Racist Kudela given 10 game ban, Kamara 3 games (all discussion here)

He must of woke up and thought

“what can I say today that will obliterate any credibility I have left as a pundit”

What a dobber!

I think old Alan Ruff made a right Ethan Hunt of himself tonight. When McManus and McGuire are stumped on a Rangers charge, you know you should say heehaw

They will contact his lawyer, try to get him to come over.
Unfortunatey it is now a complex situation and very unlikely to go to court.

As much as I do think he racially abused Kamara, UEFA finding him guilty and banning him for 10 games and being found guilty in a court of law are two separate things, unfortunately.

I think it’s more likely that Kudela just avoids coming to the UK and the case will be dropped due to lack of evidence, unfortunately.

I really am gobsmacked Slavia didn't face punishment for all the crap they came out with following the incident. They've effectively been show up as defending a racist and bringing the game and themselves into disrepute. Yet no punishment?

The more I think about this, the more it looks like a typical UEFA whitewash. Find both parties guilty, hand out roughly similar punishments, and they appear even handed.

Part of me wishes we'd go nuclear and get legal with them. It'll never happen of course, but it is high time they were pulled down from that ivory tower of theirs.

UEFA have proven again they are a two bit despot government, is it any wonder that the sham of the SFA is allowed to continue without repercussions when this is the model they’re based on.

UEFA are a joke, big fanfare campaigns about respect etc and they give the guy the minimum ban, saddest thing is it is not surprising.

Disappointed yet again with Uefa. Somewhat of a disgrace to give Kudela the minimum 10 game ban when it has been highlighted so much in the media and social media. It sends out the wrong signals. Given how he did it and given how Slavia tried to protect him and their club by denying the entire episode Uefa should have aimed to make an example of him and Slavia. They failed. In doing so, it makes a mockery of their various offensives against racism. This was the one they could have made an example of for Europe. A year ban all competitions and Slavia thrown out of the EL.

And what about Glen Kamara? A 3 match ban. Ridiculous doesn't even begin to get near the reality of it nor the message Uefa have sent out - be racially insulted and expect the player to walk away. Sad. If we succeed to gain entry to the Champions League group phase next season we are bound to get Slavia. Absolute certainty.

Why are you angry with him? He is right. Proof and evidence are not the same thing at all. Zungu saying he heard the same thing is evidence. TV picking it up is proof. UEFA have decided that there is enough evidence to assume guilt, without guilt actually being proven. It is, all things considered, the correct decision from them in this instance.
Well let’s look at the situation. A nice quiet unassuming and respectful black person reacts to a white person who approached him, covered his mouth, leant into him and said something to him. The reaction from the black person and a black colleague nearby indicates something ‘wrong’ has been said.

Balance of probabilities is sufficient to establish guilt civilly. The moral compass of the white player and his club defending him is fucked, pretty much in the same way that any person who tries to make ‘excuses’ using theories and pedantic bullshit re evidence and proof.

Go and put your puerile proof/evidence nonsense to Goldson et al and at the same time apply for a job with the BBC.

Well let’s look at the situation. A nice quiet unassuming and respectful black person reacts to a white person who approached him, covered his mouth, leant into him and said something to him. The reaction from the black person and a black colleague nearby indicates something ‘wrong’ has been said.

Balance of probabilities is sufficient to establish guilt civilly. The moral compass of the white player and his club defending him is fucked, pretty much in the same way that any person who tries to make ‘excuses’ using theories and pedantic bullshit re evidence and proof.

Go and put your puerile proof/evidence nonsense to Goldson et al and at the same time apply for a job with the BBC.

I don’t think anyone is condoning the actions of Kudela or Slavia. They’re just pointing out that it might be difficult to prove it in a court of law, unfortunately.

Kudela obviously said something racist but there isn't any concrete proof to people that didn't hear it due to him covering his mouth, there is no need to insult him for saying they could resort to this technicality because they obviously could.

It's why there are now calls to fine players for covering their mouths.
As I said to another poster, let’s dispense with the puerile proof/ evidence nonsense. I’m astounded that Rangers fans are coming out with this. Balance of probability is all that is needed to determine guilt civilly. I will save timedetailing the events as they are so one sided in favour of Glen.

White, Michael ‘Rangers Hating’ Stewart was the only ‘independent’ observer to swim against the tide using his ‘1% of me doubt’ garbage. High profile black players called him out with his thought process as did all decent objective humans regardless of religion or colour. Did any of them feel the need to highlight well there’s a difference between evidence and proof?

We all know about the tactics of Slavia, a blind man could see this, it doesn’t need pointed out, least of all by Rangers fans.

I wonder what Mr Goldson et al would think of certain Rangers fans theory/thought process in this, think I could guess though.

Disappointed yet again with Uefa. Somewhat of a disgrace to give Kudela the minimum 10 game ban when it has been highlighted so much in the media and social media. It sends out the wrong signals. Given how he did it and given how Slavia tried to protect him and their club by denying the entire episode Uefa should have aimed to make an example of him and Slavia. They failed. In doing so, it makes a mockery of their various offensives against racism. This was the one they could have made an example of for Europe. A year ban all competitions and Slavia thrown out of the EL.

And what about Glen Kamara? A 3 match ban. Ridiculous doesn't even begin to get near the reality of it nor the message Uefa have sent out - be racially insulted and expect the player to walk away. Sad. If we succeed to gain entry to the Champions League group phase next season we are bound to get Slavia. Absolute certainty.
Kudela can serve his ban for International games but Kamara's ban is only club games!!

Ban should be harsher for Kudela but he’s got the maximum amount under the current rules so have to agree there.

Disgusting what happened to Kamara but as a professional footballer you can’t just go about sticking one on someones jaw no matter what they said. I assume they’ve taken the mitigating circumstances into the 3 game ban.

The Roofe one is a joke, it was dangerous play but never intentional.
The ludicrous punishment for Kudela shows his action was justified for me. UEFA have done feck all. Let’s face it if you or any of your family were called the equivalent in the street you’d clock the offender. But in the street the offender would probably get a criminal record and possible jail time.

10 matches is just poor, couldn't give a toss if the euros would have been his biggest achievement. There was a footballer a few years ago who was handed a 2 year ban from football for cocaine, the Ajax keeper got handed a 12 month ban recently for something similar as well. Players are given longer bans for drugs and betting on football than they are being racist to someone on the pitch. If Kamara has actually done him then i understand why he has been banned but 7 matches in competitions uefa oversee shouldn't be the difference between the two.

Could someone be kind enough to remind me of the 'tunnel incident' v Celtc when Lovenkrands got assaulted? Need to use it against a rattler claiming that Kamara should be on a 10 match ban and Rangers covering up things in the tunnel.

Last edited:

Ally McCoist reveals Rangers emotions after racism row and why he's struggling to rage at UEFA​

The Ibrox hero reacted to the governing body's decision to ban Ondrej Kudela for 10 matches.

Ally McCoist

Ally McCoist admits he's struggling to get angry at UEFA over their Ondrej Kudela decision because he now expects them to get it wrong.
The Rangers legend insists his overwhelming emotion from the racism row remains sympathy with Glen Kamara.
Slavia Prague defender Kudela has been banned for 10 matches for racially abusing the Ibrox midfielder, a punishment plenty feel is too lenient.

Kamara was also served a suspension of his own for retaliating to the abuse after the match.
McCoist reckons Kudela has "got away with one" as he lamented UEFA's inability to get these calls right.
"I feel for Kamara, I've got say. I really do feel for Kamara," he told talkSPORT.

"Rather than be angry at UEFA - you come to expect some of these blinking decisions, they just don't get it right.

"Kamara's the one I feel sorry for.
"I just think the ban (for Kudela), he's got away with one I still think it's quite lenient."
Rangers were fined £7800 for "improper conduct" and striker Kemar Roofe was served a four-game ban for a challenge that left Slavia keeper Ondrej Kolar with a fractured skull.

0_UEFA-Europa-League-Round-of-32-2nd-Leg--Rangers-FC-vs-Slavia-Prague.jpg

But McCoist reckons the small fine indicates his old club didn't do much wrong and also insisted Roofe shouldn't have faced further punishment.
"I think there's an element of that. I think the amount of the fine would indicate they've not really done an awful lot wrong. I don't understand it.
"They've been harshly treated. I'll be honest with you I was delighted, and I'm sure outsiders would be, with the solidarity Rangers players showed with Kamara.

"That was fantastic and you'd expect it. I was very, very pleased to see it.
"Have they been harshly treated? Yeah, I would've thought so, although it's a token gesture, the fine.
"I don't think Kemar Roofe should've got an additional ban, I really don't."

Chap on Twitter saying Kudela could play against us in a potential champions league qualifier but,Kamara couldn’t !

Why have Slavia all of a sudden issued an apology to Kamara after all the statements they have been releasing?
They should be hammered for their response. They accused Kamara of lying and emboldened hundreds of racists within their support to subject him to more abuse. Its pretty despicable.

Slavia are still at it!

Slavia Prague president Jaroslav Tvrdik has defended racist Ondrej Kudela by sharing a disturbing article which makes reference to lynching.

Kudela was hit with a ten game ban by UEFA yesterday after being found guilty of calling Rangers ’ Glen Kamara a “f****** monkey”.

Kamara was handed with a three game ban for apparently assaulting Kudela in the Ibrox tunnel following the flashpoint.

But Slavia chief Tvrdik reposted an online article that claimed the Czech defender had been “lynched” following the Europa League incident.

Despite an official statement from the club apologising to Kamara for any “distress” caused, it appears the President is continuing to back his player despite the punishment.

He reposted an article from Czech outlet Seznam Zpravy on his personal Twitter feed.

Authored by Jiri Hozek, who is the publication’s deputy editor in chief, the call to ban Kudela was branded an “extremely stupid” one by the “UEFA mafia” and that the Slavia man had been victim of a “modern lynching” online.

Lynchings were commonly carried out in the American south in the past and are a dark example of the racial violence that was committed against people of colour.

In addition to bans handed out to Kudela and Kamara, Kemar Roofe was banned for four games
after his dangerous challenge on Slavia ‘keeper Ondrej Kolar.

The Czech side are in Europa League action tonight when they host Arsenal in the second leg of their quarter-final tie with the score poised at 1-1 from the first leg.

Where are you getting it from that he got the maximum? Sarwar seems to this he got the minimum?
I had a look back in the thread and I think a lot of outlets have got mixed up, I’m not sure either way at this stage.

Slavia are still at it!

Slavia Prague president Jaroslav Tvrdik has defended racist Ondrej Kudela by sharing a disturbing article which makes reference to lynching.

Kudela was hit with a ten game ban by UEFA yesterday after being found guilty of calling Rangers ’ Glen Kamara a “f****** monkey”.

Kamara was handed with a three game ban for apparently assaulting Kudela in the Ibrox tunnel following the flashpoint.

But Slavia chief Tvrdik reposted an online article that claimed the Czech defender had been “lynched” following the Europa League incident.

Despite an official statement from the club apologising to Kamara for any “distress” caused, it appears the President is continuing to back his player despite the punishment.

He reposted an article from Czech outlet Seznam Zpravy on his personal Twitter feed.

Authored by Jiri Hozek, who is the publication’s deputy editor in chief, the call to ban Kudela was branded an “extremely stupid” one by the “UEFA mafia” and that the Slavia man had been victim of a “modern lynching” online.

Lynchings were commonly carried out in the American south in the past and are a dark example of the racial violence that was committed against people of colour.

In addition to bans handed out to Kudela and Kamara, Kemar Roofe was banned for four games

The Czech side are in Europa League action tonight when they host Arsenal in the second leg of their quarter-final tie with the score poised at 1-1 from the first leg.
Utter utter vermin who should have the book thrown at them.

Slavia are still at it!

They will probably reduce his ban fucking scum

Just thinking- if he is not named in the Czech squad for the Euro’s does the games they play count towards the ban.

remembering the Celtic scenario where a banned player not named in squad for previous round because of ban - came on as a sub for 2 min injury time when Celtic were getting beat 3-0 - Celtic appeal he should be banned case upheld Celtic awarded a 3-0 win going through on away goal rules

Anyone tried to have a sensible discussion on Twitter about it? The Czechs on there all seem to be the same as Slavia the club. They’re all super aggressive and a bit retarded.

Not the case unless the Czechs call him up for a tournament he has no chance of playing in
I’d love to think that was correct. In fact, common sense dictates that to be correct. However, I can find nothing in either FIFA or UEFA Rules to confirm it and everything I read suggests that Kudela will serve his ban over the Euros. The Czechs won’t include him in their squad though.

Can‘t think of the last international player we had who was suspended or recall whether he still was included in an international squad or not, but I fear Kudela will be back playing in CL before Kamara is.

Yup they could have went down to Wales to charge him. Couldn't be arsed. Too many house parties to harass.
The police don't need to charge him and given the apparent corroborated evidence, don't need to interview him either. They can just report the circumstances to the PF as normal and explain that he hasn't been formally cautioned & charged.

The PF would then advise him of a Trial date and if he failed to appear, then a Warrant would be issued for his arrest. Unfortunately, it is unlikely it would progress any further unless he entered the UK at some point.

I’d love to think that was correct. In fact, common sense dictates that to be correct. However, I can find nothing in either FIFA or UEFA Rules to confirm it and everything I read suggests that Kudela will serve his ban over the Euros. The Czechs won’t include him in their squad though.

Can‘t think of the last international player we had who was suspended or recall whether he still was included in an international squad or not, but I fear Kudela will be back playing in CL before Kamara is.
I struggle to see how he could serve his ban without being included in the Czech squad for the Euro's .... But then again, it's UEFA we're talking about, so who knows.

For Czech games in the Euro's to be included as part of his suspension, I would imagine that he would have to be included in the 24 man squad, but take no part in the games. Effectively leaving the Czech's a man short for the Euro's.

Whether or not the National team would do this to benefit Slavia, I don't know.

I struggle to see how he could serve his ban without being included in the Czech squad for the Euro's .... But then again, it's UEFA we're talking about, so who knows.

For Czech games in the Euro's to be included as part of his suspension, I would imagine that he would have to be included in the 24 man squad, but take no part in the games. Effectively leaving the Czech's a man short for the Euro's.

Whether or not the National team would do this to benefit Slavia, I don't know.
I agree with everything you say. That’s exactly how it should be. Still not convinced though.

If, for example, Ryan Jack was suspended for a Scotland game I’m sure he’d be left out the squad. Would that count as serving his ban? I suspect it would but can’t find anything to support that. These days international squads are usually for two or three games so the player would be included in the squad because he’d only miss the first game and be eligible for the others. That’s obviously not the case with Kudela but it’s difficult to find a precedent. Bear in mind it’s the player UEFA are looking to punish rather than the Czech National team.

I agree with everything you say. That’s exactly how it should be. Still not convinced though.

If, for example, Ryan Jack was suspended for a Scotland game I’m sure he’d be left out the squad. Would that count as serving his ban? I suspect it would but can’t find anything to support that. These days international squads are usually for two or three games so the player would be included in the squad because he’d only miss the first game and be eligible for the others. That’s obviously not the case with Kudela but it’s difficult to find a precedent. Bear in mind it’s the player UEFA are looking to punish rather than the Czech National team.
I understand that, but surely it can't be open to abuse.

eg. If Calvin Bassey was given a 10 game ban, could he count England's games in the Euro's?

If Czechia include Kudela in their squad, despite him not being available, that would be a new level of disgrace. Surely, surely not.

I understand that, but surely it can't be open to abuse.

eg. If Calvin Bassey was given a 10 game ban, could he count England's games in the Euro's?
Obviously not, in relation to Bassey. Bassey is eligible to play for England, Italy or Nigeria just as a side note.:)

Its a messy problem UEFA have brought on by including representative matches. On here some are seeing that as being of benefit to the player, yet it may be that UEFA actually saw that as being more detrimental to the player and perceived it as a harsher punishment, given he is a regular representative of the national team.

Until I see something to the contrary I’m assuming he will serve the majority of his ban over the Summer, even if not included in the Czech squad. I’d love to be wrong but I think that’s how it will be.

PF should hopefully charge Kudela now. At the very least his playing career against British teams is over and he’ll never come here for holidays.

I think in normal situations where a player has an international ban they are still included in the overall squad. For normal international games (qualifiers etc) there are no real limits on the amount of players called up - and squads can be changed between matches even in the same international period - so a ban like this only really becomes significant when its a major tournament with squad limits.

I don't see how a ban could be enforced otherwise - as people have said if Roofe had been given similar conditions on his ban we could then just claim the England matches at the Euros took up his ban (claims to playing with Jamaica aside) even though he has no chance of making the squad.

Am I the only one who thinks GK's lawyer has made a mess of this.

His initial tweet after the UEFA announcement was about how Kudela had received the "maximum" 10 game suspension and stated that that was exactly what they were pushing for.

He went on to say that they wanted to ban Kamara for 5 games but he got it reduced to 3.

He later changed his tweet to say "minimum", omitted all reference to that being what they were pushing for and was now condemning the extent of the suspension - which was in total contradiction to his initial tweet.

Sounds to me that he misread the UEFA rules, thought that 10 games was the maximum punishment and, as such, actually asked for that to be the suspension given to Kudela.

If Czechia include Kudela in their squad, despite him not being available, that would be a new level of disgrace. Surely, surely not.
They would go a man light

Eg. For sake of the explanation, say it was Tav. England have games in the Euros. Won't be picked. But he's banned anyway. How can you be banned from something if you are not selected to take part? My understanding is any ban would have to affect the numbers avaialble

The police don't need to charge him and given the apparent corroborated evidence, don't need to interview him either. They can just report the circumstances to the PF as normal and explain that he hasn't been formally cautioned & charged.

The PF would then advise him of a Trial date and if he failed to appear, then a Warrant would be issued for his arrest. Unfortunately, it is unlikely it would progress any further unless he entered the UK at some point.
Yep, but it would prevent him ever playing in the UK again, unless he is happy to be arrested and potentially held in a prison until his trial (or if he pleads guilty, the duration of his sentence). This in itself is far more punishment than UEFA have given.

Am I the only one who thinks GK's lawyer has made a mess of this.

His initial tweet after the UEFA announcement was about how Kudela had received the "maximum" 10 game suspension and stated that that was exactly what they were pushing for.

He went on to say that they wanted to ban Kamara for 5 games but he got it reduced to 3.

He later changed his tweet to say "minimum", omitted all reference to that being what they were pushing for and was now condemning the extent of the suspension - which was in total contradiction to his initial tweet.

Sounds to me that he misread the UEFA rules, thought that 10 games was the maximum punishment and, as such, actually asked for that to be the suspension given to Kudela.
Seems he was pushing for maximum and thought he’d received maximum. I’m still not sure what the exact wording is but yes he seems to have misread something. I’m not sure it makes a huge difference to anything though. The punishments are what they are. It won’t make any difference to an appeal. It’s really just people getting their nickers in a twist.

Seems he was pushing for maximum and thought he’d received maximum. I’m still not sure what the exact wording is but yes he seems to have misread something. I’m not sure it makes a huge difference to anything though. The punishments are what they are. It won’t make any difference to an appeal. It’s really just people getting their nickers in a twist.
My understanding is that any appeal can only be to have the verdict overturned and for Kudela to be found not guilty of racism.

As he has received the minimum ban it would be pretty pointless appealing the severity of the sentence.

I hadn't seen GK's lawyers original tweet until very recently and the wording of it surprised me as it seemed to suggest that he was the one pushing for a 10 game suspension under the misapprehension that that was the maximum.

As you say it ultimately won't make any difference to this case or any appeal. If, however, I needed legal representation then I'm not sure I'd be rushing to hire Anwar based on his performance here.

Back