"Kris Boyd abuse was not sectarian"

That is honestly what a Celtic supporting friend of a friend said to me earlier today.

This is what we are up against and I for one was not letting that slide.

I challenged him to justify why it wasn't sectarian and as to why he thinks it's acceptable to abuse Boyd for his religion and to assume that he is involved with the orange order, and his response was, and I quote "he is a Rangers fan, chances are he is...if he's happy to support a club who didn't sign Catholics for over a hundred years then he obviously feels the same way".

I put it to him that that was utter nonsense about us not signing RCs and that he was a hypocrite and a bigot, to which he told me to watch what I was saying and that he "wouldn't be taking any lectures off a supporter of Scotland's shame".

I asked him again, how could he justify anti Protestant abuse of Kris Boyd? He answered it's not anti Protestant abuse, it's anti OO abuse and that is merited.

I was getting more and more angry by now so I put one last question to him. "Okay, so why was the same chant directed at Steven Gerrard? Do you seriously suggest that he was involved with the Orange Order"?

His response? F*ck off, I don't need to.explain myself to you lot".

So there you have it. They simply cannot handle it when someone presses them on their hypocrisy, double standards and bigotry and all Bears should never let them away with it.
Your first mistake was having a discussion with him , your second was not flooring him

That is unbelievable isn't it? The only time I watch them is when they're playing us (or maybe one of their now frequent European humpings :D), and certainly I would NEVER watch something to do with them if Rangers were playing on the same night, no matter what it was about.

We have really got so much under their skin since they were born that we consume almost their every waking moment. It bites into them that we are a more successful club with a bigger support. So much so that they think more of us than they do of their own club as you say. Before I came down to England I had neighbours and workmates who supported them and we could give each other a slagging if one or other side was beaten, but we knew the next time it could just as easily be the other way. Now I just don't want to give any of them the time of day, to the point that I avoid them completely if I can. I used to know some of them I would have classed as mates when I was growing up but now I don't want anything to do with them. It's sad really but they have totally poisoned the rivalry and taken it to new depths as far as I'm concerned.

I understand & relate to what you say mate. I ne no close friends who are tims. Not one. I’m a little direct so it probably suits nowadays.
And I don’t regret it. THEY ARE DIFFERENT FROM ME. Even in work, guys I know that are tims I just pass simple nods with. On the odd occasion it gets further I will never back down to them, even if I need to use the paedo line, but I’d just rather speak to and share my life With my own.

Reactions: ao2
Reading the OP I can only thank f@#k that I have no acquaintances whatsoever with those of a rhabid persuasion for many a year now.

Do yourself a favour OP and stick only to your own kind because they are nothing but brainwashed deranged lunatics,full of hatred towards those not of their cult meaning they cannot be reasoned with in the slightest.

It'll be the greatest thing you'll ever do for your sanity and quality of life.

Try this. I’ve used it a couple of times with them and it is effective.
Tell them to get their phone out, go to their web browser, select Google then type ‘19th Century Terrorist meaning’ into the search field and hit return. The result is the correct meaning and since Google can’t be changed, like say Wikipedia can, it leaves them nowhere to go, and very unhappy, which is wonderful.

Catholics are stubborn bastar*s , they were too stubborn to choose the correct turn at the reformation and now too stubborn too admit they all live their life's just like protestants. We can talk all day about eradicating sectarianism but it'll be here as long as we have faith schools which imo is child abuse. We can't continue telling five year olds they now have to go to a different school from their best nursery pal.

I understand & relate to what you say mate. I ne no close friends who are tims. Not one. I’m a little direct so it probably suits nowadays.
And I don’t regret it. THEY ARE DIFFERENT FROM ME. Even in work, guys I know that are tims I just pass simple nods with. On the odd occasion it gets further I will never back down to them, even if I need to use the paedo line, but I’d just rather speak to and share my life With my own.

Same here mate. They are not normal people and best avoided.

Back