Kosovo or Gibraltar for Rangers in the Europa League

Fc Prishtina was the team I was hoping to avoid purely based on the travel distance and the conditions of the facilities available over there for both the first team and the fans.

I said on the other thread, I've reserved digs in Pristina for 6 of us for two nights. It's an extremely basic looking apartment but for the price I can't complain, especially with some of the digs I've had to put up with in Russia and Skopje last year :)

I'll wait until at least they play the 1st leg of the prelim round before booking flights, I'd be very surprised if we aren't heading to Kosovo though!
Where did you book mate?

Booked an apartment near to the ground mate, didn't even realise how close it was to the ground until after I booked!

It's called Hana Apartments I think, very basic place to stay but will more than serve it's purpose for the 6 of us.

Another question, sorry!

Is the ground near the airport, city centre?

Booked an apartment near to the ground mate, didn't even realise how close it was to the ground until after I booked!

It's called Hana Apartments I think, very basic place to stay but will more than serve it's purpose for the 6 of us.

I've just booked there too. It's looks very basic indeed but who cares it's only to put your drunken head down.

Would love a we trip to Gibraltar.

But I would imagine the Kosovo side are strong enough favourites.

Anyone know who we can get tomorrow?

Where’s this home leg first coming from?

I specifically requested we were away on Thursday 18th July.

Not sure if been covered but if St Josephs get through it could be an issue

Europa FC - Domestic Cup Winners in Gibraltar - are also scheduled to be home in the 1st leg should they overcome Sant Julià of Andorra in the Preliminary round and as Domestic Cup Winners are ranked higher and given preference

St Josephs play on 2nd July while Europa FC on 4th July in their Preliminary round 2nd leg

So that would probably mean 9th July away leg and 18th leg for home leg

However favourites will be Prishtina to progress to play us

Wizzair flights go to pristina from

Budapest
Basel
Dortmund
Memmegen
Fredrichshafen
Luton

Luton to Pristina is pretty pricey but (for those who can extend the trip a bit) Luton to Skopje return is coming in at £136, out on 9th and back on 13th. That’s not bad for this time of year!

Luton to Pristina is pretty pricey but (for those who can extend the trip a bit) Luton to Skopje return is coming in at £136, out on 9th and back on 13th. That’s not bad for this time of year!
Additional accommodation costs probably neutralise this benefit unless someone wants to treat as a holiday

Additional accommodation costs probably neutralise this benefit unless someone wants to treat as a holiday
True but Pristina accommodation is dirt cheap, especially if sharing. I’m thinking about doing it but there’s not a hell of a lot to do in that place. There’s always the bus to Skopje to take up a day - I’m sure some bears would be delighted to visit the house where Mother Theresa spent her early years!!

I have booked a Pristina apartment that can be cancelled in the next seven days. Hopefully all will be clearer by then. I am a bit wary of booking flights just yet that can't be canceled, but note you can pay a huge mark up on whizz air flights that can be changed.
The bigger risk although unlikely is Pristina being knocked out.
I would much prefer Gib but nothing is easy following the bears abroad due to the complete lack of fan consideration by UEFA.

Someone let me know if this is cutting it too fine... flight leaves Manchester on Thursday 11th into Thessaloniki, arriving at 12.40. Then bus from there to Kosovo. Reckon that would be sound?

Someone let me know if this is cutting it too fine... flight leaves Manchester on Thursday 11th into Thessaloniki, arriving at 12.40. Then bus from there to Kosovo. Reckon that would be sound?

I’d guess that would be too tight considering you’ll have 2 border crossings to go through

Id also make sure you arrive in plenty time. If Spanish expect a load of bears coming over the border theyll take ages for passport checks etc. Their wee way of pissing people off.
The year I lived there that never really happened to pedestrians, they didn't really care who was leaving the country on foot, cars on the other hand they take great pleasure in shutting a lane when they are bored, too to hot/cold/sleepy. Guess the majority of foot traffic are Spanish workers so there is little sense in annoying them.

The year I lived there that never really happened to pedestrians, they didn't really care who was leaving the country on foot, cars on the other hand they take great pleasure in shutting a lane when they are bored, too to hot/cold/sleepy. Guess the majority of foot traffic are Spanish workers so there is little sense in annoying them.
Take your point but if theres a line of bears at the border you can bet that they'll come the (unt. Spanish polis not renowned for their customer services and friendly approach.

Take your point but if theres a line of bears at the border you can bet that they'll come the (unt. Spanish polis not renowned for their customer services and friendly approach.
True but when the Irish were there a few months back they behaved, although openly British bears would no doubt annoy them thinking about it

When's the date of the game likely to be confirmed? Last year was a pain the arse with Macedonia.

I don't think it will be officially confirmed until we know who we are playing as the away leg with St Josphs could be moved if Europa make it through the preliminary round as well.

Back