Kris Boyd demands SFA chiefs start earning their wages

The extract from his interview in the Record goes a bit more into detail where he describes how the clubs know the identity of the same 100-200 fans who are causing the trouble but continue to do nothing. Think we all know who he's referring to there. Good on him

When lawless Said that the country should take notice regarding them and tourism,he was basically saying we're calling the shots.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/kris-boyd-demands-sfa-chiefs-14337176

Kris Boyd demands SFA chiefs start earning their wages as he launches blistering attack

The Kilmarnock hitman reckons it's time for the bigwigs to stop hiding after another weekend of fan misbehaviour.

Kris Boyd has told SFA chiefs to start earning their fat wage packets or get out of the game before it’s left in tatters.

The Kilmarnock striker launched a blistering attack on the bigwigs and says they have “nowhere to hide” this time after the latest incident of fan misconduct took place in their OWN stadium in their OWN competition.

With Derek McInnes being subjected to sectarian abuse at Hampden Park in the William Hill Scottish Cup, Boyd is adamant there is no excuse for the SFA not to get tough on the offenders.

And, if they don’t, he asks why the governing body need even EXIST.

Boyd reckons not enough is being done by the SFA on fan-misbehaviour.

But, with bulky salaries being paid out to the top brass, he insists THEY have to lead on the issue or there is no point in them even being there.

PFA Scotland were also slammed as Boyd blasted: “The SFA have nowhere to hide on this one. The PFA have nowhere to hide on this one.

“They would all have been at the game and heard it with their own ears.

“There are some people within the SFA who get paid a healthy salary to make decisions like this.

“If they can’t stamp authority onto football clubs because they are our governing body, then what is point of them being there?

“What is the point of them getting paid the wages they are getting paid?

“The top guys at the SFA are paid a lot of money to make decisions.

“Justify your wages. Justify being put in that position and go and make the decisions.

“Come up with something. Go and fix this before our game is left in tatters.

“Clubs are trying to do their best, but it takes a bigger stance from the people at the very top.

“There have been incidents where they have been able to turn a blind eye. Put out a statement and say they will look after their players and managers.

“The SFA have been able to look after certain clubs better than others.

“Now it is right under their own eyes and ears, so it will be interesting to see if they act.

“If there is something good happening at the clubs, then the SFA are quick to say how they’re part of it. There are always organisations looking to jump on the bandwagon.

“But when incidents happen, they don’t ever want to get involved.

“You can see the pattern. It seems they’ll deal with some things and not others. That’s not right, is it?

“There have been incidents at other grounds involving other teams that they have been pretty quick to act on.

“I’ll say it again, this was under their own eyes to hear the songs being sung on Sunday.

“If they don’t act on this one, then I think the rest of Scottish football needs to look at who is running Scottish football because you can’t keep turning a blind eye to this sort of behaviour.

“There must be something that can be done inside Hampden to start weeding these people out.

“It’s like some people are just hoping it goes away instead of actually doing something about it.”

As well as finding the culprits, Boyd says the SFA should take an additional stance by siding with their targets and victims.

Boyd added: “Derek McInnes knows he will punished and rightly so because you can’t act the way he acted.

“But it will be interesting to see the other side on the ones who were giving the abuse.

“When you strip it back, maybe they should look at it and let him off because it should be the start of a stance against these idiots hurling abuse. It’s now happening every weekend in our game.

“I thought we’d reached a tipping point on all of this weeks ago. Something needs done.”

Boyd when he was called an Orange bas*ard by scum fans said at the time that;
"Oh, and in case anyone didn't know, I'm just a fat ORANGE (it must just be my favourite colour) *******.

"The shouts and abuse I can handle as a bit of banter even tho if others it would be sectarianism."

That was not helpful at all from him at the time and he instead should have been demanding Police Scotland find those responsible and arrest them for their sectarian abusive of him.

As usual a load of crap from Boyd, he’s been happy to laugh this stuff off for years and now it’s high on the agenda he’s morally outraged for the sake of his own publicity. As was said earlier, if he really wanted to make a point he’d be asking why one club seems to get the blame for the ills of Scottish football. Where was he when our players were attacked by motherwell/hivs supporters?

On a sidenote ...

McInnes reacts to the abusing crowd and gets immediately sent to the stands ... with a ban in the pipeline.

Compare and contrast the reaction by ref and SFA to the clown that goes by the name Scott Brown, goading the Rangers support, causing trouble on the park (with only Halliday being punished) and nealry causing massive crowd trouble ... essentially in both games at the Scumhut.

Something is rotten in the state of Scotland ...

It is a one way sectarian problem it seems to me with regarding the sfa the media here,we have hardwood flooring the rc's and the east end beasts fc have carpets.

Decent enough comments from him except my issue with this

Boyd added: “Derek McInnes knows he will punished and rightly so because you can’t act the way he acted.

McInnes should NOT be getting punished for this. Popcorn teeth done it to our main stand about a year ago and it was 'banter'. DMc should also challenge his red card and get this more in the open. He`s a fool to accept it.

Not only is this cleverly worded by Boyd, he'll know fine well he still has a visit to the piggery coming up and the vermin won't be able to help themselves.

I think he may well just have set Clarke up too.

Fair point, I reckon Boyds just handed them enough rope to hang themselves. But there can be no doubt what he saying here.

“They have nowhere to hide. It’s happened right in their stadium under their noses, they look at certain clubs better than others” - he’s shining a light right on Celtic fans specifically and applying pressure to the SFA by questioning how they could ever let this one go too.

“They weren’t slow in punishing other clubs, they look at certain clubs better than others” - hmmm, now who was the other club who was dragged over the hot coals in the media for chanting at Steve Clarke, immediately after the scum got away Scot free with chanting DOB at Boyd? Hmmm. Even more pressure implying that the SFA will be hypocrites and inconsistent if they don’t punish the scum too, and let’s face it, that’s just Boyd saying that they’ll rush in to punish any club but one.

“If they don’t act on this one other clubs should look at who is running football” - his implication by now is clear, Celtic keep getting away with it, other clubs need to question why Peter Lawell is allowed to run Scottish football to suit his own club and agenda.

He’s said everything without actually saying it, but he hasn’t been subtle either. The funny but is him implying the SFA can’t possibly ignore their behaviour once more when it’s right under their own noses at Hampden. Well Kris, just watch how effortlessly they turn their back on this one too under the instruction of the fat Japanese...

“If they don’t act on this one, then I think the rest of Scottish football needs to look at who is running Scottish football because you can’t keep turning a blind eye to this sort of behaviour. ”

Not often I give Kris Boyd credit but fair play Kris Boyd. Nail on head.

Honestly, I’m going to applaud Boyd for this. He’s having a dig at Celtic and questioning how they continually get away with it and why Lawell has so much power over the SFA.

He’s obviously said it in such a way that he hasn’t directly implicated them or got himself in trouble, but he’s still more of less said it and everyone with half a brain will know exactly what he’s saying there. This is the sort of thing that needs to be said more often, I only wish our board had the spine to just say what we all know.
Agree mate only hope Boyd's article is highlighted,and more people see it,been well worded,so don't think it's all his own work,but fair play to him!

sadly kris boyd saying here what he said will have zero effect on the stewardship and the running of the game for one teams benefit if our club do not come out and say the same,,it is our club that is suffering more than every other club with the blatant discrimination in the game,,boyd has made a start here but its only a start,someone at Ibrox really needs to start delivering and do it soon

McInnes should NOT be getting punished for this. Popcorn teeth done it to our main stand about a year ago and it was 'banter'. DMc should also challenge his red card and get this more in the open. He`s a fool to accept it.

This in spades. A glaring opportunity to bring even-handedness to the fore (which unfortunately will be missed).

Someone had to start by saying something on the matter, the fact that Boyd was the victim of the Tims shit a few weeks back, and the fact, that Clark his manager chose to ignore the fact, and complain about his own case speaks volume, to me, and perhaps our ex hero is preparing for a life after football?
I could not have summed it up better ,that one thing a footballer learns very early in his career and its called how to count money.

Whit ?
Is this a Ripvanwinkle impersonation Kris ?
Have you slept through your career up till now ?
This is the SFA Kris - you know - the ones that have run (very badly) the whole shebang from the moment you pulled on a pair of boots in earnest
Yet you're now expecting them to suddenly become something approaching fair, efficient & sensible ?
Maybe time to go back to sleep ?

The source of the problem is obvious for anyone who chooses to see it. The literal division of society at age 5 is the cause of the division in our society. Who’d have thunk it?

https://www.nomorefaithschools.org/

There’s a growing movement in England to end faith schools where 10% are faith schools. It’s double in Scotland with ten times the societal issues but nobody talks about it because it’s a taboo subject. It’s truly bizarre

Steve Clarke received that song once - national news
Derek McInnes received it once - national news

Steven Gerrard received it three times - not a peep
To be fair Derek McInnis has had had it loads more time off them than that in the last few years. The Cup Final in December for a start

I agree with your sentiment though the Tims and others can sing what they like about our religion without question or criticism.

The media only picked up on this one because the DM publicly claimed he was sent off and drew attention to the songs. Otherwise it would have passed without comment

Neil McCann used to get it non stop and the media never said a word

Just why have the SPFL wigs been invisible?

Previously they loved being in the limelight.

The source of the problem is obvious for anyone who chooses to see it.
The literal division of society at age 5 is the cause of the division in our society. Who’d have thunk it?
The cause of Scotland's problem is that we stood idly by whilst the country's positions of power and institutions were infiltrated and eventually controlled by them.
We still are unable to understand the level of hatred they have towards us.
The protestant majority in Scotland is well on its way to becoming an under class, most of remain blissfully unaware of our predicament.

Yes he did.
He cupped his lugs then turned to the main stand and made the gesture.

Yet he and Broonaldo weren't sent off for the selfsame gesture McInnes made at the Septic support.

There must be a common factor in these 3 incidents.

I just cannot put my finger on it ...........

Back