Kowloonloyal - another Bluenose gone

Bluesuedeshoes

Yesterday morning I lost my dad, Robert Gault. He was a very proud Ranger's man who supported the team throughout the 60's when he lived in East Kilbride, up to the present day, at which point he was living in Fife. I went to my first game with him, a moment he was extremely proud of. My dad was a gentleman and was a firm believer of the traditions that surrounded our great club. He would often tell me stories from the 60's and the games he attended at the old Ibrox, or the times he would jump on the supporters bus and head to some of the away games in England.

Living abroad during the late 70's (Jeddah, Saudi Arabia), 80's (Jeddah and Hong Kong), 90's (Hong Kong and Seoul, South Korea) and early 00's (Hong Kong, Holland, Kazakhstan) meant he could not visit Ibrox as much as he would have wanted, but before the days of the internet, results were heard via the BBC World Service. Later during the Sky era, I would record the games onto VHS and post them over to Hong Kong where the HKRSC would gather to watch them at the Jockey Club - my dad would eventually go on to become the President of the HKRSC. Then came the internet and the introduction of FF, I am pretty sure my dad was one of the early members when FF online was in its infancy - was there a time when there was typed commentary of games (roughly 1997)?

My dad did eventually settle back down in the UK, where he moved to the East Neuk of Fife. He could not get to Ibrox very much, but again he would rely on the FF match thread, with the two of us texting each other back and forth.

I am sure some members will remember my dad's comments, they were always honest and he always gave his tuppence worth when he disagreed. I am sad that he will not be able to see in person Ranger's winning their next league title, but I am sure he will be cheering them on from above. I will miss not being able to chat to him about another game, but I will always look back with fondness on the games we did watch together. I am happy that at Christmas I got my dad an Ibrox brick so he will always have a place at Ibrox, unfortunately I did not have time to take a photo of it for him (he was too ill to travel to Ibrox).

I will sign off the way my father always did.

If you knew my dad and would be interested in attending the funeral, please PM for details.

WATP

Last edited:
I'll raise a glass when we win 55 Fellow Bear. But for now I hope your family and friends get all the strength and support in their loss.

Yesterday morning I lost my dad, he was a very proud Ranger's man who supported the team throughout the 60's to the present day. I went to my first game with him, a moment he was extremely proud of.

Living abroad during the late 70's, 80's, 90's and early 00's meant he could not visit Ibrox as much as he would have wanted, but before the days of the internet, results were heard via the BBC World Service. Later during the Sky era, I would record the games onto VHS and post them over to Hong Kong where the HKRSC would gather to watch. Then came the internet and the introduction of FF, I am pretty sure my dad was one of the early members when FF online was in its infancy - was there a time when there was typed commentary of games (roughly 1997)?

I am sure some members will remember my dad's comments, they were always honest and he always gave his tuppence worth when he disagreed. I am sad that he will not be able to see in person Ranger's winning their next league title, but I am sure he will be cheering them on from above. I will miss not being able to chat to him about another game, but I will always look back with fondness on the games we did watch together. I am happy that at Christmas I got my dad an Ibrox brick so he will always have a place at Ibrox, unfortunately I did not have time to take a photo of it for him (he was too ill to travel to Ibrox).

WATP
Sorry for your loss mate,always sad to hear of another bear passing.
Condolences and thoughts to your family.

So sorry to hear of your loss,my dad will be starting his 80th season going to watch rangers next season and I dread the day that he is no longer able to go. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family

Yesterday morning I lost my dad, he was a very proud Ranger's man who supported the team throughout the 60's to the present day. I went to my first game with him, a moment he was extremely proud of.

Living abroad during the late 70's, 80's, 90's and early 00's meant he could not visit Ibrox as much as he would have wanted, but before the days of the internet, results were heard via the BBC World Service. Later during the Sky era, I would record the games onto VHS and post them over to Hong Kong where the HKRSC would gather to watch. Then came the internet and the introduction of FF, I am pretty sure my dad was one of the early members when FF online was in its infancy - was there a time when there was typed commentary of games (roughly 1997)?

WATP
Sorry for your lost,keep your chin up WATP X

Sorry for your loss.

Sounds like your dad lived a great, well travelled life the whole time feeling the same pull that brings us all on here. Must have felt like Christmas every time one of your videos landed.

Rest in peace Kowloonloyal

WATP
RIP Kowloonloyal.
I know the hardship your dad went through for I too have lived abroad, for almost 50 years.
It wasn't easy keeping up to date, back then.

WATP

Sorry for your loss mate. You have good memories of your Dad to look back on and he'll be watching from above when we win 55.

RIP Kowloonloyal

Back