Kris Boyd

bluenizzy

After Rangers:

Kris Boyd signed for Rangers in 2006 in a £500k deal from Kilmarnock. He would go on to have two spells at Ibrox, winning many trophies and breaking many goal scoring records. He left for the final time in 2015.

Kris Boyd

Rangers (190 apps/127 goals)
- 08/09 & 09/10 Premier League
- 07/08 & 08/09 Scottish Cup
- 07/08 & 09/10 League Cup
- 07/08 UEFA Cup Runner Up
- 06/07, 08/09 & 09/10 PL Top Goalscorer
- 10 Scottish Premier League Golden Boot
Middlesbrough (29 apps/6 goals)
Nottingham Forest - Loan (12 apps/6 goals)
Eskisehirspor (2 apps)
Portland Timbers (27 apps/7 goals)
Kilmarnock (46 apps/25 goals)
Rangers (45 apps/10 goals)
Kilmarnock (128 apps/44 goals)
- 17/18 Premier League Top Goalscorer
Scotland (18 caps/7 goals)
- 2006 Kirin Cup
- Top Goalscorer in Premier League History

Boyd retired from playing in 2019. He now works as a football pundit for Sky Sports.

Are you going to reply like that for all of these posts?
Boyd was something we could use now. A very good spl scorer. Generally dreadful in Europe, but he didn't need to play in those games. (Still can't believe the Villareal miss though). Also, makes me laugh when he winds them up on BT.

Boyd was something we could use now. A very good spl scorer. Generally dreadful in Europe, but he didn't need to play in those games. (Still can't believe the Villareal miss though). Also, makes me laugh when he winds them up on BT.

I've not seen any others like the OP tbf.

Great goalscorer fist time around but not so many second time but that was due to manager using him as a target man instead of striker.

I am enjoying his lockdown interviews at the moment and everything he does for mental health charities.

As a footballer I loved him first time round, give me a lazy player that can score like him any time.

For some reason i expected this thread to say “could he do a job for us this season?” When i opened it, suns went to ma heed

I am still convinced his goals came at the detriment of the team's overall performance and we'd have been better served with a more rounded player.

scored so many goals and won a couple leagues with us, but I Certainly think he should have achieved more.

His natural goalscoring ability is unquestionable, yet if he had the work ethic and drive to improve that Kenny Miller had, he really could have went to the very highest level after he left Ibrox.

I am still convinced his goals came at the detriment of the team's overall performance and we'd have been better served with a more rounded player.
Given that we won leagues, cups etc during his time here I reckon your wrong!

First time around he was terrific, an absolute goal machine.
Just lazy, hence why he was used sparingly in Europe.

Only 1 against Celtic but ironically scored a good few against us.

Great goalscorer in his first spell.

Given that we won leagues, cups etc during his time here I reckon your wrong!

First time around he was terrific, an absolute goal machine.
Just lazy, hence why he was used sparingly in Europe.

I know where you're coming from and I'll definitely be in the minority, but honestly, going from him to Jelavic was like trading in a Ford Nova for a Ferrari. A fantastic signing all things considered, yet his style of play just never won me over. This despite all the goals.

I know where you're coming from and I'll definitely be in the minority, but honestly, going from him to Jelavic was like trading in a Ford Nova for a Ferrari. A fantastic signing all things considered, yet his style of play just never won me over. This despite all the goals.
I don’t suppose you used to sit in front of me in GF6 mate?!

During Boyds first spell the guy in front of me hated him, he got dogs abuse, even if he scored two the guy would be grumbling that he could have had a hat trick if he wasn’t so lazy etc!

Boyd frustrated the living daylights out of me but you can't argue with goals and he got an absolute shitload of them.

There was a period around the time he claimed the SPL record where he was looking much leaner and was getting more involved in our play to good effect and I was delighted. That didn't last very long but I suppose he just wasn't that type of player.

I don’t suppose you used to sit in front of me in GF6 mate?!

During Boyds first spell the guy in front of me hated him, he got dogs abuse, even if he scored two the guy would be grumbling that he could have had a hat trick if he wasn’t so lazy etc!

Haha, that sounds exactly like me! Some of the arguments he caused on here were legendary.

First memory of him was playing against him at school football in S2. We lost 7-3 and he scored all 7!

Loved goals all the way through his career.

The French striker they’re touting for mega millions just now has 3 goals in Europe this season one of them a penalty a Poor
record like Boyds

Boyd was never valued at £20 million for scoring goals in Scottish football so why should Eduardo

mentally challengeds don’t like this stat being pointed out to them

Strikers are usually judged by how they perform in Europe not against Motherwell and St Mirren unless they’re wearing a mentally challengeds strip.

Boyd first time round was a great goalscorer for Rangers domestically

I like Kris Boyd and he is doing okay in the media.
Good first spell but 2nd spell he was overweight and overpaid.

Back