Kranjcar cant start against the tramps.

He has to be on the bench at kick off every game this season unless we are hit by injuries. Same as Miller. They're both done and should be nothing more than back up.

im obviously well in the minority here but I would start Miller against Celtic

he is a big game player who knows and has what it takes to unlock them, he more often
than not scores against Celtic

listen me and my brother in law were roasting him today, every pass was misplaced and every chance was overcooked, his backpass to Bain in the Dundee goal was unforgivable and his form of late has been erratic

but he knows the derbys inside out, he WILL score

Bags of talent but he wants time on the ball that you dont get in kick & rush game in Scottish Football.

Like Miller he should be an impact player not a starter.

He shouldn't be starting any game, never mind vs the poets. Legs well and truly gone, wants too much time on the ball

Would like to see Niko moved on in January.

Free up big wages.

Superb talent, sees the killer passes, executes them, takes free kicks, but he's just too slow for the Scottish game which is all about energy and pace and physicality.

If teams would sit off and let a Niko type dictate the play then he would be useful however we all know in Scotland and especially at Rangers we are hurried and harried and bathed and fouled all over the shop.

I would like to think the game can't go wide as Pedro must know the wide area's on the way back is honking. Might double up but then there's nothing going forward

On slightly different note does anyone think Niko can/should get better fitness levels... Why is such a talented player not as fit as I believe he should be at his age.

I'd actually disagree.

Taking away the 1-5 drubbing at the end of last season, a feature of Old Firm Games at Ibrox is Rangers often start at 100 miles an hour. Think back to the Hogmany game last year. Even games under McLeish when O'Neill was beating us every time. The first 10-15 minutes its Rangers who come out and dictate play. I think Krancjar would be ideal for unlocking their defence early doors. Then sub him at half time.

Time is unfortunately catching Nico and Kenny. Impact subs from here on in. Start against the jags as we finished today and take it to the bheasts.

Hes done as a starter imo hope Pedro agrees and benches him... play Windass or Nename there possibly

The game against the Tims will be 100 miles an hour. Niko can't start and as handsome as he is PC mustn't allow it.

im obviously well in the minority here but I would start Miller against Celtic

he is a big game player who knows and has what it takes to unlock them, he more often
than not scores against Celtic

listen me and my brother in law were roasting him today, every pass was misplaced and every chance was overcooked, his backpass to Bain in the Dundee goal was unforgivable and his form of late has been erratic

but he knows the derbys inside out, he WILL score

He scored against them in both home games and we lost both times . We need to look bigger picture.

He scored against them in both home games and we lost both times . We need to look bigger picture.

im pretty sure we didn't lose the semi final at hampden!

anyway, im not just talking about last season, I am looking at the bigger picture! Miller has scored numerous goals against them at Ibrox AND parkhead, he knows the fixture inside out

Based on recent performances he shouldn't feature as a starter at all. So unfit and his legs are gone. Along with Miller he should no longer be anything other than a sub.

He shouldn't be starting next week never mind against the filth.

Windass has played his way back into the side thank god.

We can't keep carrying Miller and Niko

Love watching Niko. Spin today was sublime. But the game up here is too fast & furious for him. Which is sad & our loss.

If either of them start on Friday there is something very wrong. Kranjcar has missed out on games but Miller just seems to be guaranteed a start. He hasn't even remotely been good enough and needs dropped - if he starts then we have a problem.

im pretty sure we didn't lose the semi final at hampden!

anyway, im not just talking about last season, I am looking at the bigger picture! Miller has scored numerous goals against them at Ibrox AND parkhead, he knows the fixture inside out

The bigger picture is whether Miller's presence affects the overall balance of the team - and if so, does his potential scoring negate that.

It's a big decision for Pedro.

Such a talented, naturally gifted player, and where his legs are failing his brain is super quick, but we need more against the filth. We need an engine, we need dynamism, we need physicality, we need team players and we need them for the full 90 mins. Niko, as much as we all love him, simply cannot give us any of that. At the end of the season his contract will be up and he will leave with our appreciation, but in time I suspect history won't look too kindly on his time here.

The 4-5-1 posted above, with Rossiter making the extra man in the middle at the expense of Miller, on the face of it looks a decent shout. There's a delicate balance here that Caixinha has to find. Candeias and Windass have to be prepared to make some technical and creative sacrifices in order to be able to double up with the full backs when not in possession whilst ensuring Morelos up front isn't isolated when on the offensive. Dorrans and Rossiter need to be constantly available to the sitting Ryan Jack when he's breaking up attacks, bullying their midfield when not in possession and creating chances for El Buffalo. Morelos is only 21 and can't be expected to take on a back 4 all by himself. Speaking of Morelos, he has to run, harrie, bully and terrorise like he has never done to a defensive line in his life, while at the same time recognising chances will probably be at a premium so when they present themselves he must have the composure, presence of mind and sheer ruthlessness to take those chances.

It's a tough, tough ask, but the first step toward achieving your aims is fully recognising the challenges ahead of you. I hope PC and the players are smart enough and want it enough to take it, because I believe they can.

It's like playing with a man down when he starts. Impact sub only please Pedro.

Him and Miller in the first half where like playing with Nine men. Its not Nikos fault though why the Manager picked him on the left with todays options was mental.

He is/was a class act.

But this team need pace to function to its full capacity, and Nico slows us down a lot. Can't doubt his effort, but his body is clearly holding him back.

It's got to be 4-5-1 against them. El Bufalo can actually hold the ball up so it won't always be pinging back. We need to match them in the middle and provide legs on the wings.

Wes.

Tav.
Cardoso.
Alves.
Wallace.

Candeias.
Dorrans.
Rossiter.
Jack.
Windass.

El Bufalo.

This this this this this. ^^^^^^

I think with Pedro taking him off in the 54th minute he might of got the message. He probably didn't want to embarrass him by taking him off at half time when we were winning.

If Pedro gets his tactics wrong against the Tims (again), then it's full proof that he's not got it.

From yesterday's team:
Niko out - Windass in.
Miller out - Rossiter in.

Dorrans in a more advanced midfield role.

Kranjcar' s core fitness is lost and he will never get it back, he's doing a couple of extra hours a day with a PT and still very unfit .

He should be getting 15-20 at the most certainly not starting games .

Don't think he will

looks like Pedro was using him while Windass was out , now that he's back Niko will be benched

Think Windass is nailing down a starting place, highly doubt Niko will start next game never mind against the dhims.

Bigger question is whether or not Miller will start against Thistle

It's not just against them, Niko is done at this level and shouldn't be playing for us. He is painfully slow, chasing shadows, making clumsy, late tackles. It's actually unfair to leave him out there to embarrass himself.

As for Miller, he undoubtedly has a role in the squad but I don't think it's from the start either.

Niko's a passenger and at the moment we're not a good enough team to carry him.

He looked done well before half time yesterday. If he plays at all then needs to be as a late sub

He's not too slow for Scottish football, he's simply too slow for professional football in general.

I'm with Stuh, I was talking to my brother just after h/t yesterday and questioning why a 32 year old cannot get himself fit enough for 90 mins. I acknowledge he's never had pace, but his overall fitness levels are a disgrace.

Latest posts

Back