Kris Boyd’s new found media role

If brains were dynamite he wouldn't be able to blow his nose apparently. He's a constant snot bubble in the media for all rangers fans to see...

Just a tad off topic, wtf is Michael Stewart all about too?

Shite as a player but comments on what should and shouldn't happen on the pitch.

Another no mark wannabee ginger prick.
Took the huff cos Ally ignored his come and me get plea.He,s a ginger yesser,Rangers hating c unt.

With regards to his Scotland comments during the week, I wonder what he would have said if the Killie lad Greg Taylor had been called up in the event of Tierney, Robertson, Mulgrew and Shinnie pulling out injured.

I clapped his name (and Broadfoot’s) at the start of the Killie game for the service they gave us, but found the standing ovation when Boyd went off a bit nauseous.

Felt our defence missed an opportunity to clatter him that night, and would expect his next game against Aberdeen he’ll be a target for a few late tackles.

Glad our support are starting to wake up to this prick. The standing ovation he normally gets at Ibrox when he's back with Killie regularly pisses me off and hopefully now will become a thing of the past.

I see he done a sit down interview with Spiers that says it all.

So did Walter Smith earlier this year.

However, according to some, if you criticise former 'legends' for letting the club down you're the one who has the problem!

Walter Smith doesn't get it?!

Unbelievable some of the stuff I read on here.

He most likely does get it more than most.

Why the %^*& would he think it acceptable to share time with that bastard queersie and even more questionable would be any bear who would think it acceptable.

Walter is a legend but at times he leaves people thinking what the phuck.

Certain hacks are totally toxic. No excuses

How many of these guys have uttered a word of criticism against David Murray?

How many (John Brown excepted) stood up to be counted when it came to the spivs?

The real Rangers legends pre-date the Murray era.

Walter Smith doesn't get it?!

Unbelievable some of the stuff I read on here.

Just to clarify, Spiers stated that we cheated our way to #54, Walter took the club to #54.

If Walter gave Spiers column inches, I think that he was wrong to do so in that respect I'm if the view that they do t get the way that a significant element of Rangers feel about our detractors.

How many of these guys have uttered a word of criticism against David Murray?

How many (John Brown excepted) stood up to be counted when it came to the spivs?

The real Rangers legends pre-date the Murray era.
Tend to agree though I did hear Hateley slate him when pushed at a function. That may surprise many!

He most likely does get it more than most.

Why the %^*& would he think it acceptable to share time with that bastard queersie and even more questionable would be any bear who would think it acceptable.

Walter is a legend but at times he leaves people thinking what the phuck.

Certain hacks are totally toxic. No excuses

I wish I was such a paragon of Bearness that I could be in a position to question Walter's motivations and judge his behaviour unacceptable.

It speaks to the lack of perspective a message board can encourage in its contributors I mentioned earlier, Walter has done more for Rangers than you and I ever could. No amount of interviews could ever change that. Plus, be honest, if you didn't post on here would you even be aware of the vast majority of what Speirs says? In fact, would you even be aware or care that Walter granted him an interview?

I remember his debut. Number 15, I was, unusually in the club deck.

I remember his goals.

I remember his work ethic.

I remember his atrocious effort at a second spell.

I remember people talking of a staunch Ayrshire Boy.

Then I hear what he actually says.

I wish I was such a paragon of Bearness that I could be in a position to question Walter's motivations and judge his behaviour unacceptable.

It speaks to the lack of perspective a message board can encourage in its contributors I mentioned earlier, Walter has done more for Rangers than you and I ever could. No amount of interviews could ever change that. Plus, be honest, if you didn't post on here would you even be aware of the vast majority of what Speirs says? In fact, would you even be aware or care that Walter granted him an interview?
Would you do an interview with the very person who publically stated we cheated our way to 54?Walter should have told the f ucking corduroy c unt face bastard to f uck off.

Just to clarify, Spiers stated that we cheated our way to #54, Walter took the club to #54.

If Walter gave Spiers column inches, I think that he was wrong to do so in that respect I'm if the view that they do t get the way that a significant element of Rangers feel about our detractors.

I'll bet anything you like that the gay blade didnae say that to Walter personally.

He I still prefer men lash out with a right hook at that perv, he'd just gie him the proper Walter tongue lashin.

I'll bet anything you like that the gay blade didnae say that to Walter personally.

He I still prefer men lash out with a right hook at that perv, he'd just gie him the proper Walter tongue lashin.

I never said that he did.

He said it on Sportsound.

You think he's acceptable.

That's news to me but thanks for telling me what I think. I think he's a disgrace as a journalist and goes out of his way to demonise the Rangers support. I can accept that Walter has a completely different view, he has spent a lifetime in professional football circles so it's little wonder.

I guess that makes me a handwringing balloon though. :(

Too many people on here class you as a heretic if you have the temerity to voice concerns over something that a Rangers legend has done / said.

It's pathetic.
By the way it wasn't you I had a pop at. And you're right.

But there are some that are dinosaurs and worship any chancer ever to have worn a Rangers blazer or tie!

The thing is he is invariably right in what he is saying.

Jack isn't good enough for Scotland
Cathro was a clown
Dundee United needed a strong Rangers.

All 100% correct.

The way he goes about it isn't exactly great but his points stand up.

Jack is good enough hence the call up! Also KB is rarely correct - he’s a moron

Always thought he was a bit of an arrogant clown which was confirmed when he asked to come off in a cup final because it was too hot! It’s f#cking Scotland not the Nevada desert you fat pr1ck

I’m not against any currently playing player being in any media role.

However, there must be a rule set that they can offer opinion on the game etc. without prejudice and without direct criticism of any other player.

Personal attacks surely bring the game into disrepute.

The goalscoring stats don't lie but I could just never warm to Boyd. A total enigma.

If he didn't score in game he was worse than a man down.

He seems to be trying to take a leaf out of Sutton's book, i.e. saying something outspoken to get attention.
With friends like these who needs enemies.

He seems to be trying to take a leaf out of Sutton's book, i.e. saying something outspoken to get attention.
With friends like these who needs enemies.

Difference being that Sutton isn't continuously having digs at any of the clubs that paid him handsomely.

I’m not against any currently playing player being in any media role.

However, there must be a rule set that they can offer opinion on the game etc. without prejudice and without direct criticism of any other player.

Personal attacks surely bring the game into disrepute.

This constantly baffles me. Players or managers actively employed by clubs the same league should simply not be able to come up with half the pish Boyd comes out with, without facing a disrepute charge. I'm not sure how or why this is never enforced.

Would be interest to see this if it was if an ex Tim slagged off the poops, but the difference in this area says it all - their players would never slag off the club, whereas for our ex players, it's the only way to carve a career out.

Someone I know has had business dealings with Boyd and says he is sharp as a tack and very good with numbers and getting a good deal for himself. Said he comes across a bit of a numpty bit is actually very switched on. Has quite a few investments in the wind power industry.

He's trying to do a Big Wanker Sutton and make a name for himself.

Tired of hearing him talk trying to put world to rights…

Got the ‘Cathro’ thing right… and since then he thinks his opinion on everything is the only one that matters!

Most of what he says doesnt even make freakin sense!

Just trying to be sensational provactive and antagonistic to get attention…

Mind you they are all like that now.All trying to out do each other.

The one that shouts the longest and the loudest is the winner!

Seriously pathetic for me!

Well if they are all such experts why are they not managing or coaching at the top level?

Because in most respects Stewart …Thompson …Boyd …McManus …Ferguson D … and Dumb & Dumber ( Wilson and Dalziel) etc…they have all failed at the highest level… where it matters most!

So it’s easy… just become a critic and talk crap for a living!

The days of ‘punditry’ is heading for a major down fall… and for me … it can’t come soon enough!

What is it with a lot of our Scottish ex-players . Never mind a chip on the shoulder , a bag of spuds more like . Hope Boyd enjoys his twilight years at the ex-Rangers retirement home at Rugby Park . And to his eventual career in the high-brow Scottish Mhedia . :eek:

Blair's looking for a pint in Novo new pub eh.

Those years were quality on here.
Wee groups bitching as we won every week.

What chance have we got when our own ex players love sticking the boot into us more than the poets do! Boyd being up there with the worse offenders

He is laying the foundations for a media career by brown nosing the tim mhedia and saying whatever he thinks will endear himself to them. I can't stand that kind of creep. I just can't get my head around the fact that he can turn his back on his own legendary status with Rangers to prostitute his services to the mhedia and saying things that he thinks will go down well with them!

W.A.T.P.

What on earth are you babbling on about? Are you not allowed to say WS was wrong for doing an interview with a "journalist" that has went out of his way to attack our club and fans? His behaviour on this matter was totally wrong and totally unacceptable.

Someone I know has had business dealings with Boyd and says he is sharp as a tack and very good with numbers and getting a good deal for himself. Said he comes across a bit of a numpty bit is actually very switched on. Has quite a few investments in the wind power industry.

He's trying to do a Big Wanker Sutton and make a name for himself.
Pity he wasn’t as good with the calorie numbers during his second spell

Like many others that have played for us over recent years. Happy to be a badge thumper when we were lining his pockets.

He's that much of a "fan" he feels the need to take a pop shots at us any chance he gets.

Best case scenario he does it to appear impartial but we have enough people kicking us when we are down without the needs for former players acting like c*nts to appease their thaigy media chums.

I've said it before on here but if you are looking in Kris, hang your head in shame. Happy to sell your soul to chase the money.

Back