Kris Boyd target of sectarian abuse from Celtic supporters

Jeannette findlay is a lecturer at Glasgow university. This bigot earns good money in the country by teaching young minds who are buying into it.

As I posted earlier, being part of a minority in western countries these days gets you a bit of leeway, that the majority don't get.

It's been this way since political correctness came into play and has now came to this. That's where we are folks and I have no idea how to turn it round. Anybody in a position within politics or media who speaks up against it, will be cancelled as an extreme right winger. It's got that bad, that beast aitken calls a labour leader talking to union reps right wing and gets away with it.

People on here having a go at kris boyd are wrong. Why should he lose out, we all allowed this to happen for fear of being called out for it.

This is when the usual suspect’s arguements fall down when they say sectarianism is all one way.
It’s not as if they can say “allegedly” on this occasion, as it’s all there courtesy of the Sky coverage.

I’m disappointed in Boyd’s response to it because it doesn’t help highlight it by referring to it as banter
I agree to an extent, you can bet your mortgage that had that been "The Lurgan Bigot", for instance, on the receiving end the victim card would have been out like a flash.

I get why Boyd has chosen to laugh it off, but it only encourages the half wits.

Celtic fans attack a Rangers pub on a Saturday afternoon, Barry Mackay is hit with a bottle, Kris Boyd is subjected to sectarian abuse.
What will it actually take for the politicians of Scotland and the Police force to decide that enough is enough and action must be taken?
And, as yet, the usual pro-Roman Catholic lickspittles from charities, anti-sectarian groups and members of government say NOTHING

This is akin to ethnic cleansing condoned by the SNP-led administration.

Nazi-ism by stealth

That Sky sports journalist Anthony Joseph would have an article out in a heartbeat if a film of a couple of pissed up Neds on a Rangers supporters bus came to light is strangely quiet today.
It would seem the Omerta over filth fans behaviour is way more important than supporting a Sky sports colleague.
Ask him why that is the case on Twitter if you have it.

I’m disappointed in Boyd’s response to it because it doesn’t help highlight it by referring to it as banter
Think that was tongue in cheek mate. Last time it happened didn't Walker describe it as 'banter' and say KB was loving it?

To my mind Boyd's comments highlighted the chanting whilst simultaneously calling out Walker/Sky. Well played by the big man.

Just seen and heard it its a disgrace was non stop how kris isn't calling this out is madness no way is this ever banner ,it's sectarian bile

I agree to an extent, you can bet your mortgage that had that been "The Lurgan Bigot", for instance, on the receiving end the victim card would have been out like a flash.

I get why Boyd has chosen to laugh it off, but it only encourages the half wits.

A coin thrown from the crowd brushed against Lennon's coat at Tynecastle and there were condemnations at Holyrood from politicians. A Hearts player has coins thrown at him and also struck by a bottle at the Piggery, and the political silence is deafening.

I won't state my thoughts on it. One of the wee power hungry admin on here will no doubt try shut me down again.
Must get leathered off his wife/husband

You're right and it would be a massive news story for the rest of the week. Nil By Mouth and others are very selective with their hearing when it comes to sectarianism.

Charlie Adam got the same sad orange B song a few weeks ago and not a word was said. In fact, I saw them discussing him getting stick from Celtic fans on PLZ and it was all a great laugh.

Spot on Walter.

Adam did, 100%. I heard it on the radio that day.

The response of a normal human being. Anyone who pretends their offended by stuff like that on either side is either extremely soft or lying.

I’m not going to blame Boyd for being honest and not playing the sad game Scottish football has begun.

The response of a normal human being. Anyone who pretends their offended by stuff like that on either side is either extremely soft or lying.

I’m not going to blame Boyd for being honest and not playing the sad game Scottish football has begun.
By saying 'begun' you are implying this is a relatively new thing. It is far from it.

Just remember, when sectarian words were not used by our players in their title celebrations, it drew the attention of high ranking politicians, tv stations and newspapers.

Now that Kris Boyd has been targeted with sectarian abuse, live on TV, I wonder what 'll read/see/hear in the coming days...
The Scottish government applauding the wonderful behaviour of the poor Celtc fans at Dundee?

Was it not andy Walker on commentary a few seasons ago saying “Boyd loves it” during a game when he was getting sectarian abuse

It’s only serious when words are said against them.

Selectarianism
This was the week before or the week after Rangers fans berated Clarke causing all sorts of consternation in the msm in particular.
A consternation that was absent when Boyd was the victim.

Compare to Steve Clarke who absolutely played to the gallery.

I get that Boyd won’t have the ingrained mentality of victimhood and oppression that they have but play the game.

They wouldn’t think twice of fûcking him out a job or likewise for a daft comment. Indeed they’ve already tried it numerous times.
This, unfortunately, is our problem.
It is unnatural for us to play the victim card at every opportunity and, until we change this, we’ll be on the losing side of this.

The iraoke was in full swing from before the game to well after it when back in the studio they are an absolute disgrace and should have the book thrown at them for that today.

a rancid club with worse fans.
We get slagged off for our songs snd there are one or two but never heard such a constant barrage of political and religious bile as at tannadice today. It was 90 mins of Roman Catholics, FTQ, IRA. A sectarian club from birth.

Only on FF would the victim be criticised. Boyd’s reaction is not the story.

Talk of Sky, the yahoo support, the sectarian industry, certain journalists & politicians, the hypocrisy and much more.

But you go for Boyd!?
We often tell victims that they cannot change the mindset of people unless they drive it by highlighting and reporting it.

I don’t really blame Boyd he can take it,I want to hear the opinion of all these anti sectarian organisations and individuals who are appalled at other offensive songs and chants,

It may be the best way for Kris Boyd to deal with it but everybody looking in and seeing this should condemn this unless they support this behaviour? In todays times this should not be ignored and dealt with approximately!
This is the answer.
How many times recently, have we been told it doesn’t matter that the intended victim isn’t offended.
The offence has still happened and is being acted upon.
Thats what we’re told.
That is what should be happening with this incident today.

Boyd's a big boy, he can handle it....the more he laughs at them the more they will get annoyed. The best way to deal with it IMO.
You're entitled to your opinion .....but it doesn't really help ...it is slowly getting worse because nobody ( Boyd included) are calling the Green Brigade out ...Today's shameful scenes / display are the worst I've heard for decades and it's down to not bothering about it . Sky didn't even bother to turn down the level of abuse , in particular the insult to Her Majesty the Queen , Walker somehow managed to become mute during the ira repertoire going on. There should be repercussions , but as usual it will pass as if it never happened , because people like you will just laugh it off.. Their behaviour is simply an act of defiance to the appointment of the former Police commander to their board . there's no doubt about that. Celtc have created a major problem in cowtowing to the Green Brigade ,in past clashes with Lawell , and it should be up to them along with the authorities to fix it , and not just to laugh it off.

Back