Kris Commons gives Shane Duffy a Celtic pasting as 'rank rotten' defender told he's not in Efe Ambrose's league

Wait a minute....Duffy is only 28??? F*cking hell. Thought he was near retirement. He's had a tough life obviously.
Earnings £40,000 a week he won’t have a hard retirement, when you think of some brilliant players who have had to take a real job in the past to feed their families

Complacency I'd say, he's came up here thinking it would be a stroll and he's been found out big time.
I’m not so sure. All of the potential flaws were there before he came here - and highlighted by a good few on this forum. He is in his late 20s. The mistakes he is making are ingrained in his game. He won’t suddenly develop pace. He won’t be a great reader of the game, and he will always be a terrible fit for a team that has the majority of possession, plays on the front foot and needs to shut down counter attacks.

Thing is, he wasn’t a well thought-of premiership defender.

He’s a joke figure for one of the worst teams in the premiership, and importantly they let him go

Duffy has the scruffy look of a man who drinks too much, like a fried breakfast and rolls out of bed straight to training. About as athletic as a junior footballer. The turning circle of an oil tanker.

When he signed folk were saying the word from Brighton was he was out on the lash all the time

Going by his performances so far that would appear to have some truth to it.

Don't know whats shocked me more, how terrible a defender he is or the fact he's 28 years old!

lady's front bottom looks and plays like a 40 something.

The 28-year-old's nightmare loan continued on Sunday as he was badly at fault for Aberdeen's second goal in the thrilling 3-3 draw at Pittodrie.

Disappointed Kris Commons has ripped Shane Duffy to shreds and told the toiling defender he's no Efe Ambrose.
The 28-year-old's nightmare Celtic loan continued on Sunday as he was badly at fault for Aberdeen's second goal in the thrilling 3-3 draw at Pittodrie.
Duffy fronted up before the game but his latest slapstick display has supporters worried with the Hoops in desperate need of a win after defeats to Milan and Rangers.
His gaffes have led to comparisons with former Lennon stalwart Ambrose, who himself endured some high-profile errors in green and white.

But Commons reckons any comparison between Duffy and the former Nigeria international are well wide of the mark.
Speaking to the Daily Mail. he said: "Duffy just looks like an accident waiting to happen. A bomb scare and that's a criticism which used to be levelled at my old teammate Efe Ambrose.

"But I tell you what. On current form, I'd take Efe over Duffy all day long.

"He could be outstanding on his day, like he was in the Champions League victory against Barcelona in 2012.
"Yeah, okay, he took too many chances and sometimes made supporters nervous. But at least with Efe you knew there was a player in there.
"He was quick, had great recovery pace, great athleticism and he could bring the ball out from the back.

"I've not seen any of that yet from Duffy. He's been rank rotten from the minute he walked through the door.
"Listen, he's a proven operator in the English Premier League. At 28 years old, there's still a chance that he might come good eventually.
"But he needs to get himself up to speed and sharpish. With so much riding on this season, Celtic can't afford to be carrying any passengers."

And Commons reckons yesterday's high drama in the closing stages at Pittdorie means his former boss Neil Lennon will be acutely aware that the next week could lead to some uncomfortable questions.
The Hoops face Lille on Thursday in the Europa League before a return clash with Aberdeen in next weekend's rearranged Scottish Cup semi-final.
Commons added: "If Celtic end up getting turned over in those two games, I genuinely feel Lennon will be in serious danger of losing his job this time next week.
"Deep down, he will probably know that himself. If avoiding defeat yesterday managed to stave off a full-blown crisis, he will know he's not out of the woods yet.
"He's still under major pressure in this season where, in the eyes of Celtic supporters, every single dropped point merits at least a government inquiry.
"What would help Lennon's cause, mind you, is if his star centre-back started doing what was asked of him."

Ambrose is a big diddy and commons in his words is way off the mark by trying to defend him and deflecting his criticism of duffy. As somebody previously posted , mentally challenged only signed him because he has a wolftones c.d.in the house .

It strikes me that for a number of years now, septic supporters and pundits have been obsessed more focused on us than their own side. It is now a dawn of realisation that they have been going backwards which has been blindingly obvious to the rest of the football World.

I have no sympathy for anything remotely related to that Mhob.

However, whilst I take great delight in their current predicament, I have a degree of sympathy for Duffy. He, like anyone of us has wanted to play for the team he has supported as a boy presumably. Nothing wrong with that.

Quite honestly though that attack by Commons provides an insight into how quickly they can turn on their own. To be frank, they don't give a %^*& about TIAR its all about getting it right up Sevco. And woe betide anyone who might get in the way of that.

There was less of an inquest about going out of the CL. 10 is all that matters. If we can maintain our form and keep the pressure on they will fucking collapse. The actions of the hordes that support will see to that. Commons is just reverting to type and I would be thoroughly ashamed of an ex player who so severely criticised a current Rangers professional.

If Commons has a problem, it has to be with those that recommended Duffy, those that sanctioned the financial package and ultimately those that continue to pick him.

Still waiting for Sheridan's next video. :-D

I know he's an ex Selik player but I don't mind Kris Commons and I get the impression he is no fan of Neil Lennon.

Earnings £40,000 a week he won’t have a hard retirement, when you think of some brilliant players who have had to take a real job in the past to feed their families
He should be in the peak of his career at 28 how did he manage to command such a wage? He looks terrible what I've seen of him crazy money down south he looks like a Scottish first division defender:)

That's the type of put down that would stop any bheast dead in their tracks. Imagine being rated as more of a bomb-scare than Bambi on ice. :))

It strikes me that for a number of years now, septic supporters and pundits have been obsessed more focused on us than their own side. It is now a dawn of realisation that they have been going backwards which has been blindingly obvious to the rest of the football World.
The piece on Midtjylland, posted on here was a bit of an eye opener. Along the lines of when they won the league last year by 14 points everyone assumed that they had become massively better. Turns out their stats were around the same, it was Copenhagen had regressed.

I think we have seriously strengthened but this year they look to be going backwards. Let's hope for the same outcome here.

Him being 28 doesn't really surprise me to be honest. He is a gypsy after all and even when they are in their teens they look like they are in their late 30s, they remind me of the Saudi U16s team when Scotland U16s played them in the late 80s. For the younger Bears, google that match and you will see players that look like grown men against our young team.

Last edited:
I’m not so sure. All of the potential flaws were there before he came here - and highlighted by a good few on this forum. He is in his late 20s. The mistakes he is making are ingrained in his game. He won’t suddenly develop pace. He won’t be a great reader of the game, and he will always be a terrible fit for a team that has the majority of possession, plays on the front foot and needs to shut down counter attacks.

A football bum like me on a forum could see he was not capable of playing either in a 2 or a 3 at the back as he has no recovery pace and he cant distribute the ball.

He is a backs to the walls deep centre back who can head the ball and that's about it. Any team he with pace who they press high against will tear them apart as we have seen every week now since he signed for them.

Their recruitment is all over the shop and they have gotten away with it for years due to not being challenged, the first sign of a vastly improved Rangers destroying them in their own midden and its carnage.

Let's take a moment to reflect on the 'wise' words of Davie Provan when he signed

d8bcf9df479de5b7153fc53cd2f97376.png

:p

He should be in the peak of his career at 28 how did he manage to command such a wage? He looks terrible what I've seen of him crazy money down south he looks like a Scottish first division defender:)
He has been caught out at the pace of the game up here, in England and International football he has time to get himself into a better starting position, it’s obvious that he can’t think fast and when his brain has just processed one situation another starts right away with him in no mans land.

His wages are low for a player in the EPL where obscene amounts are being paid, I would imagine most of EPL players are cash millionaires after a few years .

I
Him being 28 doesn't really surprise me to be honest. He is a gypsy after all and even when they are in their teens they look like they are in their late 30s, they remind me of the Saudi U16s team when Scotland U16s played them in the late 80s. For the yonger Bears, google that match and you will see players that look like grown men against our young team.
I was at that game. They had beards and moustaches, unbelievable.
That was just the girls team...

"Listen, he's a proven operator in the English Premier League"

Firstly, anyone who continually writes like this 'listen' needs baws to be toed

Secondly (and I even took the effort to look this up) - he played 12 games before coming North

A proven operator, I feel, this does not make

A seagull supporting fellow I know loved him in the championship, but now feels sad about him being so found out.

Like other posters above I can't believe this guys only 28. I think I could give him a horrible 45 mins and I'm fast approaching 40 and not kicked a ball properly in almost 20 years. How on earth did this guy make it down south and also at an international level?

Reactions: TQ3
Their usual friends in the media starting to turn. Been a few negative articles about them and Lennon recently. Hope it continues for a while yet

Back