Kranjcar cant start against the tramps.

Team on Friday should be Pena and Windass in for Miller and Kranjcar and if all goes well, same against Celtic

I don't even think he's that intelligent a player. He's so annoying to watch

He does one amazing thing then the adulation goes to his head, and he subsequently keeps trying to do it every time, rather than keeping it simple. He has his uses for bottom six teams at home, but an Old Firm game? Christ alive. He'd be hooked again after the half hour mark

We should use the next two games to give Pena more time on the pitch, he's improving all the time what I like about him is how often he gets in the box, it's been a long time since we've had a midfielder like that.

Windass was excellent when he came on and will start on Friday.

I'd try and pay off Niko as a previous poster said.

Agreed. Luxury player.

He's been shoe horned into the left side a little bit but we can't afford to carry him. Needs to be an energetic side.

We need strength and legs for this game, windass should start, and rossiter to come in pushing dorrans forward.

Kranjcar looks finished for me his legs have clearly gone the best we can get out of him is an impact role off the bench with him going into a number 10 role to unlock a defence if needed.

Couple of great moments yesterday in the first half. His “shot” in the second half lacked any effort. Bit too slow.

I would dig out a place for Rossiter against them as well. Neither Miller nor Krancjar should start that game.

As thread title says we cannot afford to start with him against the beasts.Plenty of talent but too slow, to start against them they would run him ragged
Shouldn't be starting in any league match to be honest. Only once opposition defences have tired. Legs done sadly.

I said it before, he should be playing Masters football because he can't make any significant contribution to a professional club at this level.

He is slightly embarrassing to watch at times with his first touch, dribbling and the fact he balloons nearly every shot or cross. He also tends to want to showboat when there is absolutely no need for it which is very irritating indeed. This was especially the case when we were chasing a goal against Hearts.

Nice guy who can look back at the peak of his career and be proud of what he achieved.

I don't even think he's that intelligent a player. He's so annoying to watch
I honestly think it's a bit of a myth that he is this technical proficient artist of a player.

He runs into so much traffic and his decision making is truly bizarre at times.

If you have excellent technique, you don't bumble over the ball when you dribble or balloon nearly every shot or cross you take.

He was a good wide midfield player in his pomp. He was never ever a No.10 Riquelme type which he seems to have tried to masquerade as. Something he ha probably done as a result of his physical abilities diminishing.

It's got to be 4-5-1 against them. El Bufalo can actually hold the ball up so it won't always be pinging back. We need to match them in the middle and provide legs on the wings.

Wes.

Tav.
Cardoso.
Alves.
Wallace.

Candeias.
Dorrans.
Rossiter.
Jack.
Windass.

El Bufalo.

Great shout - that is the team I would go with

Maybe need to give Rossiter a run over the next couple of games

Hopefully Harry Redknapp takes him off our hands in January. Slows everything down too much, and doesn't track back enough either.

Much, much better after he went off yesterday.

Back