Klopp to clean house to raise £100M kitty

BrownBrogues

Klopp looking to offload six in order to boost Liverpool kitty by £100m
Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp is looking to add to his transfer budget by selling £100m worth of players, a report claims.
Having missed out by the narrowest of margins in a thrilling title race, Klopp still has a chance to win his first trophy with the Reds in the Champions League final.
The German is nonetheless expected to try and strengthen his squad in the summer window, with cover needed for a variety of positions.
As a result, a report from the Liverpool Echo claims that Klopp is willing to offload a number of fringe players this summer in order to help boost the budget.

Goalkeeper Simon Mignolet, full-back Nathaniel Clyne and midfielder Rafael Camacho are named in the report as likely to be offloaded by Liverpool, with no chance of regular first-team action in the near future.
Mignolet has played second fiddle to Alisson all season and looks set to leave, with his agent apparently informing clubs that he’s available for a fee of around £4.5million, with a move to Turkey touted.

Clyne spent time on loan at Bournemouth last season, while Camacho continues to be linked with a shock move to Real Madrid.

Marko Grujic, Harry Wilson and Ryan Kent could all also depart Merseyside this summer, but it is possible they could only be loan deals.
Grujic has been permanently linked with a move to Hertha Berlin and Atletico Madrid, while Wilson and Kent have both been linked with Leeds in recent weeks.
It is believed that Anfield chiefs have set a target of £100million that they wish to obtain through player sales this summer.
Get the latest personalised Reds products on our new TEAMtalk Liverpool shop!

If someone bids 8-10 million for Kent he'll be gone I reckon.They do very well with money for fringe players-Ibe and Solanke in particular in recent times.

Kent back on loan would be awesome. If the reported £12m price for Kent is true then no chance are we getting him on a permanent deal.

As an aside, where do we see Liverpool strengthening this window? It's now hard to see a real weakness.

With no more Solanke & Sturridge, I think a versatile forward in the mould of Brandt could be targeted.

Many thought midfield wasn't too great but Fabinho & Keita came in to good form in the run in, and they have Ox coming back.

Maybe a top class partner for VVD like De Ligt, but Matip has been playing well and Joe Gomez was a revelation for the first part of the season.

It's a difficult one, because you don't want to buy players for the sake of it and upset the balance potentially.

The title is theirs next season.

Klopp knows what to do, and will stop at nothing.
The trouble with that is, it’s hard to improve on an already incredible season, they have only lost 1 game. And could yet be crowned Europe’s best team in June 1st.

As an aside, where do we see Liverpool strengthening this window? It's now hard to see a real weakness.

With no more Solanke & Sturridge, I think a versatile forward in the mould of Brandt could be targeted.

Many thought midfield wasn't too great but Fabinho & Keita came in to good form in the run in, and they have Ox coming back.

Maybe a top class partner for VVD like De Ligt, but Matip has been playing well and Joe Gomez was a revelation for the first part of the season.

It's a difficult one, because you don't want to buy players for the sake of it and upset the balance potentially.
£20 million plus Kent and they can have Alfredo.

I fear Kent will become the new Weiss in that if he does not return, every window he will be linked back, the Player will dangle the carrot and the money won’t allow it to happen.

CM imo.

They need to replace Henderson and Milner with a Kondogbia and a Naingollan or someone of that ilk. A box to box beast and an unstoppable monster

The trouble with that is, it’s hard to improve on an already incredible season, they have only lost 1 game. And could yet be crowned Europe’s best team in June 1st.
Aye right enough hard to believe, their not even the best team in their own domestic league or country.
But could become winners of the ECL or spuds for that matter.

Their midfield is still pretty average.

I would like to see Griezmann replace Firmino through the middle as the number 9. Just my opinion tho.

And also De Ligt to come in and partner Van Dijk. Those two for me would help Liverpool win the league.

I watch all of Liverpool's games and in my mind I'd want to add a new number 9 to challenge Fermino, a CB like Koulibaly from Napoli and a central midfielder as an upgrade on Milner/Henderson.

Their midfield is still pretty average.

Perhaps, on paper. However, I'd argue that Klopps system is Liverpool's main strength, & the current midfield are now versed in what's required.

We've seen how Ox, Keita & Fabinho struggled at first, all only getting to grips with the system after 6 months or so. Id expect all 3 to improve next year again.

They only have to over come possibly the greatest side England's ever seen to do so.

I think City will begin turning their attention to European progress next season.

Lets not underestimate Liverpool either.

They only lost 1 game this season. 1 point behind City with a ridiculous points tally. Now in the CL final.

They’re either just good as City or just a kick in the baws off them.

I think City will begin turning their attention to European progress next season.

Lets not underestimate Liverpool either.

They only lost 1 game this season. 1 point behind City with a ridiculous points tally. Now in the CL final.

They’re either just good as City or just a kick in the baws off them.

I don't think Pep takes his eyes off any prize. Look at City's other title defences which have been poor yet this season he follows up the highest ever pts total with the second highest.

He knows Liverpool will come again next year and he will have City ready to go again

Liverpool have lost their chance at a league win I reckon (ha)

There is no danger they are getting close to a 90 + season next year and that's what it will take to dent City winning the league

You reckon Pep and City will go away?

Not go away but they will rotate the squad more this year in order to make a push for the CL.

I think Liverpool will make more progress and overtake them domestically next year.

City I predict won’t be as strong next year in the league.

Back