Kristiyan Malinov

El Chapo

Official Ticketer
Copy and pasted from Ibrox Loyal Facebook page. Anyone heard of him?

Rangers are linked with central midfielder Kristiyan Malinov. Currently with CSKA Sofia, Malinov has been capped 15 times by Bulgaria

Source: 7sport.net (Bulgaria)

Quite like the idea of us tapping into a relatively unknown market for decent international players, with the end goal of selling them down to England for a massively inflated profit (after they win a title or two for us). I don’t know anything about this player, but surely that’s the model we should follow going forward?

Looks like a smaller Ryan Jack and very similar to what we already have in midfield.

The last thing we need is a 5ft 6 guy in a already weak midfield which lacks power, strength, and creativity.

It's a no from me.
He’s certainly not weak for his size though. His stats are very misleading as from what I’ve heard about him and seen his teammates fail to capitalise on chances he puts on a plate for them fairly often. I’d say he’s also far more aggressive and works far harder than most of the midfielders we have already and is not afraid to get stuck in. Winning mentality is important as anything and going by what I’ve been told about him he seems to have it.

So he’s a handsome Hungarian, Bulgarian, Ryan Jack, Jason Holt, Daniel Candieas who is weak, strong and shite, with misleading stats which make him look worse than he is but Scott Allan would be a better signing.

Nice one FollowFollow :D
Good summary of where we are....

Malinov is an established international.
He looks like his ball retention skills are excellent and is both comfortable in possession and technically gifted.
These are the sort of markets we should be looking in to try to unearth gems at relatively low cost.
Given that we have been linked with a number of defensive midfielder players I suspect that Glenn Kamara may well be heading out.
Also we have to be realistic about Ryan Jack’s knee and the ability of Steven Davis to play as many games this coming season as he did last season.

Malinov is an established international.
He looks like his ball retention skills are excellent and is both comfortable in possession and technically gifted.
These are the sort of markets we should be looking in to try to unearth gems at relatively low cost.
Given that we have been linked with a number of defensive midfielder players I suspect that Glenn Kamara may well be heading out.
Also we have to be realistic about Ryan Jack’s knee and the ability of Steven Davis to play as many games this coming season as he did last season.
If we do sign tnis guy or a similar player for this position then we definetly need to ship a few out. To many players in the same position for me.

I - and probably everyone else on this Fourm - have not seen enough of Malinov to make an educated decision about his suitability for Rangers. But here is where I'd start.

I'd ask what exactly went wrong last season, what caused the collapse in form after the winter-break that saw us blow any chances of winning the league? One of the prime reasons for this IMO, was that our midfield was all too often bullied and out-muscled by other teams. It lacked a 'Scott Brown-type enforcer.' Would bringing in someone with impressive technique and skills - as Malinov is said to have - really make Rangers a more effective team?

I - and probably everyone else on this Fourm - have not seen enough of Malinov to make an educated decision about his suitability for Rangers. But here is where I'd start.

I'd ask what exactly went wrong last season, what caused the collapse in form after the winter-break that saw us blow any chances of winning the league? One of the prime reasons for this IMO, was that our midfield was all too often bullied and out-muscled by other teams. It lacked a 'Scott Brown-type enforcer.' Would bringing in someone with impressive technique and skills - as Malinov is said to have - really make Rangers a more effective team?
Malinov can definitely fit that enforcer role 100%. What I was told about him: “small, works very hard, good tackler, does not take shite off anyone, not amazing technically with the ball at his feet (decent enough however) but can ping a good pass and very aggressive on the press”

Would be a bizarre signing from the usual video sources, which usually make a player look good.

And morelos stopped scoring was the bigger issue

Malinov can definitely fit that enforcer role 100%. What I was told about him: “small, works very hard, good tackler, does not take shite off anyone, not amazing technically with the ball at his feet (decent enough however) but can ping a good pass and very aggressive on the press”

Bulgarian Ian Black.

Barry Ferguson was only 5ft 10

But he was a fantastic player that's the difference I'm only judging what I'm seeing and what our midfield needs.

Honestly though we need more street wise players in our team, tall, powerful, mobile, strength, add in that with someone who can defend or attack well and for me that's the type of destroyer/attacker we badly crave in our midfield.

This Bulgarian lad could be decent but he looks very similar to what we already possess and we need to look for a more dynamic quality player instead of a neat and tidy limited midfielder.

Adding quality always improves a team. If we have the ball and can retain the ball we will be a better team. An enforcer type of player isn't the only way to improve the team. Far to often last year our problem wasn't the physicality, it was the ability to break down packed defences, concentrate and retain the ball. Quality is the key to improvement.

This is from the page, so he's linked with about 7 Clubs and they're pulling out link from other media, speculative bs.

Foreign clubs with interest in Kristian Malinov
Home - News - Bulgaria - Foreign clubs with interest in Kristian Malinov

July 10, 2020
Author:
Denislav Ivanov
The national team of Bulgaria and CSKA football player Kristian Malinov is an object of interest from foreign clubs, writes dsport. The performances of the midfielder of the "reds" are closely followed by many Western European teams, which are impressed by Malinov after the restart of football in our country.
Some clubs are already talking in advance about the possibility of taking the midfielder in the summer. The Scottish Grand Rangers is one of the teams with great interest in Malinov, and in recent days the player's agent has been contacted by the Belgian Standard Liege.
The Bulgarian national team is also on the transfer list of Belgian, Dutch and German teams, including Mechelen, Venlo and Vitesse. There was also information in the Romanian media that the CSKA midfielder could play at the University of Craiova, but this is not true and none of the club in question has made contact with the representatives of the player.
At this stage, Malinov has left the increased interest of his agent and will wait until the end of the season with CSKA, after which he will get acquainted with the opportunities for his future. In their last championship match, the 'reds' meet Beroe on Sunday at 21:00 of the "Bulgarian Army". In the summer it will be clear whether this will be Malinov's last meeting with the CSKA team.

This is from the page, so he's linked with about 7 Clubs and they're pulling out link from other media, speculative bs.

Foreign clubs with interest in Kristian Malinov
Home - News - Bulgaria - Foreign clubs with interest in Kristian Malinov

July 10, 2020
Author:
Denislav Ivanov
The national team of Bulgaria and CSKA football player Kristian Malinov is an object of interest from foreign clubs, writes dsport. The performances of the midfielder of the "reds" are closely followed by many Western European teams, which are impressed by Malinov after the restart of football in our country.
Some clubs are already talking in advance about the possibility of taking the midfielder in the summer. The Scottish Grand Rangers is one of the teams with great interest in Malinov, and in recent days the player's agent has been contacted by the Belgian Standard Liege.
The Bulgarian national team is also on the transfer list of Belgian, Dutch and German teams, including Mechelen, Venlo and Vitesse. There was also information in the Romanian media that the CSKA midfielder could play at the University of Craiova, but this is not true and none of the club in question has made contact with the representatives of the player.
At this stage, Malinov has left the increased interest of his agent and will wait until the end of the season with CSKA, after which he will get acquainted with the opportunities for his future. In their last championship match, the 'reds' meet Beroe on Sunday at 21:00 of the "Bulgarian Army". In the summer it will be clear whether this will be Malinov's last meeting with the CSKA team.

The Scottish Grand Rangers. Nice.

Going by the YT clips he seems to have a bit more energy in an attacking sense and I'd agree our midfield is too similar. Davis,Jack and Arfield are all too similar and far too defensive at times and we need that energy. Could be good if he's in there with Aribo and Hagi,but there is an element of doubt, largely due to Grezda.

After having a wee look, he kind of reminds me of a more defensive Giorgos Karagounis without the shooting. Seems to break up play easily and plays a few not bad through balls. Sometimes these players allow your better technical players to shine but I’m not too sure. The quality of player he was playing against seemed really poor (regularly couldn’t run with the ball correctly and therefore over hit touches). Who knows, he could be a decent player.

Adding quality always improves a team. If we have the ball and can retain the ball we will be a better team. An enforcer type of player isn't the only way to improve the team. Far to often last year our problem wasn't the physicality, it was the ability to break down packed defences, concentrate and retain the ball. Quality is the key to improvement.

The key to all great teams is 'balance' - having the correct mix of 'technical' and 'physical' players. All of the great Rangers teams of the past possessed this attribute - the current team does not.

When asked to account for Rangers inconsistent form after the winter break, the following remark (or something close to it) )was attributed to a member of the current team, '...we found it hard to cope with the constant pressure...' I'd say a mentality such as this more than an absence of 'technical quality', was one of the principal reasons we ended up trailing the yahoos by 13 points in the league.

Going by the YT clips he seems to have a bit more energy in an attacking sense and I'd agree our midfield is too similar. Davis,Jack and Arfield are all too similar and far too defensive at times and we need that energy. Could be good if he's in there with Aribo and Hagi,but there is an element of doubt, largely due to Grezda.
Why do people always bring up Grezda?

Back