Kris Boyd 100% correct - He has just said Katic performance was the worst he has ever seen from a Rangers centre back.

He has just said Katic performance was the worst he has ever seen from a Rangers centre back.

I have already said this in a deleted and match thread.

This boy needs a long spell on the bench. That was simply a diabolical showing by the boy.
How can he go from looking so good 2019 to looking like a total dud in 2020.?
For me Goldson was just as culpable,he should just clear his lines and get us up the park. Our defending has been woeful generally and as everyone will know,it isn't just today it's been happening for weeks. I can't believe we're so ametuerish at times,especially when we were so right before the break.

Katic was awful today but all our centre backs have had games like that this season including Helander

Katic is a project player, he is bound to make mistakes.

That is where we are , we can only hope to learn from them & get better because of them .

We shouldn’t panic , it’s looking like close but no cigar this season again hopefully a couple of tweaks will get to the next level . Next 2 games are massive.

Worst ever centre half ? I’ll raise you all , Craig Paterson
Senderos, Cribari make Craig Paterson look like Maldini

Kris Boyd along with a large swathe of our support are (unfortunately) absolute helmets that crave for a fall guy. This week it’s Katic.
He’s been very poor for weeks hence he was dropped Big George did okay then had a disaster so Katic came back. As another poster put it we thought we had 4 decent CB’s we have less than 1 Goldson has been erratic especially since the break.

I’m never comfortable with this rangers side. Always get the feeling daft mistake is on the way. And it usually is and results in a goal against.

it was like watching an amateur, every thing he could have done wrong he seemed to do it. A shambles , the big mans nowhere near as good as people have claimed. And although he did make a mistake for their second today, Steven Davis lost possession after we had cleared the initial danger.

He was fucking awful.

However I have seen Walter and Dick take players off early due to awful performances.
SG kept him on the full 90.

So he is the main one to blame for that result. Davis should never have came on and Katic should have been off.
Instead of trying to win the game we resorted to a formation that wasn’t working once again and we couldn’t hold a lead once again.
Even getting back in front we were never keeping it with the 2 nervous wrecks at centre half. Pump a ball up in the air near then and they are all over the shop.

The build up to St Johnstones 2nd today was as bad as I have ever seen from any centre back pairing for us in over 30 years and I include the fucking donkeys of the last 8 years in that.

The manager is now going to have to be ruthless to save his own job let alone the careers of some of these total jokers.

At the start of the season I thought we had four very good centre halves. Truth be told, not one of them is as good as I thought he was.
Just about everybody made.comment about how good it was to have 4 good cb's. It wasnt just you.
In my opinion and I've banged on about this for donkeys, we give the ball back to the defence way touch. It breeds a nervousness in the back line.
If we play the game up the other end, we should be fine. But we don't. We use the defence far to often as a safe pass and end up with a team stretched the full length of the park.

He has clearly forgotten Rob Kiernan, Russell Martin and Phillippe Senderos.

Katic was awful - it happens.

He isn't the only one who isn't playing well at the moment.

Must be difficult for a young lad to go out knowing that if he makes a mistake - he is dropped.........

Goldson has cost us more points than katic fact.

I thought the way these guys turned a blind eye to Goldson’s poor form last year was as ‘pathetic’ as anything to be honest. Some even had the gal to try and blame Katic for Goldson’s howler that sold us up the river in the first OF of the season. I’m sure his Pittodrie horror show and that tragic attempt at a tackle in Rotterdam were blamed on someone else too.

We also had one poster blame Goldson’s gaff at the Kilmarnock winner on Katic for not winning the initial header, curiously enough that same poster didn’t seem to think Goldson was at fault for the first goal yesterday when he got caught and lost that header. That’s because people have chosen sides and are sticking to them in the most childish manner imaginable. Katic was downright abysmal today and he looked ropey in 3 or 4 of the games that preceded it; he clearly has his weaknesses. But the Goldson acolytes have very selective vision and memories when it comes to their more experienced and absolutely bullet proof preference. Anyway as I said in another thread, biggest culprit today is the gaffer for leaving him on when he clearly struggling horribly.

I thought the way these guys turned a blind eye to Goldson’s poor form last year was as ‘pathetic’ as anything to be honest. Some even had the gal to try and blame Katic for Goldson’s howler that sold us up the river in the first OF of the season. I’m sure his Pittodrie horror show and that tragic attempt at a tackle in Rotterdam were blamed on someone else too.

We also had one poster blame Goldson’s gaff at the Kilmarnock winner on Katic for not winning the initial header, curiously enough that same poster didn’t seem to think Goldson was at fault for the first goal yesterday when he got caught and lost that header. That’s because people have chosen sides and are sticking to them in the most childish manner imaginable. Katic was downright abysmal today and he looked ropey in 3 or 4 of the games that preceded it; he clearly has his weaknesses. But the Goldson acolytes have very selective vision and memories when it comes to their more experienced and absolutely bullet proof preference. Anyway as I said in another thread, biggest culprit today is the gaffer for leaving him on when he clearly struggling horribly.
I’ve said before both are very average defenders who should be dropped, unfortunately the two replacements are no better.

On his day Katic is a formidable 6'4" CB who can also strike from distance and bullet headers into the back of the net. His form has dropped considerably (shit happens) but unfortunately there seems to be an epidemic of form dropping at the club.

I’ve said before both are very average defenders who should be dropped, unfortunately the two replacements are no better.

I think they’re both good defenders prone to poor patches of form and unfortunately prone to the odd individual error. I also think they could be managed better, Katic should have been off at half time and Goldson needed a spell on the bench prior to Christmas.

I'll raise you a Senderos
You win mate hands down Katic had a mare no doubts about it, but at least he's not a big shitebag, Senderos was the worst I can ever remember and I've been watching the Gers for just over 60 years, no excuse for him.

He was booting the ball 30 yards in the air and chasing it like a kid. It was mad. The full performance from him was so crazy. He was so good on Thursday as well but that yesterday was just bonkers.

Katic has a terrible game, inexcusable really considering his talent. I have been one of his defenders on here but that was horrific.

I assume for the Braga game it will be CG and Katic again though. I wouldn’t throw Edmunson in there and Helender is nowhere to be seen.

Goldson has cost us more points than katic fact.

That may well be true. He has played more games after all. I doubt you're compiling the statistics though.

Look, Katic is probably 4th in the pecking order now. Which is where he shold be on ability.

Why are people so desperate to pass blame from Katic or deflect on to other players? Goldson, McGregor and Tav all getting mentions.

The truth is that Katic had an absolute horror show. That is what Boyd is saying as far as I can make out. He's not saying he's the worst CB ever to play for us, merely that it was a really bad day for Katic.

When you can't even boot the ball out the park (on two occasions) then it's just not your day.

Big katic,had a nightmare yesterday, don't think he needed his face rubbing into it.
after the game, straight onto the team bus, face like fizz,no autographs getting signed!, whereas most of the team took the time out!
big man knows alright.!
it's now doing something about it.

Martin, KierNan, Senderos, all better than Katic yesterday? I don’t think so Kris, he was the worst of a very bad team yesterday, but better than those three clowns.

He has just said Katic performance was the worst he has ever seen from a Rangers centre back.

I have already said this in a deleted and match thread.

This boy needs a long spell on the bench. That was simply a diabolical showing by the boy.
How can he go from looking so good 2019 to looking like a total dud in 2020.?

Shockingly bad and due a long spell on the bench yes but are people just airbrushing the banter years from history? Even Russel Martin as recently as 2/3 seasons ago?

Fair enough he had a terrible game but I would rather have Katic than Senderos or Martin.

Worst centre back display by a Rangers player

Obviously never saw, or forgot, Kyrgiakos, Cribari, Perry, Konterman, Senderos, Malcolm, Kiernan etc.

They know how to play us, gaffer doesnt know how to play them.
Exactly my thoughts. When you play teams 4 times a year and, possibly, 6 of those teams (maybe even more) adopt the exact same 10 men behind the ball tactics (with differing degrees of success) it doesn't take an Einstein to study these matches and work out exactly how to play against Rangers. The problem is not helped by the fact that we can be to one-dimensional at times.

Worst he has ever seen? He was utterly awful, no doubt about it. But hyperbolic nonsense. Russell Martin and Rob Kiernan consistently put in performances just as bad or worse. And that's only within the last 4 or 5 years!

Aw f*ck, you've just reminded me Rob Keiran was a thing

Every player has days where nothing they do comes off and the harder they try the worse they get. If you are a defender or goalkeeper then ultimately a mistake can cost a goal and the critics have a field day. Granted the big man had a very poor game yesterday but others in the team had poor games, Alfie being one. Imo the Gaffer had a poor game also for various reasons. It’s not the time to hang the big man out to dry or anyone else for that matter. He’s proved in the past he has the makings of a very good centre half. Getting behind him now will hopefully see us reap the benefits in time.

All the players had a bad day apart from Kamberi. Can understand one player having a bad game now and then, but this team are a shambles in the league games just now.
Wish I knew how to fix it. Don't know what Gerrard can do to improve things?

Granted Katic was abysmal on Sunday but Goldson is beyond criticism he gets off too lightly from our support, he also has been pish since Killie game

Back