a qualified success with ups and downs but next year, given the massive advantage in spending power we have over 10 of the other 11 teams we should be putting serious distance between ourselves and the likes of Aberdeen and Killie.

We have improved to the extent we aren't being humiliated any more. We haven't yet improved to the extent that we are miles better than say Aberdeen on a 3rd of.our budget the way we should be.

Gerrard has had his settling in season, it's been a qualified success with ups and downs but next year, given the massive advantage in spending power we have over 10 of the other 11 teams we should be putting serious distance between ourselves and the likes of Aberdeen and Killie.

well we are taking Killie's best two players this season and one is now a Sheep player, so it's weakening them both

Far be it from me to argue with another Rangers fan but do you think we’ve done well enough against Aberdeen, Kilmarnock et al ?

If there is a "beat Kilmarnock trophy" then I'd give an Aylesbury duck.

To win the league you need to accumulate points.

Our points total history will be something like 58.... 70... 77..

Summer signings have got to be quality over quantity, we will not see 55 unless we step up a class in quality of our signings, anything less and we will be treading water.

Absolutely mate. I don’t want to see us “rebuilding” for the 3rd summer running.

Pedro ripped it up to start again. Then Gerrard done it last summer.

By christ we need a lot but can’t and shouldn’t do it in one go. Breaking teams down in the final 3rd is what’s cost us this season. We need to turn draws into victories.

We need to find a left sided “match-winner” (if we can’t get Kent), a right sided “match-winner” (Candeias is decent for particular games but we need someone pitching in with goals from that position) and a creative CM who can be a “match winner”

Find dangerous players for these positions then we have a real crack at the title. The rest of the players in our squad for other positions will do for the time being (with the exception of a decent replacement for Worral/McAuley)

Why would you announce publically how much you have to spend?
That was my point exactly. It would be daft and give them exactly what they need to work towards or try to surpass. I think you read my reply as if it was the post I was replying to which is easy done tbf.

I'm in agreement. If King is true to his word and all ST cash and the increase go to 1st team then it's not unreasonable to expect a minimum £10m right away given pre sales.

If Morelos goes, I'd expect at least a quarter of that to the first team again, so say between another £2.5-£5m.....£15m all in should get us three of four of genuine class with wages left over for high quality bosmans

It will be that without the Morelos money mate and when he goes Gerrard will get that too.

Genuine class and high quality bosmans won't be coming to Scotland.

Works both ways.

Last season we were an utter abomination but were less points behind, had won more games and were still in the Cup.

We have improved. Last season we had the caretaker’s caretaker in charge and have spent money since. Have we improved to an expected level though? Talking about losing less games by less goals implies we haven’t.

What do you want to do? Why not sack Gerrard, remove King & Co from the board and see where that leaves us.

Patience is a virtue in short supply on here.

King is setting us up for a fall with this kind of statement. It’s not needed to sell out tickets, we already have a waiting list.

I’m all for positivity and while we have improved we are still 11 points behind them and they’ve hardly been immense themselves.

King is setting us up for a fall with this kind of statement. It’s not needed to sell out tickets, we already have a waiting list.

I’m all for positivity and while we have improved we are still 11 points behind them and they’ve hardly been immense themselves.
The frustrating thing as they have looked poor this season and we have failed to capitalise.

Desperate in the sense that you are pouring over his statement and looking for something to be annoyed about. It's absolutely desperate stuff. A fucking renewal letter pops through the door and we've got posters analysing a sales pitch to death. It's very odd behaviour.
I'm not looking for something to be annoyed about but neither am I a naive kid who will swallow this kind of chest thumping. The only thing desperate about me is my desire to see us back on top. Grezda, Barisic, Sadiq,Lafferty, Flanagan couldn't do it. Davis and Defoe signed when we were top of the league and still in the cup couldn't do it. Recruitment needs to improve drastically before we can even consider being the dominant force again. I don't need this kind of propaganda to make me buy my season ticket.

the bottom line for me is, do that other shower see us as a real and credible threat to their recent domination, i think we will soon find out the answer to that by their choice of manager,lennon gets it to me that says they don't view us as much of a threat,if however as i think they go for a half decent name and then have to back him well to get them there, then that to me will say they're worried ,dave kings words may well come back and bite us sorely on the arse,lets hope they do not

Our record against the top half of the league is abysmal ,only the fact that these teams have dropped pts against the lower half have propped us up but also shows these top half teams raise ther game v us ,once we start to overpower and beat the likes of dross like Aberdeen and Hibs etc then we will be title challengers ,we need to pass the first big test of next season whether thats against dolly etc ,once we do that and do it regular then itll become beautiful ,i believe gerrard is the man 100% and i believe he will deliver the title but next season the aim HAS to be top spot by xmas or thereabouts ,simply has to be .

What do you want to do? Why not sack Gerrard, remove King & Co from the board and see where that leaves us.

Patience is a virtue in short supply on here.

That makes no sense and has no relation to what I said.

What did I want them to do? Not hiring some randomer from Mexico via Qatar would have been a start. Or maybe even not giving him so much money that it has held us back afterwards. Or maybe even recruiting a DoF (and a few scouts) before appointing said randomer so he doesn’t waste it all on players who haven’t performed for 2 years and have no chance of succeeding in Scotland.

It’s not really asking much. It’s common sense. Yet seemingly questioning this means you want Gerrard out and the Board gone. Mental. The Board aren’t above scrutiny, especially when they make big absurd mistakes.

I'm not looking for something to be annoyed about but neither am I a naive kid who will swallow this kind of chest thumping. The only thing desperate about me is my desire to see us back on top. Grezda, Barisic, Sadiq,Lafferty, Flanagan couldn't do it. Davis and Defoe signed when we were top of the league and still in the cup couldn't do it. Recruitment needs to improve drastically before we can even consider being the dominant force again. I don't need this kind of propaganda to make me buy my season ticket.
You're not being asked to swallow anything. The sentence that has you frothing is a factual statement. Like I said, utterly bizarre behaviour.

Back