Klos moment my friend is convinced happened

It was Zizkov in 2002.

We had a corner, one of our players gets felled in the box, ref points to the spot for a penalty place goes wild only for the linesman to remind the ref the rules and that the ball wasn’t in play. Corner gets taken and Klos gets his head on the ball and the Zizkov keeper saved it.

Exactly how I remember it. Was an emotional couple of minutes. Was tipped over the bar from memory.

It was Zizkov in 2002.

We had a corner, one of our players gets felled in the box, ref points to the spot for a penalty place goes wild only for the linesman to remind the ref the rules and that the ball wasn’t in play. Corner gets taken and Klos gets his head on the ball and the Zizkov keeper saved it.
I had quite a set to with another supporter that night.
I explained that it couldn’t be a penalty as the ball was out of play but, was literally threatened by the resident loudmouth in our bit of the stand and told I was talking shite.
Of course, when I reminded him that I was indeed correct, his whole demeanour changed, even when I embarrassed the guy by reminding him of his threat.
Was worth it though as he was never such a loudmouth thereafter.

The Zizkov keeper made an unbelievable save from the Klos header. Andy Goram was commentating on the Rangers website radio and let out all kinds of expletives. He never commentated again.

Would love to hear that. Wonder how you'd be able to get a hold of it?

Back