Knowing when to get rid

KGR98

We need to be more proactive in choosing when to play out and when not to their was a couple of moments before their goal where players had the opportunity to clear their lines and reorganise 1or 2 passes too many for me in that situation

We'll play from the back this season. It'll cost us the odd goal but contribute to us scoring many more than we concede.

Just have to accept the odd mistake.
This.

We had actually played out of that press pretty well too when Katic inexplicably turned around and smashed the ball at Kamara.

Exactly the right time for this type of performace. Every team has an off day. They havn't suddenly become a poor team... but it will be a timely kick up the arse before thursday. Gerrard will be looking at their response in training before choosing the 11.
Joys of squad depth!

We'll play from the back this season. It'll cost us the odd goal but contribute to us scoring many more than we concede.

Just have to accept the odd mistake.
You have to pick your moments better tho it cant be done every single time our it just becomes like Warburton 2.0 at times we need to vary our play by going long on occasion

You have to pick your moments better tho it cant be done every single time our it just becomes like Warburton 2.0 at times we need to vary our play by going long on occasion
We won't play out from the back literally every time.

And we will.

But your barometer for whether or not it's working would seem to be perfection. You can't achieve that.

The drop of in quality when the older heads in midfield ie Davis and Arfield went of was alarming , the system we play requires 100 % effort and concentration , any drop and what happened in the last 30 mins will happen again , all in all it was a good exercise more minutes in the legs yada yada yada , we are not the finished article , but we are getting there .

Could have easily won the game there keeper made a few good saves, Thot we looked dangerous for 60 odd minutes.

I'm glad it happened today and we were punished for it. It gives the players a kick up the arse and a wee reminder when not to 'play' out from the back

Takes me back to Ronnie McKinnons days, if in doubt boot it out, to day we were lucky a few times not to get caught out, by pussy footing.

I'm glad it happened today and we were punished for it. It gives the players a kick up the arse and a wee reminder when not to 'play' out from the back
Did we not here this line trotted out last season about a dozen times!

The second half today was the first time our defence had been pressed in all the matches we’ve played so far.. There looks to be a couple of things to be ironed out but I’m sure that will be addressed.

When it was Davis pulling the strings with Arfield it was almost comically easy to beat the press and turn it into an attacking opportunity. With Jack and Kamara it just didn't move as quickly and the passing never seemed to find an angle to free a runner.

Jack and Kamara are good players but Davis and Arfield worked that like 3 card monte for an hour

Back