Kris Boyd target of sectarian abuse from Celtic supporters

Could be wrong but wasn't that when he went back to killie
His manager hardly stuck up for him either
He was warming up, as a sub for Killie when the yahoos sang the cheer up chant at him. Walker on commentary laughed it off. 'He loves it.'

In the midweek, Rangers fans aimed the same chant at Boyd's manager, Clarke, in reverse.

Po faced Walker fresh from laughing off the chant at Boyd, sat solemn faced telling any fud willing to listen that this song could chase Clarke out of Scotland, and who could blame him?

Come a press conference at the end of the week, Clarke claimed he never heard the chants from yahoos aimed at his own player.

Boyd knows what side his bread is buttered on. If he says it's bigotry and sectarianism then Sky will not use him as a pundit on Celtic games.

Only on FF would the victim be criticised. Boyd’s reaction is not the story.

Talk of Sky, the yahoo support, the sectarian industry, certain journalists & politicians, the hypocrisy and much more.

But you go for Boyd!?

It’s a thing in Scotland though, believing that sectarian language and songs about paramilitaries etc are just “football banter”. Very strange

If no one does anything about it and just sits moaning on here then why would they do anything about it?

I’ve literally heard people refer to the Irish tri colour as a celtic flag when in Scotland. Utterly bizarre but again so is the fact families there can have children that support both clubs

SKY SPORTS were forced to apologise during pre-match coverage of their match between Dundee United and Celtic after Kris Boyd was targeted with sectarian abuse.

The Rangers hero was in the studio alongside Shaun Maloney and John Rankin and was the subject of sectarian chants from within the stadium.

Boyd responded to the sickening songs saying: "It is nice to see my supporters club are in today. I am really enjoying it."
Presenter Mark Benstead then said: "Apologies if you can pick up any bad language behind us at the moment."

Boyd then laughed off the chants, adding: "I am causing them more problems right now than when I played!

"They never used to sing about me when I played against them."
You never got many minutes playing against them Kris.They never knew you.:p

Ffs the size of ears on that!!
The baldy bastard in front too thinking its 'only a wee giggle'.

What would be sweet sweet justice is if Rangers pump that shower of scum on 2nd Jan to go 7 points clear at the top of the table and go onto win the league.

Celtic = Scotland's shame since 1888....

Where is that cretin who is conducting that anti Irish report???? Can add the anti protestant investigation to it too.

He was warming up, as a sub for Killie when the yahoos sang the cheer up chant at him. Walker on commentary laughed it off. 'He loves it.'

In the midweek, Rangers fans aimed the same chant at Boyd's manager, Clarke, in reverse.

Po faced Walker fresh from laughing off the chant at Boyd, sat solemn faced telling any fud willing to listen that this song could chase Clarke out of Scotland, and who could blame him?

Come a press conference at the end of the week, Clarke claimed he never heard the chants from yahoos aimed at his own player.
Thought that

SKY SPORTS were forced to apologise during pre-match coverage of their match between Dundee United and Celtic after Kris Boyd was targeted with sectarian abuse.

The Rangers hero was in the studio alongside Shaun Maloney and John Rankin and was the subject of sectarian chants from within the stadium.

Boyd responded to the sickening songs saying: "It is nice to see my supporters club are in today. I am really enjoying it."
Presenter Mark Benstead then said: "Apologies if you can pick up any bad language behind us at the moment."

Boyd then laughed off the chants, adding: "I am causing them more problems right now than when I played!

No idea which fans were involved after reading that :oops:

No idea which fans were involved after reading that :oops:
Just shows how much of a backwards country we live in and the distane they give scottish football imo

Imagine the epl pundits laughing at bigotry

Reactions: SSR
Only on FF would the victim be criticised. Boyd’s reaction is not the story.

Talk of Sky, the yahoo support, the sectarian industry, certain journalists & politicians, the hypocrisy and much more.

But you go for Boyd!?
Read the post I replied to and get the context of it.

Boyd's a big boy, he can handle it....the more he laughs at them the more they will get annoyed. The best way to deal with it IMO.
It may be the best way for Kris Boyd to deal with it but everybody looking in and seeing this should condemn this unless they support this behaviour? In todays times this should not be ignored and dealt with approximately!

Nothing else will be said or done, the big brush will be out, he really does live rent free in their heads though

It may be the best way for Kris Boyd to deal with it but everybody looking in and seeing this should condemn this unless they support this behaviour? In todays times this should not be ignored and dealt with approximately!
If anyone thinks boyd wasn't bothered about it is deluded

Hes hardly gonna start moaning and do himself out a decent gig with sky

Perhaps Boyd should have expressed offence to it in the same manner Steve Clarke did.
Making jokes about it is exactly what they want him to do.

If anyone thinks boyd wasn't bothered about it is deluded

Hes hardly gonna start moaning and do himself out a decent gig with sky
Maybe its about a gig idk? Saying that is the way someone deals with it doesn't mean it is not hurting inside and it should not be ignored by those against it! Will we hear anything from HUMMING USELESS SNP, DORNAN SNP, NBM or any the others up in arms at the slightest hint of what they call catholic hatred?

Boydy has got well under their skin and he loves it. Keep up the good work.
Still a shower of Paedo , terrorist loving scum though.

We had Steve Clarke calling out the abuse he got and even telling us it was evidence of why he chose to raise his family in England, away from sectarian hatred.

Then we have Kris Boyd laughing and making a joke about it, that's the difference. The only one who looked very uneasy about it there was Shaun Maloney.

Maybe its about a gig idk? Saying that is the way someone deals with it doesn't mean it is not hurting inside and it should not be ignored by those against it! Will we hear anything from HUMMING USELESS SNP, DORNAN SNP, NBM or any the others up in arms at the slightest hint of what they call catholic hatred?
I said he will not be showing his real feelings
No way should it be laughed off especially by the pundits

Sky should be highlighting this on there news channel

When this happens, we need to call it out!
Ignoring it or laughing it off as banter only plays into the hands of the professionally offended and allows them to continue to control language and control the narrative.
The Sky pundits should have called it out and the usual Cabal of politician's and media hysterics
should be called upon to explain their silence and selective ability to be offended.

If Rangers fans had chanted FB to Walker we would already have been subjected to meltdowns from Stewart, Dorman, NBM etc

The one sided agenda laid bare again.

Call it all out.

You're right and it would be a massive news story for the rest of the week. Nil By Mouth and others are very selective with their hearing when it comes to sectarianism.

Charlie Adam got the same sad orange B song a few weeks ago and not a word was said. In fact, I saw them discussing him getting stick from Celtic fans on PLZ and it was all a great laugh.

We had Steve Clarke calling out the abuse he got and even telling us it was evidence of why he chose to raise his family in England, away from sectarian hatred.

Then we have Kris Boyd laughing and making a joke about it, that's the difference. The only one who looked very uneasy about it there was Shaun Maloney.
Maloney would look uneasy if you showed him a pineapple and asked him what it was.

What happened today to Kris Boyd was nothing other than anti British racism. I know he's laughing it off as though nothing has happened, but it still needs to be highlighted for what it is. If I was in Kris' shoes, I'd happily refuse to work for Sky on games involving them. Somehow though, I don't think he will because he enjoys situations that show just how utterly disgusting the supporters of that club are, which is a very worthwhile occupation.

Boyd was wrong to laugh it off he should have said it was disgusting and no place for that behaviour, and played the victim, what they do, but I am sure what he said was, I am not orange, if you are dishing it out you should be able to take it back, or words to that affect.
He made light of it and that was wrong
Yip totally agree

He could have made it VERY awkward in there, and rightly so.

Missed a big chance there boydy.

They were also sing North men South men comrades all soon they'll be no Protestants at all. If that's not sectarian WTF is?

Scanning through this looking for comments from NBM and call it out,Am i looking on the wrong thread.

What happened today to Kris Boyd was nothing other than anti British racism. I know he's laughing it off as though nothing has happened, but it still needs to be highlighted for what it is. If I was in Kris' shoes, I'd happily refuse to work for Sky on games involving them. Somehow though, I don't think he will because he enjoys situations that show just how utterly disgusting the supporters of that club are, which is a very worthwhile occupation.
Wrong.

It was anti Protestant as your average yahoo equates every protestant to be in the Orange Order. Orange bastard = Protestant bastard.

Back