Kris Boyd saying pay the going rate for Jones.

There were a lot of low points in the disastrous McCoist/McCall 14/15 season where we finished third in the Championship, one of which watching Kris Boyd steal a wage from us while lumbering about the pitch. He owes us an apology for his lack of professionalism and effort that season.
You can't blame McCall. He inherited a lazy, uninterested squad and had to make do. He saw through some of the wasters - Black lost his place, and improved the midfield. He couldn't have done much more in the time he was there

We need to walk away from this deal.

First their manager and now their captain lining up in the media to have a pop at us. The lack of professionalism is astounding.

Compare and contrast to out business conducted with clubs down south.

You can't blame McCall. He inherited a lazy, uninterested squad and had to make do. He saw through some of the wasters - Black lost his place, and improved the midfield. He couldn't have done much more in the time he was there
I'm not trying to blame McCall, I could have said McCoist/McDowall to be fair. Boyd was a disgrace (amongst others) that season and every time he opines on our progress I remember his useless fat arse failing to score in the f*cking championship.

Last week, he started his charity, no doubt expecting us to support it

This week, he's chasing Timmy coin and putting the boot it

I know he's not the brightest, but ffs, even he should be able to think that one through

Good grief. I think you might want step away from the keyboard and, I don't know, go for a walk or something. You've lost all perspective.

I would end our interest in him now. Ridiculous public comments from their manager and club captain now on our bid. Understandable given Clarke is a mentally challenged but Boyd’s comments again are totally unacceptable from a Rangers man. The fact he’s a current player sums Scottish football up to a tee.

Another well thought out piece...

One of the most infuriating thing about Boyd and his daft opinions is that the facts are absent or easily challenged.

The point many other posters have raised about hearts make the piece by Boyd almost laughable.

It reminds me of him going on about Jack and his multiple red cards without discussing the fact that he had cards rescinded.

if I was the players agent I would be knocking on the Kilmarnock chairman’s door demanding his player gets paid the wage of a 1 mil player rather than a 100k one.
Said this earlier, the Killie CEO should be offering him a pay increase to reflect the clubs proclaimed high value asset of him.

A player is only worth what another club is willing to pay for him. Unless there is another bidder, what we have offered is, by definition, the "going rate".

Killie's reaction is a not very subtle way to try to get us to pay more. I think we need to send a strong message that the days of Rangers overpaying for average players is long gone. I would walk away from this deal but I would do it very publicly.

Take it when Boyd heads into SCS to buy a sofa he just goes “here, I know the sales on, but I’m going to give you the full value of the sofa.”

Does he %^*&.

A player is only worth what another club is willing to pay for him. Unless there is another bidder, what we have offered is, by definition, the "going rate".

Killie's reaction is a not very subtle way to try to get us to pay more. I think we need to send a strong message that the days of Rangers overpaying for average players is long gone. I would walk away from this deal but I would do it very publicly.
Agree with this. Look at it this way. Hearts wanted a million for Walker, got 300k. Good decision by us. Allan, went to celtic for way more than we offered. Failure. Good decision by us. Same with cummings. The bottom line is these players aren't worth any more than we are offering. A simple no is all they need to say.

I have a genuine dislike for Boyd these days .. Not proud of it tbf . It's disappointing the shite we get from ex players

Back