Klopp complaining about tv scheduling

When we were young

Complaining regarding games being scheduled for early kick offs after having played on Wednesday Champions league games.No time for players recovery.Also saying they should have 5 subs in EPL ( I thought they had).
Brings up travel for internationals too.
Bottom line , he says he may struggle to have 11 players available.
Is he right ?

Clubs should be given the option to withdraw from any club competitions at the start of the season, otherwise shut up!

That's just daft. In Stevies first season we had a game in Russia followed by a game at the midden with an early kick off. We didn't moan about it but our players were phucked. All he's asking for is not to have the early kick off. I agree with him.

That said he's rumoured to be on 10 million a year. For that I'd get up to play at 3 in the morning:)

I liked Klopp a lot better previously, breath of fresh air, but by god he's turned into a bit of a moaning dick of late!

That's just daft. In Stevies first season we had a game in Russia followed by a game at the midden with an early kick off. We didn't moan about it but our players were phucked. All he's asking for is not to have the early kick off. I agree with him.

That said he's rumoured to be on 10 million a year. For that I'd get up to play at 3 in the morning:)
Many thanks.
Your reason are good, however why start off that way?
Opinions are like a**e holes, we all have them.

Anyway, I presume he was triggered by Keita's hamstring injury? A player who makes Darren Anderton (one for older lurkers) look fit and healthy.

They’ve been asked to play on a Wednesday night and then at lunchtime on a Saturday. Kinda like playing in a Thursday night and then a Sunday lunchtime. Welcome to our World Jurgen.:) Pep was at the same shit earlier in the week.

Thats the price you pay for taking the Sky/BT money.

Man City ans Man U managers also not happy, article is on bbc website ( I know ! ) for anyone interested , quite a few good points in it.
As far as I know, all the leagues apart from Scotland and England bend over backwards to help their teams' games scheduling around European and International fixtures.

Many thanks.
Your reason are good, however why start off that way?
Opinions are like a**e holes, we all have them.

Anyway, I presume he was triggered by Keita's hamstring injury? A player who makes Darren Anderton (one for older lurkers) look fit and healthy.

Sorry I was not meaning to be cheeky.

You'd think after about 20 bans from here I'd engage brain before typing.

He wouldn't be earning tens of millions without SKY. He should have a look at the pathetic amount of TV money Rangers get.

As the article says he knows that there is contracts for the TV games to which BT have the 12,30pm Saturday game and their game is on that on Saturday - Sky have 1st pick of the weekend games which is done using quotas

But maybe in normal he is right that they should be some flexibility in moving games

I think the bigger issue the fact the EPL voted against allowing 5 subs and it now beginning to backfire on them

They’ve been asked to play on a Wednesday night and then at lunchtime on a Saturday. Kinda like playing in a Thursday night and then a Sunday lunchtime. Welcome to our World Jurgen.:) Pep was at the same shit earlier in the week.

Thats the price you pay for taking the Sky/BT money.
I was listening to TalkSport and they were saying the schedule spurs has is ridiculous because of euorpa league, do they not realise we do this every single season

I was listening to TalkSport and they were saying the schedule spurs has is ridiculous because of euorpa league, do they not realise we do this every single season
Spurs schedule has been even worse than ours have been, they’ve twice been scheduled to play games Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday of the same week, they only avoided the first one due to Leyton Orient’s COVID problems.

How much of Liverpool's income comes from TV revenue?

Exactly, probably being quiet on that one Jurgen. Not going to be much different in any league in the world. Including Germany where he previously was. Want to manage a big club then get used to the TV control.

Of course, the clubs go and fight Sky. Give up the TV revenue and see how they get on after that.

Can't stand the greeting faced managers of billionaire clubs. %^*& them.

Always just think back to 2008 when we played about 8 games in 3 weeks.

Hes moaning about stuff like that when theres teams in league one and two who will most likely go bust cos the premier league wont help them out

Happy to take the Sky/BT cash. Granted they have been a bit unlucky with injuries but that's football.

As someone said Wed night / Sat lunchtime is exactly the same schedule as we've been doing for the past 3 seasons except we are Thur/Sun.

It's the teams that should hold all the cards not tv.

Just because they pay large amounts doesnt mean every club should bend over.
They should have stopped it 25 years ago then. Their whining is obnoxious. They took the money to buy the success they have had..that comes with a quid pro quo. Rangers (and Celtic) have had the same pain for 20 years for much less than £5mm a season. Watch you don’t choke on your $200mm from Sky and bump into your €100mm from the Champions League as you limp off the bus for your next TV game!

He’s absolutely wrong about kick off times, but he’s right about 5 subs. It’s not just him either - Jose, Pep and Klopp are in agreement.

The argument against it centres around resources. It’s not fair on a ‘wee team’ like Burnley and favours the big teams.

Burnley in 11th last season received 127.2 million in total in prize money. Villa in 17th got 107 million. If that’s not enough to be able to name 19 players on a match day you’ve fücked your own club.

We could easily name 19, and our prize share was 2.4.

The lack of subs does punish the successful clubs: who play in Europe and compete deep into both cups. Their players bodies are under way more duress. The ones who just want to survive don’t try a leg in the cups. They field shadow sides.

Burnley pay 6 players north of 45k a week, the argument against subs, in the face of the injury data as it exists this season and their payments, is flawed.

Just as is Klopp’s argument about scheduling.

Don't subscribe to this notion that Klopp is this big fun well humoured guy. Has the tendency to come across as a condescending arsehole and his "man of the people" bullshit is tiring.

Undeniably a phenomenal manager but he can seem like a right dick when a microphone is put in front of him.

Anyone who knows how the Germans do it for ALL Clubs in Europe will know its superb. Helps Clubs and also fans plan for the future massively.

I get the bit about the cash though, it all certainly needs looked at.

Zrz4EVb.gif

He should try playing Wednesday - Saturday - Monday - Thursday - Saturday which includes a European final, a league decider & a national cup final all whilst receiving a pittance for TV money.

Wipe out their tv money and let them play at 3pm every Saturday (3pm every Sunday for the europa league teams)......

see what his thoughts are then!

Back