Kit Manufacturer 2020/2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll be in a position next season where we will be wearing strips supplied by a company who are no longer our shirt sponsor. Even if someone came in now there wouldn't be enough time to design and get them on the shelves by new season time.

I have no idea who would be interested given all the shite with Ashley still being involved and knowing any new company showing their hand would just be going through all the same stuff we're going through with Ashley, any of the big two show interest and Ashley isn't matching anything.

Quite incredible to think a club of our size, our history,known worldwide and with a massive worldwide support, we have to revert to advertising for a new shirt sponsor when company's should be queuing up wanting to be involved, that's how toxic our brand is and all thanks to Ashley.

I don't think we can even do that mate..

Why would most kit suppliers take a gamble on a toxic brand?

With ongoing litigation with both SD and Elite any deal would be a massive gamble.

I can't see any major kit deal until we are totally clear of the baggage.

I have just watched Barcelona players including Messi play football with a middle aged man in England’s kitchen in an advert for Beko washing machines . This is an example of how many light years we are behind in terms of marketing .

We will have a kit in place but at this point nobody knows who will be supplying it and it’s safe to say Bisgrave has his work cut out for him , he must like a challenge let’s give him time to do his job .

I remember there was talk of us having to serve a 7 year notice period with SD.If we had went down that road does anyone know at what point we would be at now?

Four years away from the same matching clause at the end of that contract as we have in this one.

I remember the days when we were unveiling Adidas as our kit sponsors in the biggest deal in uk history at the time, old Bob Reilly who was a master in the commercial markets bagged a number of great deals sponsorship wise, Martin Bain although he was a roaster brought us one of the biggest sponsorship deals with Nike, we were the envy of every club in Britain, with the exception of Man Utd.
Unless our brand gets better exposure online and in public, and have our house in order financially, no big name brand would touch us yet.
but these brands know they will make a lot of money from us, they know the fanbase is extraordinary but the club is still miles behind most clubs in the U.K.
once we get our shit together, the club will be able to attract the cream of the sports world.
Our commercial director just now is doing a fine job bringing in big names as sponsors, but the main ones we will wait and see how he does.
I hope I eat my words, but I don’t think we will be seeing Adidas or Nike anytime soon.

the good thing is, the bheasts will get so bloated over there, with all that money they make and all the money the fire into the biscuit tin, they will implode. at leas that will be good viewing for once!!

I remember the days when we were unveiling Adidas as our kit sponsors in the biggest deal in uk history at the time, old Bob Reilly who was a master in the commercial markets bagged a number of great deals sponsorship wise, Martin Bain although he was a roaster brought us one of the biggest sponsorship deals with Nike, we were the envy of every club in Britain, with the exception of Man Utd.
Unless our brand gets better exposure online and in public, and have our house in order financially, no big name brand would touch us yet.
but these brands know they will make a lot of money from us, they know the fanbase is extraordinary but the club is still miles behind most clubs in the U.K.
once we get our shit together, the club will be able to attract the cream of the sports world.
Our commercial director just now is doing a fine job bringing in big names as sponsors, but the main ones we will wait and see how he does.
I hope I eat my words, but I don’t think we will be seeing Adidas or Nike anytime soon.

the good thing is, the bheasts will get so bloated over there, with all that money they make and all the money the fire into the biscuit tin, they will implode. at leas that will be good viewing for once!!
If they can get a deal with Adidas then so can we. Once we are rid of Ashley.

The whole thing is an utter fiasco and until the deal with ashley is resolved no big brand will come near us. That includes Reebok, they sponsor and plow millions into the UFC so I dont see how we can even land that to be honest.

Will be kitted out worst than most teams in the Paisley and District

Got a feeling it could be Macron for some reason no idea why.

Whoever gives us the best deal to get rid of Fatman i'll take don't care who it is brand wise as long as it's a good deal for Rangers of course.

If they can get a deal with Adidas then so can we. Once we are rid of Ashley.
Of course we can. Rangers football club is still a worldwide known football club, with a huge fanbase at home and abroad, and still with a good reputation. But with such a reputation comes the press and publicity, good and bad. Our clubs issues have been well documented all over the world, but once we iron out these outstanding problems and issues I have no doubt we can attract sponsors that pay money on a par or better than the bheasts.

The deal thats currently causing the problems was signed by the current board.
Yes but it was, in fairness, an upgrade on original shit deal. This deal, in theory, was same but with more income. Board had to assume we'd get paid, and that fans would buy big. Neither happened.

None of this impacts on us fans as long as fat slug bastard remains involved. As long as first team have kits to wear I'm fine.

Celtic if they get the Adidas deals over the line will be doing template tops next season. It’s too late for mass production of bespoke styles.
Celtic's Adidas deal has been over the line for 6 months and it is a astronomical contract for a Scottish club - makes me fckn sick!!!

Of course we can. Rangers football club is still a worldwide known football club, with a huge fanbase at home and abroad, and still with a good reputation. But with such a reputation comes the press and publicity, good and bad. Our clubs issues have been well documented all over the world, but once we iron out these outstanding problems and issues I have no doubt we can attract sponsors that pay money on a par or better than the bheasts.
This is spot on - well said.

That won’t be happening due to outstanding contractual situation with SD.

people keep saying this, but I thought no-one knew what the issue with SD was, Rangers have put out tenders for companies to contact them with regards strips next season.. why would they bother doing that if they thought we couldn't get a deal with anyone?

I'm not offended.

Adidas is not a good brand in my opinion, now the fact they are giving that lot a fortune means I like them even less.
Hearing through a good source of mine that it was between umbro,new balance and puma(again) that would replace hummel as our new kit manufacturers.Rangers the last i heard several weeks ago,were in negotiations with all 3.I honestly don't care who our club go with, just as long as its good design and quality and of course more importantly the manufacturer who gives our club the most money.Whats other bears heard regarding who our new kit manufacturer is likely to be?

Hearing through a good source of mine that it was between umbro,new balance and puma(again) that would replace hummel as our new kit manufacturers.Rangers the last i heard several weeks ago,were in negotiations with all 3.I honestly don't care who our club go with, just as long as its good design and quality and of course more importantly the manufacturer who gives our club the most money.Whats other bears heard regarding who our new kit manufacturer is likely to be?

I thought puma had Ashley connections?

Hopefully New Balance used to be decdnt gear till I stopped ef buying it cause they supplied the tims

Sherbrook has said it won’t be macron or Umbro.

Id also rule out Puma for obvious reasons if you’ve been under a rock
Rangers and Dave King actually publicly thanked Puma publicly a couple of times, he said they were great.

Might not be as unlikely as you think

Sherbrook has said it won’t be macron or Umbro.

Id also rule out Puma for obvious reasons if you’ve been under a rock
can you jogg my memory, what was the last that happened with Puma? did they not go against Ashley at some point?

you'd hope that Ashley would concentrate on his ever dwindling high street business and crumbling Frasers department stores, but will he %^*&. if only his shareholders knew that he was pissing money up a wall by stringing Rangers through legal battles, for %^*& all return on investment

Rangers and Dave King actually publicly thanked Puma publicly a couple of times, he said they were great.

this is why i asked for more info on this, did they not go against Ashley near the end? FWIW, Puma are producing Arsenal kits these days, in this current situation it wouldn't be the worst outcome

Ashley has shares in Puma
the issue is he has shares in nearly every big sports producer outside of Adidas, Nike & Under Armour. it's what he does, he buys into every brand sold by SDI and bullies the %^*& out of them or eventually takes them over for dirt cheap once he is done ripping the current board of directors to pieces

this is why i asked for more info on this, did they not go against Ashley near the end? FWIW, Puma are producing Arsenal kits these days, in this current situation it wouldn't be the worst outcome
They just acted as professionally as would be expected, didn't treat us badly at all.

the issue is he has shares in nearly every big sports producer outside of Adidas, Nike & Under Armour. it's what he does, he buys into every brand sold by SDI and bullies the %^*& out of them or eventually takes them over for dirt cheap once he is done ripping the current board of directors to pieces
It's virtually impossible for a UK based football club to avoid doing business with something he has shares in

It's virtually impossible for a UK based football club to avoid doing business with something he has shares in
pretty much. that's where you get the dregs - Hummel, Macron - and even then he bullies them and litigates against them. dunno how many times it can be said, WHAT A FAT lady's front bottom

It is unlikely. Puma's main retail partner in the UK is SD. The only reason we had Puma in the first place is because of SD.

I'm hoping we get a deal with Nike, long shot maybe but one of the few companies that hate MA (along with adidas) and at the same time Ashley cant afford to piss them off.

It is unlikely. Puma's main retail partner in the UK is SD. The only reason we had Puma in the first place is because of SD.

I'm hoping we get a deal with Nike, long shot maybe but one of the few companies that hate MA (along with adidas) and at the same time Ashley cant afford to piss them off.

Wouldnt mind Nike meself there strips back then were quality

Hopefully Nike or Under Armour but as long as the club gets a deal that treats us fairly then I'll have no complaints

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back