Klopp - Premier League Manager of the Season

The bolded part, I mean Jesus Christ. I’ve had some absurd debates but this is up there. Pep dropped points that proved costly, even though he won the league, but I can’t say that they prove costly to Klopp, even though he ultimately came up short. Absolutely bizarre train of thought. But you’re entitled to your opinion, but it feels like you’re being purposefully obtuse and missing each and every point just to be stubborn. I hope that’s what it is anyway! I mean the irony of suggesting I’m invested in PG when you’re putting up such a bizarre and irrational argument in favour of Klopp is not lost on me. Cheers though!
You’re just not getting it are you?
You keep going back to who won it. But that isn’t what the award is for.

I’m not sure how many different ways I can try to explain why Klopp was awarded it. Clearly something throughout the season”cost” Pep because he didn’t win the award.

Fair enough, if you think finishing 9th or 13th is better than winning 2 cups, getting to the CL final and coming within a point of winning the league when predicted to finish a distant 3rd then there's not much more to say.
Liverpool are expected to go far in each cup of not win it and expected to challenge for the league these days. Of course they are with the squad they and that’s a sign of Klopps success their. You can’t compare Brighton or Brentford to Liverpool though can you? Weird thing to compare.

He’s not achieved far more than Guardiola, what a load of bollocks. Only reason he’s achieved anything is because he was able to spend 70+ million on both Alisson and VVD. Not a wee shitty budget that people would have you believe
4 European finals in 5 years, won the title the earliest it’s ever been won and second by a point on a couple of occasions to a side backed not by its own money but by that of an oil state.

He had to sell their best player to buy Alisson and Van Dijk so stop talking pish.

You’re just not getting it are you?
You keep going back to who won it. But that isn’t what the award is for.

I’m not sure how many different ways I can try to explain why Klopp was awarded it. Clearly something throughout the season”cost” Pep because he didn’t win the award.
But you don’t care right? I’d focus my energy on enrolling in a close reading class if I was you.

Liverpool are expected to go far in each cup of not win it and expected to challenge for the league these days. Of course they are with the squad they and that’s a sign of Klopps success their. You can’t compare Brighton or Brentford to Liverpool though can you? Weird thing to compare.
Weird thing to compare yet you were doing exactly that ? Like I said, not much more to say

There’s no way people reading this thread can’t see the obvious parallels between Liverpool cheerleaders and the shettlestons. It’s absolutely uncanny.

4 leagues in 5 years, multiple cups, European final, got the most points ever in an English season, only ever English treble. That’s more than Klopp.

What’s pish about what I said? He paid 70+ on two players, doesn’t matter how he got the money. He was always overrated anyway.
They should be winning the title by 20 points with what they have spent and their annual wage bill. They have spunked so much money that they can afford to play a more or less full-strength side in every game, including FA and league cups to smash the likes of Burton Albion and Newport County that they seem to always get.

Klopp had to sell his best player to buy the two you have mentioned, as a poor attempt to try and prove a point. They haven’t spent that much on anyone else. Man City spent £100m on a player that warms their bench half the time. They haven’t had to sell their top players to strengthen the squad, they have just produced more inflated emirati-based sponsorship deals, lied in their accounts and paid players off book.

There’s very little achievement in what they have done, given the vast disparity of resources utilised.

Happy with that as I fuuckin hate that wee Spanish fud at City.

Klopp’s a banger too…but just a wee bit less up his own shite pipe.

Pair of dicks.

But you don’t care right? I’d focus my energy on enrolling in a close reading class if I was you.
No, I don’t. I don’t support any of the teams and I don’t really follow English football that closely.

I asked in my first post if it was based purely on the league or over the season. After looking into it a bit further it seems it’s probably opinions of the people who vote based over the season.

I’ve explained to you why it’s perfectly reasonable that people voted for Klopp given how close the league was so it’s likely the people who voted have taken other competitions into account. I don’t need close reading anything, you just need to take you Pep fanboy glasses off and you’d get there.

Frank deserves to be in with a shout too, great season.

The Brentford manager obviously, not Lampard.

No, I don’t. I don’t support any of the teams and I don’t really follow English football that closely.

I asked in my first post if it was based purely on the league or over the season. After looking into it a bit further it seems it’s probably opinions of the people who vote based over the season.

I’ve explained to you why it’s perfectly reasonable that people voted for Klopp given how close the league was so it’s likely the people who voted have taken other competitions into account. I don’t need close reading anything, you just need to take you Pep fanboy glasses off and you’d get there.
Whatever you say mate. But given that you kept asking questions I’d already given you clear answers to I’d be more than a bit concerned if I was in your shoes. Have a good day.

Coutinho wasn’t their best player.

€60 million on Diaz, £52 million on Naby Keita. £35 million on back up midfielders and defenders.
They didn’t have to sell Coutinho anyway. They sold him because Barca were desperate for him, had just brought in a fortune for Neymar, and Liverpool knew they could milk it and punt him for far more than he was actually worth, which is exactly what they did. Of course they did go and set world records transfer fees for goalkeeper and centre half after that, beating Man City to the latter somewhat ironically. The poor wee lambs.

Weird thing to compare yet you were doing exactly that ? Like I said, not much more to say
You said “if you think finishing 9th or 13th is better than winning 2 cups, getting to the CL final and coming within a point of winning the league when predicted to finish a distant 3rd then there's not much more to say.”

We’re talking about the Premier League manager of the year so I’d say Brighton getting a record finish in 9th or Brentford doing so well in their first season in the EPL are greater managerial achievements than Klopp taking Liverpool to second place in the league.

It’s not based on which one fans wanted most, it’s based on how he’s managed his club, squad and team over the season.

The fact it’s based on the league over the season and it came down to the last half of the league match shows that there was very little difference between Klopp and Pep in the league over the season.

You say it was stuff early in the season that cost Klopp but by that same token, there must be parts of the season that cost Pep, because the league was that close.

If you were looking at it and being fair, like for example if you’re trying to pick one to win an award, you could say it was close enough to say both managers were pretty much even over the course of the league season, and Klopp deserved it based on how he managed his squad and team over all competitions.

I'm sure I read Man Utd have been top of the league longer than Liverpool have this season lol.

BTW the lack of Champions League titles stick that gets used to beat Pep with...worth noting that Sir Alex, often lauded as the best manager of all time, only managed 2 Champions Leagues in his 25+ years with Man Utd.

Back