Kjetil Knutsen

OnTheWay

Fans are mental this team were a pish WIFi code that beat Celtic and how we laughed now we are wanting that WiFi codes manager? Which one is it wee they pish or good?
They're very good. Who said they were pish? Unknown aye, but certainly no pish.

ecossebear

I have a feeling Kjetil Knutsen is going to be one of those managers everyone is going to rave about before he gets a big team (ie Brighton) then he’ll flop never to be heard of again. A PLG type manager. Seems he’s been found out this year. I wouldn’t want him but then I still want us to give Gio some more time.

OnTheWay

He has them playing cracking football but they are wide open as a team and naive as fúck
Just read they had their worst finish in the Championship since 2001 under him. Potter also had a mediocre finish at Swansea before Brighton snapped him up but played really good football.

Interesting recruitment policy at Brighton. Style over results.

SDF

Just read they had their worst finish in the Championship since 2001 under him. Potter also had a mediocre finish at Swansea before Brighton snapped him up but played really good football.

Interesting recruitment policy at Brighton. Style over results.

He's made some decent money for his sides.

He had Twine and O'Riley at MK Dons and sold them for a combined £5.5m

Bought a guy for Swansea for a £1m and sold him for £12m to West Ham a year later.

He does seem very Warburton in his approach but he's clearly got something if he's being touted for an EPL job

fjm86

Is Russell Martin really doing that well?
I believe the night we drew 2-2 with psv Swansea were winning 2-0 up untill 93rd minute when milwall scored and then equalised 95th minute
They also drew 1-1 with stoke 91st minute equaliser for stoke doesnt sound too promising
Only few games in but they are lingering , altho according to supert star Riley Russell Martin is now a celtic fan

SDF

I believe the night we drew 2-2 with psv Swansea were winning 2-0 up untill 93rd minute when milwall scored and then equalised 95th minute
They also drew 1-1 with stoke 91st minute equaliser for stoke doesnt sound too promising
Only few games in but they are lingering , altho according to supert star Riley Russell Martin is now a celtic fan

One of the Millwall goals came from a throw in where the Swansea player handed the Millwall guy it to take a quick one. They scored from it.

derbybear

They’ve lost a few players but have been fairly poor this season so far. Beaten 1-4 at Home to Molde recently I recall.
The spoilt brats keep posting this shit.

As soon as there is something they do like change it. And when they don’t like it 5 minutes later Change it!!!!

HandsomeHead

I dread to think who this board would go for
As much as their last two appointments have actually been very good for the club, I do agree that I’m still unsure the people in charge of recruiting a new manager would get it right.

Gerrard was a massive gamble that paid off, like the Yahoos’ courting of some Aussie nonentity few people had ever heard of.

Van Bronckhorst was actually a bit of a no brainer for us as a replacement for Gerrard - a convenient and available choice for the board really - but there aren’t as many obvious candidates to come in should he leave, and that’s the bit that makes me quite nervous.

Arkanoid

Virtually everyone on that list (just like Potter when wewere linked) would be considered a shite hipster appointment for us by 90% of the people on this board
Like Monk and Rowett? Who folk were also pitching for
Could you seriously imagine Martin stepping out to lead our team!

Soop1980

Regardless of the manager how do you get the current squad to play any differently? We don’t have the players
You give them a different game plan. Play to thier strengths and motivate them. Most of these players got us to a European cup final. A good chunk won the league unbeaten. They are good players. Both Tillman and yilmaz were highly sought after. Goldson can’t play unless he has good defenders around him but he can organise good defenders well.

The players look like they aren’t understanding the current game plan. In fairness, if you buy an attacking team and make them defend that’ll happen

Rickety Cricket

Virtually everyone on that list (just like Potter when wewere linked) would be considered a shite hipster appointment for us by 90% of the people on this board
To be fair, I'd have my doubts about Russel Martin and Steve Cooper, does Steve Cooper even play a high intensity attacking team? I've no idea. The other one, don't know about him either, truthly, only time I've seen bodo was when they tankenked the mhanks and I liked the way they set up and played. That was probably more shock though, even though the had beating Roma, which I didn't see.

McCoist’sTinHat

An England manager is never coming to us ever ever
Steve McLaren, Sam Allerdyce and Roy Hodgson - These aren’t exactly stellar names.

Southgate is in the England job because he fits the FAs requirements, he’s a great orator, says the right things etc.

In terms of his managerial background - Boro and England u21, I’d argue he’s not experienced enough or good enough at club level to be Rangers manager.

SDF

I know folk are hot on Knutsen and I can appreciate why but you’d be appalled if that was a Rangers manager shortlist.

25 years ago we'd have folk telling us "Get the Rosenborg manager, he's shit hot"

Back then they sold a lot of players for a lot of money who then who flopped elsewhere and returned home to them. Bodo/Glimt are doing the exact same thing minus the Champions League results.

Souness86

Official Ticketer
25 years ago we'd have folk telling us "Get the Rosenborg manager, he's shit hot"

Back then they sold a lot of players for a lot of money who then who flopped elsewhere and returned home to them. Bodo/Glimt are doing the exact same thing minus the Champions League results.
You don't think that with the difference in resources he wouldn't have us consistently beating the shite in this league, especially away from home, and competing with Celtic, a side he has already swatted aside twice with ease?

He has over achieved with Bodo, he wouldn't even need to over achieve with us to be successful.

SDF

You don't think that with the difference in resources he wouldn't have us consistently beating the shite in this league, especially away from home, and competing with Celtic, a side he has already swatted aside twice with ease?

He has over achieved with Bodo, he wouldn't even need to over achieve with us to be successful.

Go look at his European record with Bodo. One win v Roma and scudding Celtic twice is what folk are basing this on.

fjm86

IF the club where to part ways with Gio i think Kjetil Knutsen would be a really good candidate.

Plays an attack minded high pressing style of football. We would surely be in a good position to approach him while he is still at Bodo/Glimt.
Playing devils advocate here but hypothetically if Gerrard was sacked by Villa would he be considered by us the fans

dunn1872

I have a feeling Kjetil Knutsen is going to be one of those managers everyone is going to rave about before he gets a big team (ie Brighton) then he’ll flop never to be heard of again. A PLG type manager. Seems he’s been found out this year. I wouldn’t want him but then I still want us to give Gio some more time.
He was extra time away from qualifying for the Champions League and just drew away to PSV in the Europa League. Hardly being found out.

Souness86

Official Ticketer
Go look at his European record with Bodo. One win v Roma and scudding Celtic twice is what folk are basing this on.
They beat Roma twice and also drew with them as well.

I think getting a team promoted and winning the league with them twice is also pretty impressive. He wouldn't exactly need to perform miracles at Rangers to have us on top again. The SPFL barring Rangers and Celtic isn't any worse than the Norwegian league really.

WilkinsBullet

He certainly played like a Celtic fan when he was with us

Blootoonboy

Not sure he’s been mentioned but Dejan Stankovic has recently left Red star.
History of being able to dominate domestically, won the league every year he’s been a coach so far.
They played some nice football against us in Europe aswell.

He came across as an absolute throbber though…Not sure he fits the profile of a Rangers manager.

Sunnyvale_Loyal

Who tf is Riley Russell Martin.

FhillBear

With our board's lack of investment, and the nick of this squad we have, then yeah he would.

Someone posted the other day that only 4 of the signings Ross Wilson has made have played more than 50% of the minutes that have been available to them. The squad is an absolute fucking mess.