Kylie already lost it with the press

E7qDKNZXEAASla2

He won't last..

When was the last time ANY club brought in a manager who was not allowed to bring with him even an assistant never mind full backroom staff?

He's keeping the seat warm.
How can anyone give it their best when they have no support. He can’t honestly know if the guys are they to help him or hope he fails so they can get his job. Madness and no manager would say yeah those guys are great I’ll work with them, surely he has a group he’s worked with at previous teams he’d want to bring at least or or two to help him and bounce ideas off!

long may this and the snapping at the media continue as it’ll have everyone gunning for them!

He asked the same question about 4 times in a row then he had the audacity to point out repeating answers? No shit sherlock

There's a lot of issues with that interview lol , but that answer isn't one of them. Fair play to him for telling him straight.
On the one hand, you're right. On the other, it shows he's already quite prickly, so kept it coming.

As i keep telling the tims at work … he’s their Pedro

He isn't. Pedro was an aberration for us. Up until him, we had a history of management appointments that were logical. Even those that didn't work out made sense if viewed in context of the time.

Celtic, on the other hand, have had more than one absolutely bonkers appointment. Ange is Celtic returning to their 90s roots with a ridiculous appointment and bizarre signings. Their fans will be happy as pigs in shit though as any sustained period of success for us allows them to perpetuate their sense of victomhood and perceived injustices.

I actually don’t think he comes across as a bad guy at all, just one utterly flabbergasted by the unbelievable shit show he has inherited, he must have thought he was arriving at somewhere decent with a a club of genuine European pedigree who would at least contend for the league every year……

Any decent football manager, even an Eddie Howe type would have done their own DD and stayed the hell away.

The way the Celtic fans continue to talk about this guy on twitter is madness. He seams to get better with every bad result and more blame is put onto their board.

Of course they're blaming cheating refs again for today B-D

They love that he's prickly and think it's because he's bought into their victimhood when he's really just short tempered and thin skinned

Last edited:
Didn’t think the interview was that bad but for a change I thought Shanley was ok. But you can tell that this guy is gonna explode at some point. And it will be hilarious.

That is the body language of a defeated man. He knows hes not lasting long in that hob and probably wants out now to be honest. I can see him walking away himself when things start turning nasty.
I’m no body language expert, but the way he squints and grimaces and rolls his big napper from side to side after every question just screams, “I’m a Celtic manager, get me out of here!”

They blame the board but Celtic have outspent us by miles every season and are still an absolute disaster. They fling money at shite players with no apparent strategy. We have signed enough quality players on frees that could beat their best 11.

At least pedro had coaching badges which wee angie doesnt

In fairness, Pedro needed them as he was an assistant coach in Portugal for years whereas Ange was coaching in Australia and Japan - UEFA coaching badges aren't really a priority there. There are decent coaches out with Europe who don't have those badges for those reasons.

He's definitely a bonkers appointment though, and out of his depth. I can understand why he took the job as if he even did a half decent job this season, it'd put his name on the board for management jobs in Europe; fail, and he'll be able to return to a decent paying job with a nice lifestyle in Japan. (The current covid issues in Japan would also have encouraged him to make the jump.) But I cannot understand why Celtic appointed him, beyond the obvious links to Lawwell's son.

This is a guy who quit the Australian national team due to the "pressure" of managing against Syria, Oman, and Kuwait, a handful of times a year. Who the hell thought he'd handle the pressure of trying to topple the World's most successful club, with a shower of jobbers, wantaways, and child groomers? He's struggling to handle the media after one league game.

It's wonderful.

Back