Kris Boyd predicts Celtic transfer tailspin as Rangers icon reckons only one player is 'absolutely guaranteed' to stay

First they have to get a new manager and back room team in then completely overhaul the squad while the Euros are simultaneously ongoing . They then also face early European qualifiers which will have a huge impact on next season before it even starts. It's a complete recipe for chaos over the summer for them.

All this while missing out on any potential good Bosman signings who are mostly tied down in the early parts of the year.

The yahoo squad is also bloated and full of mediocrity with players on big money who contribute nothing.

No manager worth his salt is coming near them unless they pay out silly money.

- Rogic, Ajeti and Griffiths are complete wasters who will never be fully fit.

- French diddy, Christie, Ntcham & Ajer will be sold cause they need the money.

- Brown, Elyounoussi, Laxalt and Duffy :( will leave.

- Ping-pong, Barkas, Bain, klimala, Shved, Boli, Bayo are all woeful players who will be draining tens of thousands a week from any new managers budget.
We have a massive, absolutely massive opportunity to put a foot on their head.

We must learn from their mistakes, and steal what they have had a finger on (buying to sell).

We are on the verge of being the countries strongest team, with the chance to present proven European pedigree players, who we can earn x3 what We paid for them. We are recognised in the EL as a force, next phase is the CL and putting our footprint back in there.

It is ours for the taking, now.
We just need to ensure the various departments within the club are on top of their game, taking us forward to the highest standard we as a Scottish team are capable of.

Who's buying McGregor and Christie - English Championship, I'd imagine. Are they really going to interest a lower half Premiership side...?

I think they may struggle to offload some of these players.
I’ve seen comments here that they’ll get 40million for Edouard, Ajer, Christie and Ntcham I think it was.

Hard to see that when they’ll all, I believe, have a year left on their contract in the summer.

I mean the people who think 12 month Edouard is a £25-30mil + player. So he’s what, £80-100mil if he has 4 years on his deal is he? o_O :rolleyes: :eek: ;)

‘Financial muscle’ they are skint? They don’t have a tierney to sell, they are f()cked. Wage bill, compo claims, transfer fees to pay for absolute dung. I want them to suffer badly. mentally challenged filth.
I reckon Boydie’s mentally challenged leaning ghost writer added that part

They're fcked They're main best players all in last 18 month of contracts fck them lovely

Souness loved a spine as he called it.
Woods-Butcher

Souness initially called the spine of the team a keeper, centre half, centre mid, centre forward.

He wanted a spine that ran back to front right the way through his side.

He wanted to build around those 4 positions.

in old firm games he's the guy who's most likely to do something. he's playing in a terrible team

i think it's the fact they've got an incompetent coach who doesn't coach them anything, no instructions, no training and no player improvement - these guys look a shadow of themselves in comparison to the Rodgers era

This ^^^^

They do have potential in that team. However, a good coach makes players better as we have seen with Gerrard. It seems that Lennon has made his players worse.

It's taken Gerrard three seasons to get us back. I don't think they'll recover within a season. The only reason we bounced back after 10IAR was a mad amount of money. They don't have 30 million to spend. They'll have to build back over few seasons.

Where's their leadership if McGregor and brown go in the summer? what young talent players they got left besides Turnbull?

A rebuild when they've over-leveraged trying to win 10 and player sale values are lower due to COVID lol on top of the wage bill needing cut.
Mikey Johnson :)) :))

structurally they are. which is fucking mental.

they've just focused on what we have fucked up over recent years, instead of considering what we have been doing well and trying to match us. We've grown arms and legs.

Brick by brick we have got our house in order. Slowly slowly catchy monkey.

Fuck the poets.
I get what you’re saying with structure and building, but I’ve got to disagree with the “slowly, slowly, catchy monkey” bit.

Gerrard has had one season of using what he inherited.
Second season, he brought in some players who started to show some real qualities that were missing from the dross he punted.
Third season, he’s absolutely melted them!

That’s not slow. He’s really revamped this squad in four transfer windows!

I get what you’re saying with structure and building, but I’ve got to disagree with the “slowly, slowly, catchy monkey” bit.

Second season, he brought in some players who started to show some real qualities that were missing from the dross he punted.

I think in the context of the Scottish game it's comparatively slow. Not many get the opportunity to take us forward with two barren seasons on the trot.

The foundations have been getting put down well before Gerrard took over. it's been a process that we have gradually got right ever since King came in. Gerrard inherited a playing squad mess, but the club needed built from the ground up after the mess that was inherited from Ashley's stooges. Any organisation starts from the top down, it's modern football - that's the reality. Without strong leadership you are fucked. That's been true in our case.

Gerrard has had something to work with - shoots of recovery, but to suggest that everything that went before Gerrard in absolute totality was pointless and should be erased from memory is factually wide of the mark, for me at least.

there's been a lot of shite along the way, but it's been a process. and it's a process that the poets have ignored. it's been slow, but we are where we need to be.

They are drawing games, not losing to everyone. A decent manager who picks up a few players to fix their spine and draws are wins.

They are drawing games, not losing to everyone. A decent manager who picks up a few players to fix their spine and draws are wins.
Absolutely.

This season is wonderful. But let’s not kid ourselves. They get a half decent manager and give him reasonable cash to spend and they will be a threat again.

In the context of the Scottish game, they were the only club who have won every trophy they entered. Not one other club were ever going to change that apart from their own failure to win in a cup game, which hasn’t happened for four years.

Two barren seasons since Gerrard came in have been disappointing, yes, but the change in this squad over three or four transfer windows is remarkable.

I don’t like to linger too long on the charlatans. They are gone now. It was a relatively short time ago that they were ripping Rangers apart. What? Five years? Since then, our board and fans have turned this cluster %^*& into the top dog again.

From a car crash to top dog in five years is not a slow process. Its been a blink of an eye to me.

Hi Bears I’m going with the motto let’s enjoy what we are watching & celebrate + go bonkers when 55 is done but I’m not getting carried away with talk we will dominate for years.

These quotes are the reason they are 20 points behind us & in a real bad mess. I’ve heard all this before (& believed it) when we won 9 in a row in the 90’s + invested heavily that summer, also when DA took over & hammered them for 2 years then MON took over them & totally bullied us...2 seasons later we were really struggling money wise & in comes ECK & wins a treble.

I totally see everyone’s thinking especially with all their best players in the final 18 months of their contract + no CL money for 3 possibly 4 seasons but things can change so quickly. I hope they continue to recruit as well as last summer B-D

The thing I’m most excited about is I don’t think Ge55ard + his team will rest on this seasons success or believe they are years ahead of them & be working as hard as possible to continue to recruit well & coach the team to the maximum.

I was frustrated with the Boss’s decisions last year on a few occasions but he has definitely learnt fast & he will be super excited to get a crack at the top table of European Football next year.

I don’t think I’ve enjoyed a season as much as this & I can’t wait to watch every game we play...I’m enjoying the ride but I’m not gonna shout from the roof tops we are going to do this & do that over the next 4/5 seasons.

WATP.

It was always going to be at least a three year plan. No way we were winning anything Year 1. A trophy in year two would have been nice and we were cheated out of LC. That one hurt. Year three was always the key one and I have been saying it since he arrived. And he has nailed it.

Remembering how wide of the mark their fans have been on our finances for years, I’m reluctant to think theirs are as bad as sometimes made out. They don’t look great on paper but they’ve got a wealthy owner who could step in with a bit of assistance if needed. Would love their worst case scenario to become reality, right enough.

That being said, it really does look like they’ve got one hell of a task ahead of them this summer. Boyd is spot on, there’s virtually zero players that you would say are nailed on to be there next summer. I would maybe add the racist junkie as one of those nailed on and if that’s the case, bring it on.

We’ve all known for a few years that we weren’t far behind them(at worst). This summer we should be streets ahead of them and if we make the CL groups we should be looking at the kind of financial advantage that we haven’t had in about 20 years.

I wonder what winning the league will do from a merchandise sales point of view. I’m almost certain that mob will have been counting the projected pennies from their ‘10’ in a row. I hope to feck we bring out a dvd, I want something I can watch, then put in the loft for the future. What a special title this will be in our history, arguably....the most important.

I’d be happy to see McGregor go. I rate him. The rest are either past it, useless overrated or can’t be arsed.

They are all overpriced so I can’t see a queue to buy any of them apart from Edouard.

With luck they’ll be stuck with the lot of them.
McGregor will go south flop and we will take him back up road for buttons just to noise them up!! He can captain our development team lol

Edouard is ripping the pish with them, he’s coasting out to the end of his contract....Celtic will be offering him out for buttons!!

It's taken Gerrard three seasons to get us back. I don't think they'll recover within a season. The only reason we bounced back after 10IAR was a mad amount of money. They don't have 30 million to spend. They'll have to build back over few seasons.

Where's their leadership if McGregor and brown go in the summer? what young talent players they got left besides Turnbull?

A rebuild when they've over-leveraged trying to win 10 and player sale values are lower due to COVID lol on top of the wage bill needing cut.
That's crux of matter for them 30 mill would get the m decent 6 or 7 players but it will be a rush job and pressure on straight away some won't work.

That's why getting league win early getting far as we possibly can in EL is important from a money point but coefficient as well.

If we can get into cl next year then it ends as auto entry the next year and we win the league we financially are 50 to 60 mill a head of them.

It can all turn but definate financially this year c and next could see then collapse for 2 or 3 seasons if they get manager and recruitment wrong

Good players don’t become bad overnight, put it down to the coaches, manager, they bring in a decent manager, we will have a fight on our hands again, under Rodgers they showed they could play, got to hope that the rumours that they are skint are true, it’s took Gerard a couple of seasons to build us up, let’s hope we get a run while they rebuild again, and if rumours are true that could take a while.

If they box clever they could auction the BJK statue to their deluded fans and get some cash in for it before the shit hits the fan.

Good players don’t become bad overnight, put it down to the coaches, manager, they bring in a decent manager, we will have a fight on our hands again, under Rodgers they showed they could play, got to hope that the rumours that they are skint are true, it’s took Gerard a couple of seasons to build us up, let’s hope we get a run while they rebuild again, and if rumours are true that could take a while.
This is the bit I'd be worried about if I was a mentally challenged. A champions league wage bill with no champions league money with anything from 20 000 to 30 000 season ticket holders refusing to renew.

Have i logged into the huddleboard?
tenor.gif

Some people getting every bit as carried away as they did when they were on top.

It's just folk enjoying the moment mate. We are entitled to it after a decade of misery.

Level-headed assessments of where we stand moving forward can come a bit later.

I’d be happy to see McGregor go. I rate him. The rest are either past it, useless overrated or can’t be arsed.

They are all overpriced so I can’t see a queue to buy any of them apart from Edouard.

With luck they’ll be stuck with the lot of them.
McGregor is a decent player but he's not got a killer pass or the physique to cope with the EPL.
Christie is good at diving and blasting the ball into row Z.

Turnbull has been rotten the past couple of matches, McGregor too for that matter.
They've been found out imo.

Turnbull will never become a top midfielder.

Him, Christie and Rogic all have the same "lazy as fuuck" attitude when the opposition have possession.

They'll look ok against weaker sides, but when they come up against good opposition, teams are able to play through them easily because of their lack of work rate.

Who's buying McGregor and Christie - English Championship, I'd imagine. Are they really going to interest a lower half Premiership side...?

Remember they are Southampton’s feeder club so one of them may end up there .

McGregor is a decent player but he's not got a killer pass or the physique to cope with the EPL.
Christie is good at diving and blasting the ball into row Z.

McGregor would easily cope in a mid table EPL side mate.
There's plenty of bang average midfielders playing in that league, once you get outside of the top 6.

This isn't a McGregor love in either, as I happen to think we've got 3 better midfielders than him.

He's the best they've got though by a mile.

Had a look at their squad and with the 4 players out of contract in 18 months, brown and the loans they are going to have to have a massive rebuild in the next 2 windows. Christie, Édouard, Ajer and Ntcham all not willing to sign new deals and will leave in the summer for a lot less than they hope. Laxalt, Duffy and Elyounouusi all going back to their parent clubs. Brown potentially retiring and being a spent force if he stays. That's before you even get to guys like McGregor, Frimpong and Julien (all the French lads will be away) potentially wanting a new challenge or more money elsewhere.

In terms of first teamers it looks like they will be left with.
RB - Frimpong
CB - Julien
CM - Soro (a foul waiting to happen)
CM - McGregor
CAM - Turnbull (will be their main man)
RW - Forrest

In terms of squad players it looks like they will be left with.
GK - Barkas, Hazard, Bain (all shite)
RB - Elhamed (wants to leave), Ralston (shite)
CB - Walsh (poor), Bitton (bombscare)
LB - Taylor, Bolingoli (neither are great)
CM - Henderson (mutant), Connell (youth player)
CAM - Rogic (unfit and could probably leave)
LW - Johnston (lightweight perma crock)
ST - Griffiths (Junkie), Ajeti (unfit), Klimala (shite)

They'll need atleast 5 first team players (GK, CB, LB, LW, ST) and atleast 5 squad players (RB, CB, CM, CM, RW). Even if they sell Édouard, Christie, Ntcham and Ajer for decent money that doesn't cover all those players, this seasons losses and a new manager and backroom team. Then you throw in the mess they could be next season with people not renewing season tickets and merch sales right down (they failed, 10 was going to be their big merch year to recoup their losses). It could be quite a few hard years for the tims.

Turnbull will never become a top midfielder.

Him, Christie and Rogic all have the same "lazy as fuuck" attitude when the opposition have possession.

They'll look ok against weaker sides, but when they come up against good opposition, teams are able to play through them easily because of their lack of work rate.
I personally think Turnbull has a chance.

I agree he is lazy when not in possession, but that can be coached out of a player. Just not by his current coach as Lennon isn’t very good at it!

Certainly at the prices they were dreaming of last August.
They’d have been looking for around £15m, £30 if you listened to some Celtic supporters, for each of them last season.
They aren’t getting that now, not by a long way.

Agree with you there BB no one came sniffing when they were supposed to be good no club will want them when there rank,certainly not at some of there inflated values .

I personally think Turnbull has a chance.

I agree he is lazy when not in possession, but that can be coached out of a player. Just not by his current coach as Lennon isn’t very good at it!

Time will tell mate.

Rodgers couldn't coach it out of Rogic or Christie.

It was one of the main reasons they took some serious scuddings in Europe under him.

That was the only time they faced any serious opposition, until Gerrard arrived.

Certainly at the prices they were dreaming of last August.
They’d have been looking for around £15m, £30 if you listened to some Celtic supporters, for each of them last season.
They aren’t getting that now, not by a long way.
I seen they were wanting to sell Ntcham this window and Celtic are apparently wanting 7 million for him. Guys about to turn 25, has barely played this season and hasn't done well when given a chance (for years). Who in their right mind would pay 7 million for him. They'll get loan offers or a few million at best.

It's just folk enjoying the moment mate. We are entitled to it after a decade of misery.

Level-headed assessments of where we stand moving forward can come a bit later.
Yeh there’s nothing wrong with a bit of that. I just find some of the stuff hard to go along with after we mocked them when they thought they were absolutely miles ahead of us.

Have i logged into the huddleboard?
Hasn’t gone down too well, has it?
If you are really surprised, shocked or disgruntled at Rangers fans discussing our rivals and our future prospects, you’re not thinking straight.
That’s all that’s happening here.
There’s no love-in here.
Just various appraisals of where they are now, where we are, how we got here and where and how we move forward.

Back