Kit Launch and Gers Store Thread

Went into the store on sunday hoping to pick up one of the new half zips, wasnt surprised when there wasnt one in sight. Cant wait for this hummel deal to be over tbh...

Some amount of Hummel haters on here, it's quite sad that a brand can get you so upset :))
I'm grateful for them and their sponsorship. I don't think there would be too many sports companies out there that would want to work with the current and extremely unique restrictions we currently face. If the stock levels are rubbish at least it's something that can be fixed unlike Sports Direct at the moment. For those complaining about the design of the strip from last season and the new one, I guess you can't please everybody. However for me, I will always remember that magnificent site of Scott Arfield will his arms aloft after scoring against them in a cracking blue strip.

I’d imagine the red strip will be launched next month because we’ll wear it against Kilmarnock on the first game of the season.

Looking forward to getting the wee man the red one . He’s obsessed with red kits , just pleased we now have one I can get him !

We're selling unprecedented levels of stock.
Compared to years gone by when our kit was available in every sports shop in the land?

One small shop in Glasgow - low stock - and a sketchy website - also with low stock. I'd guess that we are not at unprecedented levels mate.

Hummel's levels - low and slow - of production are the issue here. There is no excuse. They have had months to plan.

Compared to years gone by when our kit was available in every sports shop in the land?

One small shop in Glasgow - low stock - and a sketchy website - also with low stock. I'd guess that we are not at unprecedented levels mate.

Hummel's levels - low and slow - of production are the issue here. There is no excuse. They have had months to plan.

Where have you been these last 10 years? That explains the sports shop issue you have.

The current deal will be more favourable than Murray's JJB deal, for example.

Do you have the figures of stock produced by Hummel? I'd suspect it is far higher than you believe it to be. For example, I've never seen anyone so enthused to buy training kits etc. we're selling more stock than we have done for years and years.

Where have you been these last 10 years? That explains the sports shop issue you have.

The current deal will be more favourable than Murray's JJB deal, for example.

Do you have the figures of stock produced by Hummel? I'd suspect it is far higher than you believe it to be. For example, I've never seen anyone so enthused to buy training kits etc. we're selling more stock than we have done for years and years.
I was talking about availability and ease of purchase. With ONE shop selling the stuff it is going to be far more limited.

I'd say Hummel's production rate and stock levels are low as they have been regularly out of stock on many items. It's 'patchy' at best.

There is no defending them.

I was talking about availability and ease of purchase. With ONE shop selling the stuff it is going to be far more limited.

I'd say Hummel's production rate and stock levels are low as they have been regularly out of stock on many items. It's 'patchy' at best.

There's the Gers Store Online and two commercial premises. In case you didn't realise, we've been hamstrung on a retail front since Murray's JJB deal really. We have little infrastructure on that front, and that's through no real fault of our own.

We're constantly selling out because everyone and their granny is buying stock.

There's the Gers Store Online and two commercial premises. In case you didn't realise, we've been hamstrung on a retail front since Murray's JJB deal really. We have little infrastructure on that front, and that's through no real fault of our own.

How many items have elite and Hummel sold in less than year must be in 100,000s by now not far off a million I'd say

I don't think anyone can reasonably defend Hummel in all honesty, the stock on the shirts is inexcusable and some of the training gear is straight up amateurish.

I wanted that grey tracksuit from last season, they made one "batch" and that was that, it was literally something they sell on their own website with a Rangers crest sewn onto it.

Also, this years training gear looks like it was designed by the people who made the fake union flag kits in Turkey.

I cant wait to pick up some of the new stuff when I have a bit more cash I'm fairly pleased with what I've seen so far. A bit surprised there are so many that think last seasons gear was 'poor quality' as my home top from last season has to be one of the best we have had in terms of 'quality' and design.

There are too many who just dismiss our kit because it's Hummel which is frankly embarrassing. Just for a comparison taking the home top of last season and comparing it with Real Madrids adidas home top and the Colombia away which was also adidas our blows the two of them out of the water. The madrid one is made from a weird material that feels like a tea towel and the colombia one is similar to the old school football tops you used to get back in the early nineties.

I think they are fine from what I have seen and for people to compare the Brand Hummel to fake stuff in turkey is way off the mark this is not a brand you can get on the cheap in one of fat mikes jumble sales.

I think they are fine from what I have seen and for people to compare the Brand Hummel to fake stuff in turkey is way off the mark this is not a brand you can get on the cheap in one of fat mikes jumble sales.

That's because the brand is so obscure outside of Denmark that nobody carries it!

A know all about the retail situation.

What I am saying is that clearly Hummel's forward planning and and numbers of shirts/items they needed to produce is clearly way lower than it should have been. They've mis-judged it. But I don't know how. In good years we easily shift 400k shirts. That's quite well documented going back 2 to 3 decades. To not plan for that is inexcusable.

To be regularly out of stock on stuff is poor. No other big clubs seem to have these manufacturer issues. It's as if they have 5 wee guys in Thailand sweat shop hand stitching things and releasing then in batches of ten.

That's because the brand is so obscure outside of Denmark that nobody carries it!

The only sports shop in the UK that does not carry it is Sports Direct, just like they don't have any of the half decent adidas gear or nike gear either. You will find Hummel online no problem just be prepared to spend a bit as its certainly not the cheapest.

If i'm honest would not be the first brand I would like us to have but If I could choose one for our next deal then it would be umbro hands down.

Let me tell you about basic supply and demand:

A.) Shirts available everywhere and shelves full of stock: demand not meeting supply.
B.) Shirts selling out as soon as they're available: demand outstripping supply.

Which one is better? The answer is B.) for a few reasons. Firstly, it creates a sense of panic when shirts are available, so therefore people won't dilly dally about buying them. Secondly, we are not wasting production on shirts that will sit on the shelves and then be discounted down after Christmas to shift the stock.

Finally, there's several shops selling it. We have The Gers Store stores, we have JD and we have both companies also selling online.

Let me tell you about basic supply and demand:

A.) Shirts available everywhere and shelves full of stock: demand not meeting supply.
B.) Shirts selling out as soon as they're available: demand outstripping supply.

Which one is better? The answer is B.) for a few reasons. Firstly, it creates a sense of panic when shirts are available, so therefore people won't dilly dally about buying them. Secondly, we are not wasting production on shirts that will sit on the shelves and then be discounted down after Christmas to shift the stock.

Finally, there's several shops selling it. We have The Gers Store stores, we have JD and we have both companies also selling online.
Can you point me to examples at other big UK clubs - Man Utd, Liverpool, etc. where their manufacturers deliberately keep stock levels low in order to create 'panic' ?? Because that just doesn't happen.

You're making stuff up to excuse Hummels' poor planning and production.

Can you point me to examples at other big UK clubs - Man Utd, Liverpool, etc. where their manufacturers deliberately keep stock levels low in order to create 'panic' ?? Because that just doesn't happen.

And you're talking out of your bum.

Show me one other club that's ever been in the situation where we are. A situation where the club aren't even ALLOWED to mention our new kit. Go on the club's website and you won't see a single reference to it.

Oh and just as an FYI, I've just gone on and purchased a shirt from JD with no issues whatsoever.

And you're talking out of your bum.

Show me one other club that's ever been in the situation where we are. A situation where the club aren't even ALLOWED to mention our new kit. Go on the club's website and you won't see a single reference to it.
:rolleyes: This is about Hummel's low levels of production meaning stock levels have regularly been poor for about a month now. And that's kit and training gear.

You're actually trying to excuse this by pretending that is is a deliberate and clever ploy by Hummel to create 'panic'. That's just nonsense. They just haven't got their finger on the pulse and have taken on more than they can cope with. That's what you get with a smaller manufacturer though.

:rolleyes: This is about Hummel's low levels of production meaning stock levels have regularly been poor for about a month now. And that's kit and training gear.

You're actually trying to excuse this by pretending that is is a deliberate and clever ploy by Hummel to create 'panic'. That's just nonsense. They just haven't got their finger on the pulse and have taken on more than they can cope with. That's what you get with a smaller manufacturer though.

Show me where I said it was deliberate? Show me.

I dont know of a single person who wants a shirt and doesn't have one.

I dont know of a single person who wants a shirt and doesn't have one.
With all due respect you don't know approx 400,000+ fans who would buy our jersey.

You can't deny that stock levels have been poor and size availability has not been great.

Maybe - just maybe - things are getting sorted now, but up until now it has been a poor show by Hummel.

And as of right now, online there is only one item in an adult size within the whole training range - a fleece top ! No other adults sizes in anything. That's poor.

I would like to see more of the training range in stock online. Seeing all the training gear in such low quantity only being sold in St Enoch's etc is not good i.e the Orange gear. We all had this last year and we were led to believe it would be rectified for the next season's kits. The clothing is brilliant but there needs to be more stock available which could be down to supplier issues.

I would like to see more of the training range in stock online. Seeing all the training gear in such low quantity only being sold in St Enoch's etc is not good i.e the Orange gear. We all had this last year and we were led to believe it would be rectified for the next season's kits. The clothing is brilliant but there needs to be more stock available which could be down to supplier issues.
Yes mate - as I've mentioned - not for the first time, the on-line availability of training stuff is shockingly poor - one adult sized item currently. And for the summer season - it's a fleece !! How can anyone think that's ant good. Hummel really showing that they are behind the curve.

and you've got no idea how many we've sold so you cant say whether it's an issue or not
One thing's for sure - with the regular lack of availability in products and sizes we will not have sold as many as we could have done if our manufacturer had got it right in the first place.

Has the full range of training gear ever actually been shown on the website? (I find it odd, we only show what we have stock of), simply show everything in the range, if it's out of stock say so.

I'm grateful for them and their sponsorship. I don't think there would be too many sports companies out there that would want to work with the current and extremely unique restrictions we currently face. If the stock levels are rubbish at least it's something that can be fixed unlike Sports Direct at the moment. For those complaining about the design of the strip from last season and the new one, I guess you can't please everybody. However for me, I will always remember that magnificent site of Scott Arfield will his arms aloft after scoring against them in a cracking blue strip.
That picture of Arfield....a truly iconic image

One thing's for sure - with the regular lack of availability in products and sizes we will not have sold as many as we could have done if our manufacturer had got it right in the first place.

You should get out of this thread before you give yourself a heart attack or something, you're relentless.

I'm a fan of Hummel.

The tops have been excellent, the training range even better and the tracksuits also very good.

The only real negative is the availability of the training range. A few of last years items sold out quick and never seemed to come back. They had this year's quarter zippers in stock once about a month ago and they sold out instantly and haven't appeared since. Hopefully that is improved in the coming months.

The same posters relentlessly posting the same testicle pulling crywank about sizes and availability.

The situation on retail is simply far too uncertain for any company to make 400 and 500k shirts just so nobody is left without on day one.

Wee bit of patience is needed. Could Nike have enough stock? We dont even know that they would work any differently in the circumstances but they would for absolute certainty fire our badge on last seasons barca training top (or something similar) and call it new. No thank you. Itll be out when it's out and you cant simplify it to "weer eh rangers"

You cant possibly know that.

Like I said, I know of no one who wanted one didnt get one. Similarly, on the megathread, the moaning has stopped about not being able to get the shirts.

This isn't something where you're buying a Mars Bar fromTesxo and decided to go to Sainsbury for a Twix instead.

People will continue to buy the goods.

You can't please all of the people all of the time....some people would still complain at the design and quality if Giorgio Armani had designed them.

I don't think anyone can reasonably defend Hummel in all honesty, the stock on the shirts is inexcusable and some of the training gear is straight up amateurish.

I wanted that grey tracksuit from last season, they made one "batch" and that was that, it was literally something they sell on their own website with a Rangers crest sewn onto it.

Also, this years training gear looks like it was designed by the people who made the fake union flag kits in Turkey.

The quality of the replica shirts last year was laughable.

I got a home top in the sale for a tenner at the back end of last season, if I'd lashed out £60+ for it I would've been raging.

Having said that the training gear I have is excellent.

You cant possibly know that.

Like I said, I know of no one who wanted one didnt get one. Similarly, on the megathread, the moaning has stopped about not being able to get the shirts.

This isn't something where you're buying a Mars Bar fromTesxo and decided to go to Sainsbury for a Twix instead.

People will continue to buy the goods.

Folk will continue to buy the goods but shouldn't they be able to buy them when they want rather than when Hummel get their act together?

It's not a secret we will sell a shed load of tops when it's released, they should be able to cope with demand.

Folk will continue to buy the goods but shouldn't they be able to buy them when they want rather than when Hummel get their act together?

It's not a secret we will sell a shed load of tops when it's released, they should be able to cope with demand.
Too much sense mate.

Too much sense mate.

It'd be sense if there wasn't the entire court case and SDi thing hanging over our retail.

It's mental to ignore that in any comment about the merchandise just now.

"Folk should..." aye. But they can't and there are blindingly obvious reasons for it. For all that, people can still get their strips.

It's just never good enough for some people. I see answers being given and then it's "but there's only one store and it's in Glasgow and that doesn't suit everyone"

Again, it ignores everything that's gone on / is still going on.

Really don't understand folk's frustrations with Hummel.

They make cracking kits, always have done. They're famous for it.

If there are production issues, that's far more likely to be a result of our own legal battles.

Back