Kris Commons gives Shane Duffy a Celtic pasting as 'rank rotten' defender told he's not in Efe Ambrose's league

alot of posters on this board were shitting themselves when they signed him also

the guys rank rotten

I think celtic should pull out all the stops and keep him and hopefully make the deal permanent.
Remember he want to plays for the club he supports :))

This is all very pleasing.

Duffy is clearly a donkey, spectacular admission if he gets dropped. Expect him to pick up an injury in training, keeping him out.

hopefully a pasting from Lille mid week is on the cards and it suddenly seems like an age since their last win.

If you only listened to the commentary of the Old Firm game, you'd think Duffy was man of the match because he seemed to get his full name said every few moments.

Long may his shitness continue and we can add him to the expensive flops that were Bellamy, Keane, Junihno, Camara, Ljungberg et al.

Doofy is a haddy.

I think the game against us, milan and aberdeen have shown this.

Imagine coming from a mid table premiership team and with reasonable credibility to thinking it's a walk in the park up here.

I love it.

They have a bit of a dilemma with this lump now.

A big loan fee and huge wages to bring him up here and “guarantee the 10” as they all told us at the time. He’s now costing them goals on an almost weekly basis.

Let’s just hope TLB continues to stick with him.

Same with their £4.5m keeper...... Bain is second rate at best, conceded 3 to the sheep, hasn't played much football recently - do they stick with him for the EL and SCSF or go back to the nervous looking overpriced diddy import and hope he comes good?

Same with their £4.5m keeper...... Bain is second rate at best, conceded 3 to the sheep, hasn't played much football recently - do they stick with him for the EL and SCSF or go back to the nervous looking overpriced diddy import and hope he comes good?
Depends if Barney has found his balls yet after Diddy booted him in them.

Duffy is not our problem so it might seem inappropriate to comment but I will. He reminds me of Colin Hendrie. Big, slow on the turn and on the run. Poor with ball at his feet but good in the air. He is a ‘siege’ defender whose comfort zone is between the width of the six-yard line out to the penalty spot. When Brighton had Chris Hughton as their manager their very defensive style of play suited him. Similarly with the RoI. Both sides had minimal possession but at Celtic in most domestic games they have the bulk of possession and their defenders are required to push up behind the midfield. This leaves Duffy exposed to balls played into the space behind or wide that take him out of his comfort zone. That is why Graham Potter punted him from Brighton and replaced him with a young lad brought back from a loan spell.

Aye I couldn’t believe he’s 28 in his prime :)) I thought he was in his early thirties! You never know, he could come good by then:eek:

Lennon job is under threat

this is coming from
Above creeps like Keevins commons get direction from liewell

they lose both games this week he is out
I do feel there is a bit of a groundswell on this.

They will get pumped in France but beat the sheep.

We need Lemon to stay for now. We don’t want them getting someone in that knows what they’re doing.

Goalkeeper looks as if he has come from junior football in fact thats probably an insult to junior football as he's lower than that

Got a bit of Joey Barton about him thinking he’s the main man and that Scottish football would be easy.
40k a week and 2 million though!

Duffy is not our problem so it might seem inappropriate to comment but I will. He reminds me of Colin Hendrie. Big, slow on the turn and on the run. Poor with ball at his feet but good in the air. He is a ‘siege’ defender whose comfort zone is between the width of the six-yard line out to the penalty spot. When Brighton had Chris Hughton as their manager their very defensive style of play suited him. Similarly with the RoI. Both sides had minimal possession but at Celtic in most domestic games they have the bulk of possession and their defenders are required to push up behind the midfield. This leaves Duffy exposed to balls played into the space behind or wide that take him out of his comfort zone. That is why Graham Potter punted him from Brighton and replaced him with a young lad brought back from a loan spell.

Spot on. This is exactly right. Duffy, other than his Oirish credentials, is a terrible choice for C****c. A choice I’m delighted they’ve made at great cost :))

Back