Kirkwood hails Rossiter

He must be fuming that he is fit just as the seasons ending. Maybe he'll get a sub appearance before the break.

Excellent. If he can stay fit and avoid injury, other than the usual run of the mill ones, he could be an important player for us next season; or maybe even get a short run out in our final matches this season.

As much as I want Jordan to kick on and show us what he can do. But he is one of the Clubs higher earners. And it is a massive gamble now fit again to lose him too injury. I suspect if a decent offer came in he would be sold as it would be too a high a risk considering his injury history, 4 games in 2 season for around £20K per week.

Would absolutely love to see the lad overcome his troubles and get a good run. Can’t help but feel pessimistic about it, but fingers crossed because he comes across as a consummate professional and level-headed to go with real ability.

As much as I want Jordan to kick on and show us what he can do. But he is one of the Clubs higher earners. And it is a massive gamble now fit again to lose him too injury. I suspect if a decent offer came in he would be sold as it would be too a high a risk considering his injury history, 4 games in 2 season for around £20K per week.

I doubt it is that much, a lot of it will be covered by insurance as well.

Fingers crossed for him. No one will be more pleased than himself.

Hopefully he's available fit and ready next season, at worse case he's a very strong addition to the depth on the bench.

Heard from a reliable source inside Ibrox he was 10 days away from being ready...

In all seriousness though I hope he can avoid injury and get a good run of games under his belt next season. No doubt he will avoid injury play amazing and leave us on a free transfer at the end of his contract lol

Delighted for him and hope he can get a good run of games and fitness now.

I agree with your points here mate. He needs to be contributing for what he is getting paid, but it nothing like £20k a week.

Sounds good.

Jumping ahead to next season I take it most of us would agree it's him or Ryan Jack and not both together? Too similar?

He must be fuming that he is fit just as the seasons ending. Maybe he'll get a sub appearance before the break.
I think he'll want to get a decent pre season under his belt and come flying out the traps for us,no point in rushing him back,the season is a busted flush now. He'll be like a new signing for us,possibly have Jack back as well,as things stand we look good assuming everyone stays fit as far as midfield is concerned anyway.

Really hope we do not see him this season. It might be tempting for Murty to give him some game time as a feel good move but he really needs to be allowed to play himself into proper fitness at his own pace in non competitive games and then get a right good pre season and see if we can’t build up some genuine robustness in the lad, just to give him every chance at making it.

Keep it going, Jordan!

Am I right in thinking he's entering the last year of his contract with us? Praying we get a chance to get the best out of him, we deserve to after sticking by him through this injury hell.

I would say throw him in against them on Sunday, but you just know one of those dirty bassas would do him. Not worth the risk, keep him fit for next season, he'll run our midfield.

Would be a great lift for the team to have this guy playing week in week out, hopefully he has great pre season and is in the team from the off.

Just turned 21 last month , half way through a 4 year deal this summer . Could still be an important player for us .

Excellent news. Hope he kicks on big time and rams it up all the clueless mongos on here that wanted to dump a 20 year old kid on the scrapheap.

I agree with your points here mate. He needs to be contributing for what he is getting paid, but it nothing like £20k a week.

Half of that if I remember right.

As for the length of deal, I’m sure I remember three years being mooted when he signed but transfer market etc. has him contracted until 2020. Just read back and it was a four year deal.

All things being well he’ll have a great season and be signing a new one this time next year.

Hope the “good news “continues for Jordan,and we see him fully fit next year,looking forward to seeing what he’s capable of.

Let’s let the boy get proper match fit again. Play with this group till season ends.
Pre season behind him and part of the first team squad.
Competing with McCrorie for defensive midfield and any new signing.

Would love him to come good & have every sympathy for him
But I won't be relying on him in any way until he's had at least 5 or 6 starts on the trot, played consistently and remained injury free for a good few months

“I have got to say too, Jordan Rossiter completed 90 minutes, is hopefully injury-free and he put in a fantastic performance.

“The way he goes about his business is second to none and our lads react to that in a real positive manner.”
Saw him at Dens and he was different class,hopefully he can get back to tha,

Back