Kyle Lafferty's Kindness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Met him a few times when he was at us at Bearsden asda. Always had time to stop and chat to ppl from what I saw.

We’ll need to find a reason to criticise Lafferty for this.
I’m struggling just now but I’m sure somebody will put me correct.
Probably didn't put in enough effort to warrant taking the money. So he did the right thing. Better than sending a picture of his knob to people I suppose

I thought Weir had already left by that point? He left earlier in that season if I remember correctly. I heard rumours of him and Lafferty having a fall out but didn’t think it was related to that.

He was still on until the jan that season. Retired because of the financial state but was still the club captain until seasons end.

David Weir who left the club a month before admin? That David Weir?

Lets not let pesky facts get in the way of a good rumour though.

When the wage cuts were broached it was after training one morning, all squad given a briefing. Everyone was looking at each other in disbelief.

Weir had Lafferty against a wall in the canteen after he said he couldn't afford a wedding and a gambling additicion as well as this.

On 2 players authority i've heard the graphic telling of it.

There were a few other words got out, It was common knowledge.

Research the forum. Talk to staff. Don't be a sarky cunt when you know nothing but a cheap opportunity for a pop at your betters.

I've been more than consistent on this over the years. Seek and ye will find.

When the wage cuts were broached it was after training one morning, all squad given a briefing. Everyone was looking at each other in disbelief.

Weir had Lafferty against a wall in the canteen after he said he couldn't afford a wedding and a gambling additicion as well as this.

Research the forum. Talk to staff. Don't be a sarky cunt when you know nothing but a cheap opportunity for a pop at your betters.

Your superior knowledge supersedes mine, obviously. Any more gossip?

I have always liked the big man, but I would have liked him to have put more effort in 2nd time round. He can play, just doesn’t do it enough.

A very decent thing to do.

Former Rangers striker Kyle Lafferty has been lauded by players and staff at Sarpsborg for an incredible financial gesture.

The 32-year-old helped the Norwegian club maintain their top-flight status on a dramatic final day of fixtures last Sunday.

Lafferty played the full 90 minutes as his side did enough to stay up.

With a 0-0 draw at Lillestrom, Sarpsborg stayed up on goal difference, ensuring Lafferty secured a ‘substantial financial bonus’.

Yet, rather than keeping it for himself which he’d have been perfectly entitled to do, he shared it with his teammates.

“It was a generous and kind contribution from Kyle,” said club captain Joachim Thomassen, as quoted by the Scottish Sun.

“But remember, he can afford it! Kyle has a slightly different CV than most people, but he’s a fantastic guy.”

Manager, Geir Bakke, added: “Yes, I’ve heard about this! But that’s Kyle for you – he’s crazy and wonderful.”

Lafferty has had his off-field issues over the years and admitted he didn’t work hard enough in training during his unsuccessful second stint at Rangers which ended in the summer [Daily Record].

By all accounts, though, he’s had a very positive impact on the playing squad at Sarpsborg – a fairly low-profile, unassuming Scandinavian club.

As his short-term deal expired at the conclusion of the Eliteserien campaign, the forward’s future is currently up in the air.

Good luck to him. :cool:
Good on you big man

Tragic news.

Hope he looks in and can find a tiny bit of comfort from the comments.

Thoughts with Kyle and his family.

Would his teammates not also get a bonus for staying up?
Possibly not, or perhaps their bonus was pennies. I think it is not uncommmon for big money (in his case relatively big money) players to be on such bonuses. The amount will vary from player to player. They even get goal, international caps and European qualification bonus money - I think. I am no expert.

I was wondering what brought this thread to the fore.
I can’t believe it was such tragic news.
Condolences to the girls family and friends.

Should have given it to the local community, not already rich fellow footballers, the selfish bastard.

:D

The Green Brigade are arranging a protest march in aid of thosea Swedish fishermen whom Kyle Lafferty's put in the poor house with his ignorant capitalistic gesture.

Nice guy, generous gesture.

Talented player but daft as a brush.

I like him and this is a brilliant thing to do.

Former Rangers striker Kyle Lafferty has been lauded by players and staff at Sarpsborg for an incredible financial gesture.

The 32-year-old helped the Norwegian club maintain their top-flight status on a dramatic final day of fixtures last Sunday.

With a 0-0 draw at Lillestrom, Sarpsborg stayed up on goal difference, ensuring Lafferty secured a ‘substantial financial bonus’.

Yet, rather than keeping it for himself which he’d have been perfectly entitled to do, he shared it with his teammates.

“It was a generous and kind contribution from Kyle,” said club captain Joachim Thomassen, as quoted by the Scottish Sun.

“But remember, he can afford it! Kyle has a slightly different CV than most people, but he’s a fantastic guy.”

Manager, Geir Bakke, added: “Yes, I’ve heard about this! But that’s Kyle for you – he’s crazy and wonderful.”

Lafferty has had his off-field issues over the years and admitted he didn’t work hard enough in training during his unsuccessful second stint at Rangers which ended in the summer [Daily Record].

By all accounts, though, he’s had a very positive impact on the playing squad at Sarpsborg – a fairly low-profile, unassuming Scandinavian club.

As his short-term deal expired at the conclusion of the Eliteserien campaign, the forward’s future is currently up in the air.

Nice. Any idea how much he got? Haha

The big man's financial situation was agreed by everyone at that time and part of the overall deal.

Saw it last night about his sister, thoughts go out to the family, sad indeed at such an age.

Had not heard that news or l would never had replied to this thread.
RIP
No harm done i think a lot are reading the first page on the bumped post and replying to that commement hence what @coplandearl36 has said about locking this one.

You specifically said "after admin". Weir wasn't at the club "after admin".

If you want to play the smart arse on a forum you should maybe seek to improve your written communication abilities.

In fairness mate , lafferty re signed for us & was welcomed back , at the games especially , he got his song sung , there was always a good vibe for him .

It’s disappointing it never worked out better , but at least he got to put the 2012 shitshow to bed for ever , I bet Naismith would have bit yer hand off for that chance .

Maybe the lad is finally growing up.

Did he keep a share for himself?
If he did then it's just as we all suspected. He is a selfish bastard. he obviously doesn't need the dosh.

There you go mate.:)):)):))

great gesture by the Ulster gazelle.

Anyone that knows him says he’s a genuinely generous lad.

He scored goals to win us leagues three years in a row. I understand regret that he didn’t make more of the second chance but I don’t understand the bile some direct at him.

Weir left at end of January. Wage cuts were in March.

The guy who was the first to stand up and refuse to take a paycut while at his boyhood club after admin because he had a wedding to pay for, before being promply put in his place by David Weir.

I'm sure there's another angle where Kyle and money are involved.
Davie Weir had left the club by then so that just can’t be right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back