Kris Boyd demands SFA chiefs start earning their wages

QC Wine

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/kris-boyd-demands-sfa-chiefs-14337176

Kris Boyd demands SFA chiefs start earning their wages as he launches blistering attack

The Kilmarnock hitman reckons it's time for the bigwigs to stop hiding after another weekend of fan misbehaviour.

Kris Boyd has told SFA chiefs to start earning their fat wage packets or get out of the game before it’s left in tatters.

The Kilmarnock striker launched a blistering attack on the bigwigs and says they have “nowhere to hide” this time after the latest incident of fan misconduct took place in their OWN stadium in their OWN competition.

With Derek McInnes being subjected to sectarian abuse at Hampden Park in the William Hill Scottish Cup, Boyd is adamant there is no excuse for the SFA not to get tough on the offenders.

And, if they don’t, he asks why the governing body need even EXIST.

Boyd reckons not enough is being done by the SFA on fan-misbehaviour.

But, with bulky salaries being paid out to the top brass, he insists THEY have to lead on the issue or there is no point in them even being there.

PFA Scotland were also slammed as Boyd blasted: “The SFA have nowhere to hide on this one. The PFA have nowhere to hide on this one.

“They would all have been at the game and heard it with their own ears.

“There are some people within the SFA who get paid a healthy salary to make decisions like this.

“If they can’t stamp authority onto football clubs because they are our governing body, then what is point of them being there?

“What is the point of them getting paid the wages they are getting paid?

“The top guys at the SFA are paid a lot of money to make decisions.

“Justify your wages. Justify being put in that position and go and make the decisions.

“Come up with something. Go and fix this before our game is left in tatters.

“Clubs are trying to do their best, but it takes a bigger stance from the people at the very top.

“There have been incidents where they have been able to turn a blind eye. Put out a statement and say they will look after their players and managers.

“The SFA have been able to look after certain clubs better than others.

“Now it is right under their own eyes and ears, so it will be interesting to see if they act.

“If there is something good happening at the clubs, then the SFA are quick to say how they’re part of it. There are always organisations looking to jump on the bandwagon.

“But when incidents happen, they don’t ever want to get involved.

“You can see the pattern. It seems they’ll deal with some things and not others. That’s not right, is it?

“There have been incidents at other grounds involving other teams that they have been pretty quick to act on.

“I’ll say it again, this was under their own eyes to hear the songs being sung on Sunday.

“If they don’t act on this one, then I think the rest of Scottish football needs to look at who is running Scottish football because you can’t keep turning a blind eye to this sort of behaviour.

“There must be something that can be done inside Hampden to start weeding these people out.

“It’s like some people are just hoping it goes away instead of actually doing something about it.”

As well as finding the culprits, Boyd says the SFA should take an additional stance by siding with their targets and victims.

Boyd added: “Derek McInnes knows he will punished and rightly so because you can’t act the way he acted.

“But it will be interesting to see the other side on the ones who were giving the abuse.

“When you strip it back, maybe they should look at it and let him off because it should be the start of a stance against these idiots hurling abuse. It’s now happening every weekend in our game.

“I thought we’d reached a tipping point on all of this weeks ago. Something needs done.”

Someone had to start by saying something on the matter, the fact that Boyd was the victim of the Tims shit a few weeks back, and the fact, that Clark his manager chose to ignore the fact, and complain about his own case speaks volume, to me, and perhaps our ex hero is preparing for a life after football?

Honestly, I’m going to applaud Boyd for this. He’s having a dig at Celtic and questioning how they continually get away with it and why Lawell has so much power over the SFA.

He’s obviously said it in such a way that he hasn’t directly implicated them or got himself in trouble, but he’s still more of less said it and everyone with half a brain will know exactly what he’s saying there. This is the sort of thing that needs to be said more often, I only wish our board had the spine to just say what we all know.

Honestly, I’m going to applaud Boyd for this. He’s having a dig at Celtic and questioning how they continually get away with it and why Lawell has so much power over the SFA.

He’s obviously said it in such a way that he hasn’t directly implicated them or got himself in trouble, but he’s still more of less said it and everyone with half a brain will know exactly what he’s saying there. This is the sort of thing that needs to be said more often, I only wish our board had the spine to just say what we all know.

This right here!
I’m sure they’ll be queuing up to ask Boyd exactly what he meant, asking him to name names, clubs etc in a bid to get him in bother.

As far as sectarianism’s concerned, it’s something the clubs inherit, they don’t create it.

End the religious apartheid in the country’s educational system - in the schools where the seeds are planted - then they can talk about dealing with the issue, but we know that won’t happen.

Until then, it’s talk.

The SFA have turned a blind eye to the anti English songs sung by the Tartan tossers for years. Even ignoring our national anthem getting booed when playing England and Norn Ireland
That was embarrassing. Is there any other country on the planet that would boo its own national anthem? Hoots mon.

Well said Kris but I wish YOU’D earned your wages during your last spell at Ibrox. Things might have turned out a little different for you and Rangers.

It's too late for the people currently involved with the SFA. The whole lot of them need wiped out and started again - new people that can totally support the idea of focussing on Scottish football as a whole. Not people who are sympathetic of specific clubs and certainly not current senior members of clubs under the SFA umbrella.

BTW what's the rules regarding bringing the game into disrepute...?
At a guess the same rules for every other player including Boyd regardless if he writes for a newspaper,that doesn't make him immune and if he wasn't charged with bringing the game into disrepute,It easily opens the door for any other player to come out and put the boot into anyone they please without fear and simply pointing out Boyds comments went unpunished.

He's said previous things in his newspaper articles about Rangers which i didn't like and in my opinion should have been cited for bringing the game into disrepute,rules quite clearly state you can't badmouth any other players,clubs or officials of clubs,Boyds still a registered player with Kilmarnock and still subject to the same rules as his fellow players.

I've no time for the SFA but what exactly are they supposed to do to stop it ? Would they use the get out of jail card and play their joker to avoid being the fall guys by throwing clubs under the bus and agreeing to bring in strict liability,that would be going down a very dangerous road.

The police,anti-sectarian organisations,football clubs,education groups have all tried and all failed to stop it,you could throw billions at attempting to stop it and they would be pishing the money down the drain because it won't stop it, It's been going on for hundreds of years between Protestants and catholics and it will keep going on.

I reckon everything that has happened over the last few months will only give those like Dornan plenty of evidence that strict liability has to be brought in,they know it's an impossible task to stop it hence why they want to target the clubs as it would be far easier to punish them directly than use endless resources and money trying to stop something they can't.

Punishing the clubs would be nothing more than them being hypocrites as the sectarianism would just continue and wouldn't be resolved by punishing clubs,If anything i think it would make it even worse.

Anne Budge has made the job easier for them by closing a section of Tynecastle,they will now expect other clubs to follow the lead of Budge and simply cite what she has done and why others can't follow with similar.

People like Dornan and his cronies should be keeping their noses out of football and concentrate on the mess they have made of this country,maybe he should start by bringing strict liability into his own party and their own supporters vileness to most Unionist and Rangers supporters.

This right here!
I’m sure they’ll be queuing up to ask Boyd exactly what he meant, asking him to name names, clubs etc in a bid to get him in bother.

As far as sectarianism’s concerned, it’s something the clubs inherit, they don’t create it.

End the religious apartheid in the country’s educational system - in the schools where the seeds are planted - then they can talk about dealing with the issue, but we know that won’t happen.

Until then, it’s talk.

Every time they mention sectarianism we should highlight the damage caused by segregated schools.

Get on the front foot and attack them for their hypocrisy.

Is there footage of what McInnes actually did? I try not to watch poet games against other teams.

The footage shows him making the wanker gesture then a get it up ye. It all happens very quickly while McInnes is standing facing the pitch, right on the touchline. I’m actually surprised the fourth official saw it.

Wish he’d gone one further and asked if sectarianism is a one way street in Scottish Football.
Correct.
Challenge selectarianism?
At least he’s highlighted the disparity in approach and condemnation that’s glaringly evident.

The SFA have turned a blind eye to the anti English songs sung by the Tartan tossers for years. Even ignoring our national anthem getting booed when playing England and Norn Ireland
I’ve argued this point for years.
Rangers fans get slaughtered for celebrating events of 350 years ago, despite it being, culturally, on our side of the argument and, more importantly, to the unarguable benefit of this and many countries.
This under the banner of living in the past and said songs being divisive and bigoted and despite a word of bigotry in them.
All the while, the SFA, amongst others, adopt a dirge celebrating events of over seven hundred years ago which, on examination, is actually racist.
Well as racist as our “go home” song mocking them .

Liewell thinks they are earning their money, and he has a lot more clout than Boyd.

This sums it all up - two people make the same gesture to the opposing fans.
The one with Rangers connections gets sent off, even though he suffered sectarian abuse.
The one with Celtic connections gets his hand shaken, even though he was tho one was shouting abuse.
The authorities are definitely earning their money, like Lord Haw Haw earned his.

It's far too vague.

The SFA have been able to look after certain clubs better than others

If you mean Celtic, say Celtic - otherwise it's no use.

In broader terms Kris Boyd doesn't actually define what he wants. On the face it looks like he is calling for 'strict liability', yet most member clubs are opposed.

He could have attacked the Scottish media for its agenda-driven coverage but it seems he doesn't want to go there.

There are other, far stronger reasons the SFA 'bigwigs' should be criticised.

The SFA doing something about sectarian singing?
The same august organisation that ignored years of racist homophobic abuse being aimed at Jimmy Hill because he had the temerity to be English.
All they will do is do what they always do - blame those nasty Rangers fans; even though we weren't even at the game.

It’s all too late though, we had these Motherwell muppets on the park in that play off game, we had thousands of the spoonburners on causing mayhem at Hampden, we had Lennon stand in front of our main stand while Hivs manager giving same gesture. We all know which club will be punished first, where was the outcry when Stevie G got same song at the Glitter Dome?

If there is a crime commited, then it is a police matter. Not the SFA.

Policing.isn't a freebie for clubs.

Don't be fooled the tide is turning,our enemies will circle the wagons to defend what they have achieved so far.we as a club and support will be pillored one way or another before this season is over i have no doubt about that. The long term goal to destroy us is still the agenda in my opinion.

Our ex players need to start backing boydie also, see the players around 07/08 season they know all about the skullduggery that went on, man up ffs if boydie can say it surely others can step up , very well said kris by the way, you and novo have led the way well done. Clarke maybe unwittingly done us a favour

There’s something utterly wrong with people on here clamouring for action to be taken against Boyd for this article. The same people that cry themselves into a little frenzy when he doesn’t stick up for Rangers in the media.
This article highlights what’s wrong with the game like so many have been whinging for for ages yet as soon as it’s actually uttered you’ve got people wanting action taken against him.

No wonder folk walk over us, who needs enemies

Agree. To me, a great forceful point made by Kris Boyd.

I’ve argued this point for years.
Rangers fans get slaughtered for celebrating events of 350 years ago, despite it being, culturally, on our side of the argument and, more importantly, to the unarguable benefit of this and many countries.
This under the banner of living in the past and said songs being divisive and bigoted and despite a word of bigotry in them.
All the while, the SFA, amongst others, adopt a dirge celebrating events of over seven hundred years ago which, on examination, is actually racist.
Well as racist as our “go home” song mocking them .

There’s much more anti English racism than anti Irish racism in this country imo.

Can't argue with what Boyd is saying.

Also like the not so veiled accusations about the poets and poet minded seemingly getting preferential treatment.

But articles like this could be a precursor for strict liability.

Great sentiments Kris, especially after the beasts shame themselves again, but just like every other aspect of Scottish football we all know which team will be punished most and it won’t be the filth.

This seems as close a statement to the "truth" of things he can say without overly upsetting his paymasters in the press... those who know understand what he is getting at and those blind to it won't be too upset at his words. (I don't think he has actually penned this himself)

Back