Kris Commons gives Shane Duffy a Celtic pasting as 'rank rotten' defender told he's not in Efe Ambrose's league

HamiltonBear

It strikes me that for a number of years now, septic supporters and pundits have been obsessed more focused on us than their own side. It is now a dawn of realisation that they have been going backwards which has been blindingly obvious to the rest of the football World.
The piece on Midtjylland, posted on here was a bit of an eye opener. Along the lines of when they won the league last year by 14 points everyone assumed that they had become massively better. Turns out their stats were around the same, it was Copenhagen had regressed.

I think we have seriously strengthened but this year they look to be going backwards. Let's hope for the same outcome here.

billyblue7425

Him being 28 doesn't really surprise me to be honest. He is a gypsy after all and even when they are in their teens they look like they are in their late 30s, they remind me of the Saudi U16s team when Scotland U16s played them in the late 80s. For the younger Bears, google that match and you will see players that look like grown men against our young team.

Last edited:

david1982

I’m not so sure. All of the potential flaws were there before he came here - and highlighted by a good few on this forum. He is in his late 20s. The mistakes he is making are ingrained in his game. He won’t suddenly develop pace. He won’t be a great reader of the game, and he will always be a terrible fit for a team that has the majority of possession, plays on the front foot and needs to shut down counter attacks.

A football bum like me on a forum could see he was not capable of playing either in a 2 or a 3 at the back as he has no recovery pace and he cant distribute the ball.

He is a backs to the walls deep centre back who can head the ball and that's about it. Any team he with pace who they press high against will tear them apart as we have seen every week now since he signed for them.

Their recruitment is all over the shop and they have gotten away with it for years due to not being challenged, the first sign of a vastly improved Rangers destroying them in their own midden and its carnage.

cloodie

Let's take a moment to reflect on the 'wise' words of Davie Provan when he signed

:p

Talktalk

He should be in the peak of his career at 28 how did he manage to command such a wage? He looks terrible what I've seen of him crazy money down south he looks like a Scottish first division defender:)
He has been caught out at the pace of the game up here, in England and International football he has time to get himself into a better starting position, it’s obvious that he can’t think fast and when his brain has just processed one situation another starts right away with him in no mans land.

His wages are low for a player in the EPL where obscene amounts are being paid, I would imagine most of EPL players are cash millionaires after a few years .

Orange Peel

I
Him being 28 doesn't really surprise me to be honest. He is a gypsy after all and even when they are in their teens they look like they are in their late 30s, they remind me of the Saudi U16s team when Scotland U16s played them in the late 80s. For the yonger Bears, google that match and you will see players that look like grown men against our young team.
I was at that game. They had beards and moustaches, unbelievable.
That was just the girls team...

cornholio

"Listen, he's a proven operator in the English Premier League"

Firstly, anyone who continually writes like this 'listen' needs baws to be toed

Secondly (and I even took the effort to look this up) - he played 12 games before coming North

A proven operator, I feel, this does not make

A seagull supporting fellow I know loved him in the championship, but now feels sad about him being so found out.

Soldier1981

Like other posters above I can't believe this guys only 28. I think I could give him a horrible 45 mins and I'm fast approaching 40 and not kicked a ball properly in almost 20 years. How on earth did this guy make it down south and also at an international level?

Reactions: TQ3

Fothyman

Their usual friends in the media starting to turn. Been a few negative articles about them and Lennon recently. Hope it continues for a while yet

albop

alot of posters on this board were shitting themselves when they signed him also

the guys rank rotten

irvine96

I think celtic should pull out all the stops and keep him and hopefully make the deal permanent.
Remember he want to plays for the club he supports :))

theredwhiteandblue

This is all very pleasing.

Duffy is clearly a donkey, spectacular admission if he gets dropped. Expect him to pick up an injury in training, keeping him out.

hopefully a pasting from Lille mid week is on the cards and it suddenly seems like an age since their last win.

PunkScott

If you only listened to the commentary of the Old Firm game, you'd think Duffy was man of the match because he seemed to get his full name said every few moments.

Long may his shitness continue and we can add him to the expensive flops that were Bellamy, Keane, Junihno, Camara, Ljungberg et al.

mark hateley

Official Ticketer
Doofy is a haddy.

I think the game against us, milan and aberdeen have shown this.

Imagine coming from a mid table premiership team and with reasonable credibility to thinking it's a walk in the park up here.

I love it.

LetsGo

They have a bit of a dilemma with this lump now.

A big loan fee and huge wages to bring him up here and “guarantee the 10” as they all told us at the time. He’s now costing them goals on an almost weekly basis.

Let’s just hope TLB continues to stick with him.

Same with their £4.5m keeper...... Bain is second rate at best, conceded 3 to the sheep, hasn't played much football recently - do they stick with him for the EL and SCSF or go back to the nervous looking overpriced diddy import and hope he comes good?

Carlton The Bear

Same with their £4.5m keeper...... Bain is second rate at best, conceded 3 to the sheep, hasn't played much football recently - do they stick with him for the EL and SCSF or go back to the nervous looking overpriced diddy import and hope he comes good?
Depends if Barney has found his balls yet after Diddy booted him in them.

change consent