"Kris Boyd abuse was not sectarian"

It doesn't take long for them to show their true colours

The number of time I would be called a bigoted orange bastard (by university graduates) after a few beers. They genuinely can't see the problem

I sympathise here.
My brother-in-law’s brother-in-law is a total qunt of a man.
He comes along to family events and always tries the wind ups.
Type of tramp you'd walk by if he was in trouble.

I've given up on some relatives who have went over to the dark side. One in-law's father was in the Orange Order until his death a few years ago and the said in-law still hasn't erected a headstone for his father!:mad:

W.A.T.P.

This is why more Bears need to speak up and take them to task. They currently control the entire narrative and get to decide just what bigotry is and what is offensive. Everything is weighted heavily in their favour.

That is honestly what a Celtic supporting friend of a friend said to me earlier today.

This is what we are up against and I for one was not letting that slide.

I challenged him to justify why it wasn't sectarian and as to why he thinks it's acceptable to abuse Boyd for his religion and to assume that he is involved with the orange order, and his response was, and I quote "he is a Rangers fan, chances are he is...if he's happy to support a club who didn't sign Catholics for over a hundred years then he obviously feels the same way".

I put it to him that that was utter nonsense about us not signing RCs and that he was a hypocrite and a bigot, to which he told me to watch what I was saying and that he "wouldn't be taking any lectures off a supporter of Scotland's shame".

I asked him again, how could he justify anti Protestant abuse of Kris Boyd? He answered it's not anti Protestant abuse, it's anti OO abuse and that is merited.

I was getting more and more angry by now so I put one last question to him. "Okay, so why was the same chant directed at Steven Gerrard? Do you seriously suggest that he was involved with the Orange Order"?

His response? F*ck off, I don't need to.explain myself to you lot".

So there you have it. They simply cannot handle it when someone presses them on their hypocrisy, double standards and bigotry and all Bears should never let them away with it.

Using his logic we didnt abuse Clarke for being a Catholic. We abused him of being a 19th Century Terrorist, which is deserved.

This is why more Bears need to speak up and take them to task. They currently control the entire narrative and get to decide just what bigotry is and what is offensive. Everything is weighted heavily in their favour.

Their Achilles' heel is sectarian schools. They refuse to send their kids to school with Protestants but claim discrimination when Rangers didnt sign kids from RC only schools.

I never enter debates with people who refuse to send their kids to schools that dont discriminate. You dont need to debate with them. They have no credibility or integrity.

Do you think you could have taken him in a square go?
Either way, you should have grabbed the nearest available weapon, bottle, glass, chair or whatever & caved his head in. You'd have been doing us all a favor.

That is honestly what a Celtic supporting friend of a friend said to me earlier today.

I challenged him to justify why it wasn't sectarian and as to why he thinks it's acceptable to abuse Boyd for his religion and to assume that he is involved with the orange order, and his response was, and I quote "he is a Rangers fan, chances are he is...if he's happy to support a club who didn't sign Catholics for over a hundred years then he obviously feels the same way".

I put it to him that that was utter nonsense about us not signing RCs and that he was a hypocrite and a bigot, to which he told me to watch what I was saying and that he "wouldn't be taking any lectures off a supporter of Scotland's shame".

I asked him again, how could he justify anti Protestant abuse of Kris Boyd? He answered it's not anti Protestant abuse, it's anti OO abuse and that is merited.

I was getting more and more angry by now so I put one last question to him. "Okay, so why was the same chant directed at Steven Gerrard? Do you seriously suggest that he was involved with the Orange Order"?

So there you have it. They simply cannot handle it when someone presses them on their hypocrisy, double standards and bigotry and all Bears should never let them away with it.

Applying his own logic then he is a paedophile.

Your friend is deranged and unhinged.

Also a bigot.

I'd suggest cutting ties with the twat
He's not a friend, he's just a guy who I know through someone who is and unfortunately our paths cross on occasion.

He's a deranged, dangerous individual who seems to revel in lying and obsessing about us. He's also very politically active and a big SNP supporter who likes to shove his views in everyone's faces yet gets very defensive and confrontational when challenged. Edit to add: he also is on good terms with none other than Mad Joe, their spokesperson!

But I will not back down to him and he hates that fact.

Last edited:
He's not a friend, he's just a guy who I know through someone who is and unfortunately our paths cross on occasion.

He's a deranged, dangerous individual who seems to revel in lying and obsessing about us. He's also very politically active and a big SNP supporter who likes to shove his views in everyone's faces yet gets very defensive and confrontational when challenged.

But I will not back down to him and he hates that fact.
Well done. These pricks need put down a peg or ten

It’s very difficult to engage with them as most are so entrenched and defensive . I’ve found some are okay , mostly Glasgow boys who know the score and you can get a laugh with, but for the most part it’s easier to just not bother your arse with them . I’ve found especially blinkered from outwith Glasgow , places like Stirling , Dundee etc , just pure hatred for Rangers “ huns” and it’s now become the culture .
I find Glasgow ones are the worst in my experience

There once was a time when you could have a bit of banter with those who supported the evil cult in the East End but I'm afraid those days are long gone. I think Scotland is more bitter and divided than I've ever known it (I'm 54) and I find it best not to have anything to do with them, which is easy for me now as I live in England. But when I'm back home I go out of my way to avoid any of them if I can. They're scum, nothing more and nothing less, and I want nothing to do with either them or those of an SNP persuasion.

The problem is they have brainwashed themselves to believe we are what they want to believe they describe us as when in truth the description is really about who they are!

1/ Why do you have any of that shower as friends?

2/ Never take s lesson of any that shower regards morality.

If he's a Celtic fan then by that reasoning he must condone covering up child abuse then

There once was a time when you could have a bit of banter with those who supported the evil cult in the East End but I'm afraid those days are long gone. I think Scotland is more bitter and divided than I've ever known it (I'm 54) and I find it best not to have anything to do with them, which is easy for me now as I live in England. But when I'm back home I go out of my way to avoid any of them if I can. They're scum, nothing more and nothing less, and I want nothing to do with either them or those of an SNP persuasion.
There is no banter, no humour from them at all mate. As I said, they want to control the narrative and them and only them 'decide' what is banter and what is offensive.

They hate us with a ln unhealthy passion and their hatred for us overrides their love for their own club and it's been heading this way since the turn of the century and intensified in the last eight years. I used to work with one back in 2011/12 time when Whyte hadn't long taken over and Mark Daly was doing his first programme about it on the BBC. It was shown on a Thursday night at the exact same time they were playing a Europa League match and this tube that I worked with was unashamedly telling all that he was watching this programme rather than his own team in Europe because "this is mare important in the long run". And the scary thing is he wouldn't have been the only one either.

I had radio Clyde on today and Hugh Keevins stated that Boyd got abuse for one reason and one reason only and that was because he played for Rangers, he then went on to state that Clark got abuse because of his catholic upbringing.....thats the narrative that has been set, Rangers = bigots , Celtic = banter, somebody has to challenge this totally intentional rhetoric that idiots like Keevins are allowed to spout without any recourse, him and his ilk are a massive part of the problem and until they are either removed from their platforms or forced to be impartial then only one side of the argument will ever be heard.
Never mind the ignorant wrong-headedness of Keevins' comments, he's obviously forgetting that Clarke played for Celtic in the early 80s

since 2012 ive distanced myself from everyone of them including family!
might seem extreme but i havent lost out on anything whatsoever, the less hate filled ill educated wankers in my life the better.
Another reason i moved south in 2015 was due to my anger being pushed to the limit with them and the nats at the same time, it was going to see me in prison for serious assault (at that time i was angry bastard extreme)
since moving i no longer have those issues, no nats, no tims and living in a place where being proud of being British is celebrated not condoned, my life is better for having none of those types anywhere near me and long may it continue.

since 2012 ive distanced myself from everyone of them including family!
might seem extreme but i havent lost out on anything whatsoever, the less hate filled ill educated wankers in my life the better.
Another reason i moved south in 2015 was due to my anger being pushed to the limit with them and the nats at the same time, it was going to see me in prison for serious assault (at that time i was angry bastard extreme)
since moving i no longer have those issues, no nats, no tims and living in a place where being proud of being British is celebrated not condoned, my life is better for having none of those types anywhere near me and long may it continue.
I try my hardest not to engage with them too mate, though it's just not in my nature to let any of them vent their bile in my presence without challenging them on it, so when confronted with situations like I described above I try and remain calm and stick to the facts and question their rants. In my experience that pushes many of them, especially some of the more rabid ones over the edge. I've been verbally and even physically attacked by them in the past for doing so, but I will always stand up for what I believe in.

I heard the exact same reason off a tim at work the other day. All to do with being a member of OO. They must have a book of lies they all subscribe too.

No offence but any "friend" with that kind of mindset needs dropping from your friend group TONIGHT. Not tommorow, not next week, but tonight. As big a bhigot as you will find.

There is no banter, no humour from them at all mate. As I said, they want to control the narrative and them and only them 'decide' what is banter and what is offensive.

They hate us with a ln unhealthy passion and their hatred for us overrides their love for their own club and it's been heading this way since the turn of the century and intensified in the last eight years. I used to work with one back in 2011/12 time when Whyte hadn't long taken over and Mark Daly was doing his first programme about it on the BBC. It was shown on a Thursday night at the exact same time they were playing a Europa League match and this tube that I worked with was unashamedly telling all that he was watching this programme rather than his own team in Europe because "this is mare important in the long run". And the scary thing is he wouldn't have been the only one either.

That is unbelievable isn't it? The only time I watch them is when they're playing us (or maybe one of their now frequent European humpings :D), and certainly I would NEVER watch something to do with them if Rangers were playing on the same night, no matter what it was about.

We have really got so much under their skin since they were born that we consume almost their every waking moment. It bites into them that we are a more successful club with a bigger support. So much so that they think more of us than they do of their own club as you say. Before I came down to England I had neighbours and workmates who supported them and we could give each other a slagging if one or other side was beaten, but we knew the next time it could just as easily be the other way. Now I just don't want to give any of them the time of day, to the point that I avoid them completely if I can. I used to know some of them I would have classed as mates when I was growing up but now I don't want anything to do with them. It's sad really but they have totally poisoned the rivalry and taken it to new depths as far as I'm concerned.

I said it earlier today, the MoJo signing and then NIAR absolutely destroyed an entire generation of them. The two 'Helicopter Sundays' of 2003 and more especially 2005 rubbed even more salt into their wounds. What we have seen over the best part of the last decade can be attributed to those events imo.

No offence but any "friend" with that kind of mindset needs dropping from your friend group TONIGHT. Not tommorow, not next week, but tonight. As big a bhigot as you will find.
Honestly mate, he's not a friend of mine, he's a 'friend of a friend' and I never go out of my way to engage with him unless he's spouting his nonsense when within my earshot.

Should have just punched him in the cu nt.

Or do as I do, don't speak to that lot full stop. I know no tim, I speak to no known tim.

Saves me any hassle

Keevens probably has a point here. Has anyone ever been called a DOB by the Celtic fans if they have never played for us in any way or been an obvious fan? That is what our arsehole fans did to Clark the other night. Fave him abuse purely due to his religion.
It still doesn't make ir right but abusing ex players of your biggest rivals goes on world wide in football.

After the first sentace you should have hoofed him in the bawd and golf him to GTF

Orange bastard is far more sectarian than 19th Century Terrorist bastard.

The orange order are a religious organisation, whereas 19th Century Terrorists are not.

This is where our biggest %^*& up was. Allowing them to change the etymology to suit their own agenda for 19th Century Terrorist = Catholic

the mistake you made was having a celtic supporting friend in the first place!

imo if it was me, he'd have lost teeth!

and that goes for every single Rangers fan, why you have anything to do with that mob is beyond me, and why you'd expect anything but a grunt from a pig is also baffling.

if you honestly expect any differing view from them then your'e as deluded as them
Exactly, even the ones you think are good guys hate us. They can’t help themselves. Scotland’s shame is covering up paedophiles and giving them ample opportunities to carry out their disgusting crimes over and over again, unchallenged

Keevens probably has a point here. Has anyone ever been called a DOB by the Celtic fans if they have never played for us in any way or been an obvious fan? That is what our arsehole fans did to Clark the other night. Fave him abuse purely due to his religion.
It still doesn't make ir right but abusing ex players of your biggest rivals goes on world wide in football.
Keevins doesn't have a point at all. He is a bitter, agenda driven old bigot who barely attempts to hide it. Has he ever said that Neil Lennon gets abuse "because he played for Celtic"? We all know the answer to that one.

In answer to your question, they levelled that same chant at Jimmy Calderwood, obviously because they perceive that his Dunfermline side 'lay down' in 2003 and have chanted "DOB" at various referees over the years as well as telling fans of Hearts, Motherwell, Kilmarnock and Dundee to "go home ya h*ns".

Keevins doesn't have a point at all. He is a bitter, agenda driven old bigot who barely attempts to hide it. Has he ever said that Neil Lennon gets abuse "because he played for Celtic"? We all know the answer to that one.

In answer to your question, they levelled that same chant at Jimmy Calderwood, obviously because they perceive that his Dunfermline side 'lay down' in 2003 and have chanted "DOB" at various referees over the years as well as telling fans of Hearts, Motherwell, Kilmarnock and Dundee to "go home ya h*ns".
Fair enough but for our fans to abuse Clark purely based on his religion is pretty pathetic.

Every single celtic fan on the planet condones child abuse. Anything they have to say on any matter is irrelevant.
Not one of them should be considered a friend by any of us.

Fair enough but for our fans to abuse Clark purely based on his religion is pretty pathetic.
It was and was, in my opinion, a massive own goal as we've let them off the hook for the Boyd abuse three days earlier.

However.... The double standards and hypocrisy that have been on show since Wednesday have been staggering. The Boyd incidents were allowed to pass with very little comment, indeed had Boyd himself not mentioned it on social media then no one outside of this forum would have known anything about it. Fast forward to Wednesday night and Clarke's post match press conference...within hours we've got MSPs, every media outlet and the usual suspects on social media speaking at length about it...then we have Dave King apologising to Clarke and Steven Gerrard speaking about it. And any attempt or call for parity is dismissed as 'whatabouttery' in order to keep the 'main' story the biggest issue.

None of that makes any of it okay of course, but I've always said that if anyone is serious about stamping out 'bigotry' then they have to take into account ALL types of bigotry. Otherwise they are just agenda driven idiots who are only interested in silencing one side of the debate.

It was and was, in my opinion, a massive own goal as we've let them off the hook for the Boyd abuse three days earlier.

However.... The double standards and hypocrisy that have been on show since Wednesday have been staggering. The Boyd incidents were allowed to pass with very little comment, indeed had Boyd himself not mentioned it on social media then no one outside of this forum would have known anything about it. Fast forward to Wednesday night and Clarke's post match press conference...within hours we've got MSPs, every media outlet and the usual suspects on social media speaking at length about it...then we have Dave King apologising to Clarke and Steven Gerrard speaking about it. And any attempt or call for parity is dismissed as 'whatabouttery' in order to keep the 'main' story the biggest issue.

None of that makes any of it okay of course, but I've always said that if anyone is serious about stamping out 'bigotry' then they have to take into account ALL types of bigotry. Otherwise they are just agenda driven idiots who are only interested in silencing one side of the debate.
I do agree with you but we should take care of our side then we would be in a stronger position.
I do hate it when we as fans engage in 'whataboutery' but as you said, there has to be a balanced attack on this poison.

I come to this as someone who could easily be classed as a homophobe, racist, bigot, transphobe and sexist when you look at my views on things. I'd dispute them all though :)

don't argue with idiots eventually they wear you down to their level.
And that lot have their fair share of dimwhitts

We've all heard the same mentalism many times before.

The argument is that the Orange Order is a sectarian (anti-Catholic) institution, so Catholics challenging / criticising / denigrating the Orange Order, is them doing the correct and honourable thing.

I've heard it likened to the NAACP challenging the Ku Klux Klan, or the Jewish community slating the Nazis.

Seriously, they're not fcking right in the head.

the mistake you made was having a celtic supporting friend in the first place!

imo if it was me, he'd have lost teeth!

and that goes for every single Rangers fan, why you have anything to do with that mob is beyond me, and why you'd expect anything but a grunt from a pig is also baffling.

if you honestly expect any differing view from them then your'e as deluded as them
This is it. There is no such thing as a decent Celtc fan. Deep down they all share the chip on the shoulder, victim pish and their hatred of us is every bit as much as our hatred of them.

I've got extended family who support the green and grey, I don't ever make a point of talking to them about football. It's simply not worth it.

he is a Rangers fan, chances are he is...if he's happy to support a club who didn't sign Catholics for over a hundred years then he obviously feels the same way".

Haven't read the replies so I am sure this will be brought up but does that mean he is a paedophile?

Back