Kris Boyd target of sectarian abuse from Celtic supporters

ItsInTheNet

SKY SPORTS were forced to apologise during pre-match coverage of their match between Dundee United and Celtic after Kris Boyd was targeted with sectarian abuse.

The Rangers hero was in the studio alongside Shaun Maloney and John Rankin and was the subject of sectarian chants from within the stadium.

Boyd responded to the sickening songs saying: "It is nice to see my supporters club are in today. I am really enjoying it."
Presenter Mark Benstead then said: "Apologies if you can pick up any bad language behind us at the moment."

Boyd then laughed off the chants, adding: "I am causing them more problems right now than when I played!

"They never used to sing about me when I played against them."

SKY SPORTS were forced to apologise during pre-match coverage of their match between Dundee United and Celtic after Kris Boyd was targeted with sectarian abuse.

The Rangers hero was in the studio alongside Shaun Maloney and John Rankin and was the subject of sectarian chants from within the stadium.

Boyd responded to the sickening songs saying: "It is nice to see my supporters club are in today. I am really enjoying it."
Presenter Mark Benstead then said: "Apologies if you can pick up any bad language behind us at the moment."

Boyd then laughed off the chants, adding: "I am causing them more problems right now than when I played!

Boyd's a big boy, he can handle it....the more he laughs at them the more they will get annoyed. The best way to deal with it IMO.

Scum is as scum does

Have to a wonder if he’ll throw a twitter tantrum like Sutton or Michael Stewart would?

Even though Boyd has far more grounds to do so as he’s a repeated victim of this, I expect he won’t, which goes to show how he’s a far more professional pundit than any of their cheerleaders

I thought we were done using the term sectarianism?

Shouldn’t this be described as vile anti-protestant bigotry and anti-British racism.

That’s how it works now is it not?
Just about to post likewise you are indeed correct .

I heard plenty of Fcuk the Queens today also.

Up to Boyd to stop giving them an out with this banter pish. Say it like they do, call them out as sectarian. Nobody else is going to, but they would if it was our fans.

Cop out from Boyd.

Compare to Steve Clarke who absolutely played to the gallery.

I get that Boyd won’t have the ingrained mentality of victimhood and oppression that they have but play the game.

They wouldn’t think twice of fûcking him out a job or likewise for a daft comment. Indeed they’ve already tried it numerous times.

So they never apologised for sectarian language, only for bad language.
It will go unchallenged as usual.

Remember when steve clarke at Kilmarnock brought it up in his post match presser, and lennon when at hibs/celtic.

Will we see the same attitude and criticism from the scottish media, news, politicians, pundits as we did for clarke and lennons abuse?

Its not even a question that needs answered. When secterianism happens to people associated with Rangers, its just banter.

Absolute joke

Those jovial wee fellas know fine well they have the full protection of a scum media.

Scotland's shame indeed.

It's all just banter if it's against us though.

If that was happening to Chris Sutton, the Country would stop, MSPs would be tweeting their thoughts, local councilors and eventually the first minister.

The difference is genuinely the mentality.

We laugh it off, they go full victim.
The problem is higher than that, it's an unwritten policy of the current scottish govt to other a section of society that doesn't agree with their separatist beliefs.

With their placemen and pr links to the media,it will never change until the whole political situation in the country changes.

That's why I dont condemn Rangers fans who give it back. Keep running,they'll keep chasing. Something that we've been doing for far too long.

That's the problem ?
We laugh it off.
The scum mentally challenged 19th Century Terrorist b'stard complain to their msp ,mp, councillors ,nbm, stv, bbc scot, mammy ,daddy and any other dick that will listen and "they" run with it for the next week

And there you go .

Tomorrows front page is sorted What say you .@sun @record?

It's all just banter if it's against us though.

If that was happening to Chris Sutton, the Country would stop, MSPs would be tweeting their thoughts, local councilors and eventually the first minister.

The difference is genuinely the mentality.

We laugh it off, they go full victim.
I also see people saying Boyd isn’t doing us any favours by laughing it off on TV but you’re spot on, it’s been ingrained into us for years to do just that. Shoe on the other foot, oh the injustice and discrimination they suffer!

Dornan on the case yet?

Back