King says Rangers are close to being dominant force in Scotland

"Steven’s passion, professionalism and winning mentality has been inculcated throughout the football activities at all levels and we have seen strong benefits from this. Of significance was our first, strong European campaign for many years !"

Loving this :D
I don’t know if i love it or not because i haven’t a bloody clue what it means.

We are nowhere near being the dominant force in the league.11 points behind the scum and out of two cups.getting into Europe is the only bright spot in what other wise has been a poor season.

I have come onto page 5 instead of reading the posts and just to say that WE need major investment to sort them out next season otherwise we won't get the players WE have to sign in order to achieve our goal.

Steven Gerrard, Gary McAllister and the players need funding to make us stronger in most positions we are poor in.

Ffs Dave, reign it in a wee bit eh? I'm a fan of the man in general but sometimes it's a case of less is more when it comes to these sweeping statements of his.

I know it's well intentioned and he's essentially trying to rally the troops for arguably the most important season in our recent history but that particular "dominant force" statement he's put out there is just asking to be shot down and ridiculed. If the shoe was on the other foot, we would be pissing ourselves if the tims released that whilst we were on verge of a third domestic cleam sweep.

Yes, there's been some progress and we're in a better place, under stronger management, than the past few years. Every chance we can mount a serious challenge next season if we get the recruitment right. But the loyal fans are going to renew (or not) regardless of his over-praising so all just seems a bit needless to me.

I want actions Mr King.
Recruitment this summer is going to be massive for us there is pressure as we have to recruit the right players and have a really strong squad.
Gerrard needs time from us and backing from the board and Allens scouting team.
I hope we can find a few gems who will be good players for us next season and a real leader in the team would be good as well.
C'Mon Rangers!

My hope for next season is the players bought last season now have more time to gel and settle in a few quality additions and we could come flying out the traps next season. Got to remember we bought a new squad of 20 players last season some have settled some haven't manly the foreign players but that's expected. I've got a feeling next season we will win the league and I believe what King has said today we aren't far away hopefully next season it all just clicks

It's a silly thing to say in all honesty, it's clearly not tangible as we don't know what they will do next season. We have to consider that sellik might improve next season.
If they do improve significantly, and they have the cash, then its possible we might be looking at another treble. That to me is unthinkable and if DK is serious then we need big money invested in the squad. No Jordan Jones etc it's quality players we need.

"Steven’s passion, professionalism and winning mentality has been inculcated throughout the football activities at all levels and we have seen strong benefits from this. Of significance was our first, strong European campaign for many years !"

Loving this :D
Had to google that word. Awesome.

Unless we're spending well over 20m this coming summer, our chairman is either pished or treating the fans like total mugs. Onwards to the summer.

Stupid statement. He easily could have said comething along the lines of "We are committed to making Rangers the dominant force in Scotland once again".

Far be it from me to argue with another Rangers fan but do you think we’ve done well enough against Aberdeen, Kilmarnock et al ?

If it was a league between only Aberdeen, celtic, Hibs, Kilmarnock and ourselves we would be bottom.

Hearts are the only team in the top six we have taken more points from than they have us. However they have beaten all other top six teams this season.

We have failed to beat both Hibs and Kilmarnock in the league.

If it was a league between only Aberdeen, celtic, Hibs, Kilmarnock and ourselves we would be bottom.

Hearts are the only team in the top six we have taken more points from than they have us. However they have beaten all other top six teams this season.

But it's not a league of just 5 teams so your point is absolutely redundant.

If your auntie had baws.

What about a league of Sunday games - where would we be there eh eh eh eh eh eh eh ?

We've added ~ 10 points a year since we came back up - sooner or later that wins the title.

It’s clear King is a wee bit star-struck with Stevie G and will let him stay at Ibrox until the fans utterly revolt or Gerrard wants out.
Just because Gerrard is applying EPL standards to our club, at all levels, doesn’t make him a good coach and manager.
The jury’s still out for me - he was outfoxed by McInnes and his tattie farmers.
'Just because Gerrard is applying EPL standards to our club, at all levels, doesn’t make him a good coach and manager'. I find that particular part of your comment confusing. As to your comment that he was "outfoxed" by Mcinnes, that's nonsense. So if your team loses it means a manager was out-thought? That last game at Ibrox was one we were all over them, and, arguably, should had a penalty and there defender should have booked earlier.

It wasn't Murray's money. It was preferential loans he took from the bank with an at times friendly credit facility due to him having chums working there, on top of st money and other outside investors.

He was a charlatan and anyone believing it was his own cash is a special needs Ray Liotta

Leave Ray out of it

FFS, we all know its patter for ST renewal time, why gat all hot and bothered about it?
Mate it’s the fact that he is taking a load of old fanny.Just tell us he is backing the manager and like the rest of us wants us back on top,defend the fans when we are attacked by all in sundry.Stand up for the club when vilified by the goblins and their whores in the media.Instead of that statement.I know it’s a sales pitch.But we are sick of chat get on with doing it on the pitch.Less chat more trophies.Simple.

Read the post I replied to.

I won't bother. It doesn't make the points you've made any more relevant.

Man City have lost to more teams than Liverpool this season but are top of the league (if they win their game in hand).

We lost more games than the Tims the season Burns was the manager and we won the league on our way to 9IAR.

In short - your nit picking of stats is pointless and the only stat that matters is your final league position.

Last edited:
Read the post I replied to, try let that sink in then reply like an adult.

We are on course to get between 7 and 11 more points than last season.

I prefer that outcome to whoever we beat or didn't beat last season or any other.

If we get 90+ points next season I wont care who they come from.

'Just because Gerrard is applying EPL standards to our club, at all levels, doesn’t make him a good coach and manager'. I find that particular part of your comment confusing. As to your comment that he was "outfoxed" by Mcinnes, that's nonsense. So if your team loses it means a manager was out-thought? That last game at Ibrox was one we were all over them, and, arguably, should had a penalty and there defender should have booked earlier.

I'm saying you can have ask for all the fancy canteens and EPL-level facilities etc at the club, but if you ain't a good manager it's not going to make much of a difference. Aberdeen (McIness) has put us out two cups and we've only beaten them once this season. I'd say he's had the upper hand.
For me, the jury's still out on Gerrard. You can't fault his professionalism, drive and honesty - but is he a good coach and tactician?

I'm saying you can have ask for all the fancy canteens and EPL-level facilities etc at the club, but if you ain't a good manager it's not going to make much of a difference. Aberdeen (McIness) has put us out two cups and we've only beaten them once this season. I'd say he's had the upper hand.
For me, the jury's still out on Gerrard. You can't fault his professionalism, drive and honesty - but is he a good coach and tactician? The jury's still out for me.
That sounds just about fair, but it's slightly pejorative to say 'fancy canteens' as if that is nothing more than some mere aesthetic superficial measure. The canteens are as much a part of his style that tells these players that this club has high standards. I personally think Gerrard is better, and is doing better than it appears; the size of his task cannot be minimised. Next season we will see; I'm extremely optimistic about it

Tell you what, seeing that guff emblazoned over the back pages yesterday was embarrassing. And no, I had no intention of reading it.

I was cringing last week with Arfield's comments after beating Motherwell in a meaningless match. Now we know where he's getting it from.

This is the kind of stuff we used to lap up at the beginning of the season, any season from Peter Grunt.

Why don't they all just shut the fc_uk up and do their talking on the pitch when it matters. And one game apart still to come this term, that means next season.

Back