Kyle Bartley

Geno

Edited Appendage
Watching the WBA v Stoke game tonight and seeing Bartley reminded me of when he was with us (can't believe it was 8 years ago).
I did a google search on him and found out that SG was interested in signing him from Swansea (or was it just paper talk?)

Anyway, it never happened and we signed Goldson instead.

Interested to hear FF opinion - did we get a better player in Goldson?

Honestly, I have no idea. Probably a very similar level of player.

Edit: this is me comparing Bartley now and Goldson now. Goldson now is of course MUCH better than Bartley 2010/11.

At B’ham and `Swansea he was a dirty bastard.

Always assumed that was from his time with us! :))

When he went back I always thought he would end up back. He's probably made a good living out of the teams hes been at

The only bad thing I can say about Kyle is he didn’t break browns leg in that challenge. I have a large collection of butt-plugs and finish the job

Pretty similar level I would say, think we’d be in jussi a good a position with Bartley in there instead of Goldson

Goldson has been a good signing for is. Bartley has matured and I reckon would have been good player, not sure what kind of price he would have cost in Gerrards first window?

I always liked Bartley as a player when he was with us.

I think if we'd signed him around that time on a permanent deal he would have went on to be a top player for us.

Probably outwith our budget at the time though.

Re tonight's game, if West Brom are the best team in the Championship the standard must be grim.
Maybe they're just having an off night.

Think they both similar that tackle is an absolute cracker go on Connor do him next time though prob be straight red

Just came here for the tackle as it never gets old :))

Back when Brown was an absolute nobody. He really was a total insignificance against Walter Smiths sides.

Typical young loan player for us. Did alright but not great. Age and experience hindered him. He's defo a much better player now.

Think goldson is better and thought in last month he upped his performance levels

He’s had a couple of costly errors this season but agree that he really stepped up to the plate during December, which was the toughest month of the season so far.

Let’s hope it continues.

Back