Kris Boyd

I'm not sure how bright Boydy is. He seems short on grey matter when I've seen him on commentary and some of the comments ascribed to him in the print media have him coming across as knocking us. I conclude that he's just out of his depth intellectually at times. He's also lost that lightning pace he once had :rolleyes:

Yeah, because that throw away comment makes up for him constantly slagging off Rangers and everything that they done for the past year so he can get a 50 quid payment for a paper column.

I'd say more but I don't want to 'unsettle' him in case he's reading.
I'm glad that Rangers men like Boyd arent sycophants like Celtic men and actually have the balls to have their own mind.

It seems to be that many Rangers supporters want people like Boyd to be exactly what they criticise others like Hartson and Sutton for being.

I don’t agree with everything KB says, but I would rather he gave his own opinion that pander to some on here who think he should only say good things about the club and how it’s run.
He goes too far sometimes, but no worse than some of the staunchest bears on here.
That said, he could keep some of the vile to himself.
And we could give credit where its due and make this a 20 pager like any other thread on one of his digs.

I'm glad that Rangers men like Boyd arent sycophants like Celtic men and actually have the balls to have their own mind.

It seems to be that many Rangers supporters want people like Boyd to be exactly what they criticise others like Hartson and Sutton for being.

I've not got a problem with anyone criticising our club when warrantied. Spouting absolute lies about us being the only club in Scotland who won't pay what a player is worth, being the only club who to do it, and constantly upsetting other players? That's giving haters a large stick to hit us with for no reason other that getting himself some attention. Nah, not for me.

Boyd, like most of the media, changes his opinion to suit whatever bandwagon is currently in ascendency.

He's had plenty of unfair, untrue and general suck-up comments spouted about us to curry favour with his paymasters and new friends. Now that's we're doing well he's doing his best to piggyback.

It's amazing when he comes out with something decent folk crowd round to say "Dunno why he gets such a hard time - big bluenose is Boydy!". :rolleyes:

I've not got a problem with anyone criticising our club when warrantied. Spouting absolute lies about us being the only club in Scotland who won't pay what a player is worth, being the only club who to do it, and constantly upsetting other players? That's giving haters a large stick to hit us with for no reason other that getting himself some attention. Nah, not for me.
That's fair enough I never said I agreed with everything he said but attacks against former players and lifelong Rangers supporters like Boyd and McCoist seems to be well out of balance.

He's laughing at Celtic and that warms ma wee heart a little.

We are all laughing at Celtic, two years of shouting their mouths off, and completely ignoring their CL record, another CL defeat and its straight to crisis mode. Effin lunatics, they really believe they should win every game ever.

Boyd, like most of the media, changes his opinion to suit whatever bandwagon is currently in ascendency.

He's had plenty of unfair, untrue and general suck-up comments spouted about us to curry favour with his paymasters and new friends. Now that's we're doing well he's doing his best to piggyback.

It's amazing when he comes out with something decent folk crowd round to say "Dunno why he gets such a hard time - big bluenose is Boydy!". :rolleyes:
Your comment is self contradictory. Why would he attack Rangers to curry favour with his "new friends" then attack Celtic to curry favour with those same new friend as Rangers are now in the ascendency. Are you saying that those in the media are now pro Rangers and anti Celtic? Your comment seems to suggest so which could of fooled me as the same media is still spouting the same anti Rangers pish.

Maybe he's just a bit of an over opinionated arsehole that talks shite sometimes and that's about it?

Your comment is self contradictory. Why would he attack Rangers to curry favour with his "new friends" then attack Celtic to curry favour with those same new friend as Rangers are now in the ascendency. Are you saying that those in the media are now pro Rangers and anti Celtic? Your comment seems to suggest so which could of fooled me as the same media is still spouting the same anti Rangers pish.

Maybe he's just a bit of an over opinionated arsehole that talks shite sometimes and that's about it?

You're overthinking what I said:
  • When he talks shit about us, particularly when we are down - he's playing to the gallery (his employers and the spuds).
  • When we are doing well he suddenly flops back to Boyd the Rangers man - playing to the gallery (us).

Appeasing both, but not at the same time.

You're overthinking what I said:
  • When he talks shit about us, particularly when we are down - he's playing to the gallery (his employers and the spuds).
  • When we are doing well he suddenly flops back to Boyd the Rangers man - playing to the gallery (us).

Appeasing both, but not at the same time.
I'm not over thinking it I'm simply responding to what you said. It makes no sense to say he's currying favour with his new anti rangers friends by attacking Celtic.

Like I said - maybe he just talks shite sometimes, can be a bit of an arsehole and over opinionated. Nothing more nothing less. No big conspiracy.

He has never hidden the fact that he supports Rangers. Like I said I don't agree with everything he says I don't even particularly like the guy personally but he's still a blue nose and he's still a Rangers goal scoring legend and that counts more to me than what he says good or bad in a shite rag.

Maybe a bit more balance is needed when it comes to former players in general.

As much as I can’t wait to revel in their karma when the time comes. The time hasn’t come yet.

I don’t want to highlight and mock their deficiencies until it’s too late for them to do anything about it.

Doubt Clarke would be happy if he had a dig at us in the press, the day before we play them. Let's see how long it lasts before we get the bunting out.

Kris Boyd is from Tarbolton in Ayrshire which has a long standing mutual friendship with my hometown of Carrickfergus, when he was a young fella at Killie we couldn't wait til he signed for Rangers, he was always signing for Rangers.
He signed and was fantastic, Roy of the Rovers stuff.
He went away then came back and he was keek. Owed us nothing as he had earned the Legend tokens.
Started tv and newspaper work and became a mhedia whore.

No Fairytale Ending for the boy made good.

I don’t agree with everything KB says, but I would rather he gave his own opinion that pander to some on here who think he should only say good things about the club and how it’s run.

I’d like to see his own opinion too. Sadly he’s paid to churn out negative puff pieces on us. Too bad really.

Boyd is only a Bear when it suits him

Fair and balanced criticism is welcomed but controversial comments just to appease paymasters then it’s not

Boyd gets a mixed reaction and rightly so. He was an out and out wage thief his second spell with us. Some people cannot see past his first spell with us.

I suppose if the late great Eddie Turnbull had still been around and asked for his thoughts on Boyd's talents as a fitba' pundit he would have declared that unfortunately all his brains are in his feet.
I cringe when he spouts forth with "a lot of pish" which leaves the rest of the panel trying their best not to say.........."and Chris your point is?"
In days gone by Boyd would never have been acceptable as a pundit on hospital radio let alone Sky.....he's totally out of his depth and an embarrassment to all concerned.

That's fair enough I never said I agreed with everything he said but attacks against former players and lifelong Rangers supporters like Boyd and McCoist seems to be well out of balance.

He's laughing at Celtic and that warms ma wee heart a little.
McCoist’s refusal to vote harmed the club, helping the wigs and that’s before we get to the disasterous job he did in the Manager’s seat.

“Six months ago you are trying to get Derek McInnes, tried and tested in Scotland, knows the game inside out, and six months later you are away down the road trying to get a youth coach.

“No disrespect to Steven Gerrard, but at this moment in time that’s what he is.

“I don’t think there is a clear direction or plan of where the club wants to go.

“It seems as if they are trying to grab everything to see if what you grab works rather than having a plan, a structure.

“I still don’t know what (director of football) Mark Allen is doing. It would be interesting to see what’s gone on in there with him.

“I think the Rangers fans would want to know exactly what’s going on.

“If you are the director of football and you try to bring in a manager who has been over the course and distance, knows exactly what is going on in Scotland, then all of a sudden you are going to Liverpool to take their youth coach, it doesn’t add up.

“There needs to be a plan and direction and at this moment in time I don’t think anybody knows.”

“It pretty much sums it up as there’s a common theme the whole time.

“There is one club unsettling everybody. If they want players, then pay the money and come and take them.

“We all know how football works. If a deal has been agreed and Jordan is happy with it, then go and pay the price to the football club.

“Jamie Walker was the exact same. There’s a list — and we could go on and on.

“Six months ago you are trying to get Derek McInnes, tried and tested in Scotland, knows the game inside out, and six months later you are away down the road trying to get a youth coach.

“I don’t think there is a clear direction or plan of where the club wants to go.

“It seems as if they are trying to grab everything to see if what you grab works rather than having a plan, a structure.

“I still don’t know what (director of football) Mark Allen is doing. It would be interesting to see what’s gone on in there with him.

“If you are the director of football and you try to bring in a manager who has been over the course and distance, knows exactly what is going on in Scotland, then all of a sudden you are going to Liverpool to take their youth coach, it doesn’t add up.

“There needs to be a plan and direction and at this moment in time I don’t think anybody knows.”
:D:D:D:D What say you now, Kris?

You'd think at one point, instead of making themselves look like idiots further down the line at least ONE pundit would have said to himself:

"You know what...Gerrard, as a player, did everything he could to become the best player he could be. And what a leader he was, he commanded respect. AND he's worked under some incredible managers. MAYBE, just maybe, this might work."

Instead we got the usual tripe from the usual suspects. Can't wait for Gerrard to shove these articles down their fat necks.

That is pretty much what loads of guys on here were saying as well.

You'd think at one point, instead of making themselves look like idiots further down the line at least ONE pundit would have said to himself:

"You know what...Gerrard, as a player, did everything he could to become the best player he could be. And what a leader he was, he commanded respect. AND he's worked under some incredible managers. MAYBE, just maybe, this might work."

Instead we got the usual tripe from the usual suspects. Can't wait for Gerrard to shove these articles down their fat necks.

Agree.

My simplistic view was it would either work brilliantly or fail.

Then there are pros and cons of him underneath that (not going over but Dave king was right when he said he pretty much ticked all boxes bar one)

Any journo worthy would’ve gone over all that; highlighting knows standards, big club experience etc

Back