Kowloonloyal - another Bluenose gone

RIP fellow bear.

If anything has brought home how shit the last 7 year's have been is the amount of fans tbat have passed

I only hope I can celebrate one last title with my dad, And I'm sure when we do win 55 your dad will be celebrating OP.

I was a member of the HKRSC from ‘95 to ‘97 and may have met your dad. Remember well our gatherings at the HK Jockey Club to watch videos of our games - and a great end-of-season boat trip. In any case, sincere condolences to you on your loss.

RIP Kowloonloyal.

My thoughts and condolences are with you all. I always enjoyed reading your dad's posts, and especially remember a thread in the lounge where he was giving someone advice about visiting Japan. From what he wrote it was clear he'd done and seen so much in his life and there was just something about it that stuck with me as being so representative of the wider bears community.

Sorry for your loss.

Yes, years ago we had an IRC Channel where overseas (and UK based) bears would gather. One would get access to the game (usually the UK based bear) via radio or tv and then relay the game via chat.

All the players had nicknames to make it easier and quicker to type commentary. A really good bunch of lads back in the day.

Yesterday morning I lost my dad, he was a very proud Ranger's man who supported the team throughout the 60's to the present day. I went to my first game with him, a moment he was extremely proud of.

Living abroad during the late 70's, 80's, 90's and early 00's meant he could not visit Ibrox as much as he would have wanted, but before the days of the internet, results were heard via the BBC World Service. Later during the Sky era, I would record the games onto VHS and post them over to Hong Kong where the HKRSC would gather to watch. Then came the internet and the introduction of FF, I am pretty sure my dad was one of the early members when FF online was in its infancy - was there a time when there was typed commentary of games (roughly 1997)?

I am sure some members will remember my dad's comments, they were always honest and he always gave his tuppence worth when he disagreed. I am sad that he will not be able to see in person Ranger's winning their next league title, but I am sure he will be cheering them on from above. I will miss not being able to chat to him about another game, but I will always look back with fondness on the games we did watch together. I am happy that at Christmas I got my dad an Ibrox brick so he will always have a place at Ibrox, unfortunately I did not have time to take a photo of it for him (he was too ill to travel to Ibrox).

I will sign off the way my father always did.

WATP
Lovely tribute mate, stay strong.

Thank you everyone for your kind words, they're really appreciated. FF always managed to find a place in our conversations - strange knowing that I'll no longer have phonecalls with him and the chance to ask whether he had been on FF that day. There was always some hot topic we could discuss.

WATP

Yesterday morning I lost my dad, he was a very proud Ranger's man who supported the team throughout the 60's to the present day. I went to my first game with him, a moment he was extremely proud of.

Living abroad during the late 70's, 80's, 90's and early 00's meant he could not visit Ibrox as much as he would have wanted, but before the days of the internet, results were heard via the BBC World Service. Later during the Sky era, I would record the games onto VHS and post them over to Hong Kong where the HKRSC would gather to watch. Then came the internet and the introduction of FF, I am pretty sure my dad was one of the early members when FF online was in its infancy - was there a time when there was typed commentary of games (roughly 1997)?

I am sure some members will remember my dad's comments, they were always honest and he always gave his tuppence worth when he disagreed. I am sad that he will not be able to see in person Ranger's winning their next league title, but I am sure he will be cheering them on from above. I will miss not being able to chat to him about another game, but I will always look back with fondness on the games we did watch together. I am happy that at Christmas I got my dad an Ibrox brick so he will always have a place at Ibrox, unfortunately I did not have time to take a photo of it for him (he was too ill to travel to Ibrox).

WATP

My deepest condolences mate.

I go to every game with my dad and can't begin to imagine what you're going through..

Hopefully through the grief, you will be able to cherish fond memories of your times together.

So sorry for your sad loss.

WATP
I remember seeing the name on here.
RIP to your old boy.

A lot of sad news in here recently.

Although I did not know this gentleman, any man with a love of Rangers and the Rangers traditions is a massive loss when they pass away.

Condolences to his family and friends.

Maybe would have given your da a wee laugh but someone just liked one of my posts called "kowloon72" and I shat myself and had to come on here and double check the username

Sorry again for your loss mate. As always I dont know you but am here for a pm if you need to talk

Back