Kranjcar cant start against the tramps.

I want the team that finished today to start the next 2 games against Thistle, get them upto speed for the scum game.

If it's tight going into the last 20 minutes of the scum game then I'd be looking to introduce Niko. As long as he doesn't play like he did when he came on against Hearts.

As thread title says we cannot afford to start with him against the beasts.Plenty of talent but too slow, to start against them they would run him ragged
I was stunned when I read the starting line up and there he was at left mid.

I remember being at the Piggery when they were winning and they brought Nakamura on to take the sting out of the game, be available for passes and basically keep the ball moving and in their possession.

Niko could do the same, but I agree with the OP, not to start.

He's got 20-25 good minutes in him. The only way I can see him being used is at the end of a tight game to try something. His turn in the box today was class

Should be an impact sub in games we can afford to play a luxury player.

He had some sublime skills today but after 60 mins becomes an empty jersey.

Good player but a pain in the arse in all honesty. Wants far too much time on the ball and slows the game down to much for our style of play.

We'll need to alter out tactics for the scum game though. If we go 4-4-2 they'll run over the top of us.

Niko should be nowhere near the team and neither should Pena,unless he miraculously gets up to speed in the next 2 games.
We can't go into any game,let alone the mhanks game with players who can't run and are immobile.

Agree

I don't think he will start against Thistle next week never mind the Shettlestons. Windass needs to stay fit and play there, Kranjcar is so unfit it's unreal, for all his lovely touches and undoubted ability, I reckon Boyd was fitter than him.

Windass can't be dropped after today. However I hope he doesn't shrink inside himself when we need him to roll his sleeves up

Niko should be nowhere near the team and neither should Pena,unless he miraculously gets up to speed in the next 2 games.
We can't go into any game,let alone the mhanks game with players who can't run and are immobile.
Absolutely correct on both points.

Should be an impact sub in games we can afford to play a luxury player.

He had some sublime skills today but after 60 mins becomes an empty jersey.

He was blowing out his arse after 30 minutes today.

Skilful player and great football brain but a total passenger the majority of the game.

Niko is an impact sub and a good one to have, but he shouldn't be starting, especially not on the left.

Very good player but his best days are behind him now. Him and Miller on the bench. From now on, we need to move on.

Excruciating to watch a once great player toil the way he is. His legs have gone and he shouldn't be in the starting line up.

It's got to be 4-5-1 against them. El Bufalo can actually hold the ball up so it won't always be pinging back. We need to match them in the middle and provide legs on the wings.

Wes.

Tav.
Cardoso.
Alves.
Wallace.

Candeias.
Dorrans.
Rossiter.
Jack.
Windass.

El Bufalo.

I think this is the best line up to face them.

Absolutely no way he should start. He can put a 50yd pass onto a sixpence, but he can't run to save his life. The one thing the mentally challengeds have got is pace and they would sail past him, leaving us exposed. We can afford the luxury of Nico when we have 80% possession and are up the other end of the field, pressing the opposition penalty box. We can not afford the luxury of Nico when we may have to spend periods of the game tracking back against fast-paced counter-attacking.

aww he's a sexy bast4rd but yeah agree, too slow for that, no room for luxury at that one I'm afraid.

I can't see him starting very often going forward, amazing technical ability but he can't even last 60 minutes now.

Windass will hopefully make that place his own then we will strengthen again in January

The man has talent no doubt. But I agree he is more an impact sub rather than on from the start at this stage of his career

Energy pace and aggression needed against them, right through the team. Niko has none of that.

I want the team that finished today to start the next 2 games against Thistle, get them upto speed for the scum game.

If it's tight going into the last 20 minutes of the scum game then I'd be looking to introduce Niko. As long as he doesn't play like he did when he came on against Hearts.

Really agree with this. Hopefully Pedro only started Niko today as he knew the game would be relatively slow paced.
Two more games to get Peña up to speed and hopefully he can show his potential against the filth.
Miller's experience is best used sparingly as a substitute - we need Windlass's energy from the start.

He really shouldn't be starting against anybody , the best he could give us is a 15 minute burst when players are tiring

It's got to be 4-5-1 against them. El Bufalo can actually hold the ball up so it won't always be pinging back. We need to match them in the middle and provide legs on the wings.

Wes.

Tav.
Cardoso.
Alves.
Wallace.

Candeias.
Dorrans.
Rossiter.
Jack.
Windass.

El Bufalo.
The thing is we have never tried this team and would be experimenting at the wrong time.

Im of the opinion that he should only be used against the lesser teams to keep the squad fresh. Same with Miller

Back