Kylie already lost it with the press

From Kerryfail, what a load of shite as per!:

"The way Ange is being questioned is pathetic, utterly pathetic. Every question is there to undermine him, no way a sevcoooooo manager would get the same manner of questions."
That's because our gaffer put in a few two footers early doors on the hacks and their balls receded leaving him to answer them with a league win.

“You assured me there’d be money available for transfers!”

“We didn’t assure you anything!”

hqdefault.jpg

He left his only other management job in Europe after nine months.

The reason, you ask?

This same guy is now working for a club whose board are notorious for being hilariously unreasonable and disorganised.

I sense a case of deja vu is on the cards, which is lovely.

The media are trying to give him far more leeway than caxianha ever got..
Was listening to a Scottish reporter on talkSPORT either yesterday or Friday, saying celtic fans have resigned to the fact they won’t win the league this year but will give the new manager time and he will come good

That body language and those eyes. A few weeks in and already he looks like a broken man! Don't think he had any idea of the pressure involved in being an OF manager...and certainly had no idea how much of a sh!tshow he was inheriting.

B-) He knew he had bitten then managed to control it, pity
To be fair thats to his credit.

Typical Scottish Football media question where they Q&A their own stupid lines - "So is it just a case of.....". Beyond abysmal.

That said itll be interesting to see his reaction when Rangers tank him and Gerrard outfoxes him.

I think Big Ange might need a media thread of his own for this season

He's been flung in at the deep end and is totally out of his depth. I find it hard to feel sorry for him though - he did sign a contract with Celtic so feck him.

He isn't far away from losing the plot entirely and their own fans would have entirely lost it by then as well. All good.

That body language and those eyes. A few weeks in and already he looks like a broken man! Don't think he had any idea of the pressure involved in being an OF manager...and certainly had no idea how much of a sh!tshow he was inheriting.
He already looks stressed. He must have known what the situation is while discussing his contract. Also, he has had backing from their board so far with transfer fees so I don't know why he feels differently.

"We're kinda throwing teams together". After the season has started

Sounds like Vogts when Scotland were playing the qualifying stages
I thought that out of everything he has ever said would be the biggest concern. What kind of message does that send out?

I disntinctly remember watching one of Gerrard’s first games and there was so much emphasis on keeping a good shape at the back, moving as a unit, the back line communicating and controlling the spaces left between each other. That was the beginning of our rebuild under Gerrard and it wasn’t exciting but he built a foundation which has allowed him to concentrate more on the attacking play which now looks very different to what it did initially. In three very important competitive games (not to mention pre season) this nutter Ange has made no attempt to organise their team for the task at hand and remarkably he’s getting a free pass because they have an obsession with Ralston and Taylor not being good enough. I tell you what I hope their board do give him lots of money to spend as every penny spent at the moment is money down the drain.

Whilst it may be correct to say he is Celtics Pedro, remember that Pedro wasnt given £12m to spend on 3 players before the season even started, unlike this one.

It is being treated as fact by the scum fans on twitter that the board have not supported Ange when in fact he has probably spent more for a manager in his first couple of weeks than any other manager in Scotland in years.

Ange "Not being backed in the transfer market" Postecoglu:

Furuhashi £4.86m
Arsefelt £4.50m
Abada £3.60m

I'd say thats backing.

Ange is the buffer before Steve Clarke leaves Scotland after WC2022 exit in December. The lack of sales or signings is becoming a red flag for someone else wanting to rebuild the squad.
Exactly this. I also believe he knows this and is happy to go along with it. After all he will earn a fair few quid for his year contract.

I see he's yet ANOTHER Celtic manager who likes to dress like a homeless tramp on the sidelines.

As much as I despised Rodgers he knew standards and professionalism began with him and wore a suit for all his (I think he wore a trackie once or twice at most) competitive games so the players and fans know who the authority figure is.

Look at how immaculate Gerrard presents himself compared to how Ange, Lennon and Kennedy did. Night and day.

And another note. His hair will be completely gone by the time his tenure is up.

He's very overly defensive, sulky and looks like he no longer gives a %^*&...after 1 game.

It's going to be an enjoyable few months.

Whilst it may be correct to say he is Celtics Pedro, remember that Pedro wasnt given £12m to spend on 3 players before the season even started, unlike this one.

It is being treated as fact by the scum fans on twitter that the board have not supported Ange when in fact he has probably spent more for a manager in his first couple of weeks than any other manager in Scotland in years.

Furuhashi £4.86m
Arsefelt £4.50m
Abada £3.60m

I'd say thats backing.

Gerrard has spent about £10m in last 3 transfer windows, this guy has spent more in last 3 weeks with more to come, I hope their board do give him him more, the Israeli looks like a wee boy, the Japanese contributed zilch when he came in, the swede looked like a turnip....

I see he's yet ANOTHER Celtic manager who likes to dress like a homeless tramp on the sidelines.

As much as I despised Rodgers he knew standards and professionalism began with him and wore a suit for all his (I think he wore a trackie once or twice at most) competitive games so the players and fans know who the authority figure is.

Look at how immaculate Gerrard presents himself compared to how Ange, Lennon and Kennedy did. Night and day.

And another note. His hair will be completely gone by the time his tenure is up.
AND the press!

He is an absolute fuckng donkey.

It's all well and good to have a philosophy but if you don't have the players to enact it, basic common sense calls for pragmatism.

The reality is, due to neglectful coaching and inadequate investment in the backroom staff at that club, they have a team of players who are woefully unfit. I also believe there is a bad culture at their club when it comes to training and coaching. There's been rumours aplenty, players who actually have a work ethic getting their own coaches etc, and the laziness that seems to have creeped into certain players gameplay and general attitude. But look at the likes of Rogic, Turnbull, Ajeti, Griffiths. All incapable of playing 90 minutes. Even on Wedneaday, I noticed at half time the young players in their back line as soon as the whistle blew, hands on hips, bending over absolutely blowing out. The fitness standards are clearly abysmal over there, its an endemic problem from senior level down.

And what does this genius do? Decides to take these players and play them at a much higher tempo than they have ever played before. I've watched two of their games now and the most noticeable difference between this year's team and last years is the drop off after 60-70 minutes. Last season they dropped off and started to slow down. But this year, my god its like they fall apart completely. Its obvious that his playing philosophy is depleting their already pathetic gas tanks much faster and the players have absolutely nothing left to offer after 60 minutes.

A pragmatic coach would assess the players they have, look at the strengths and weaknesses of their squad, come up with a game plan that compliments the squad and then slowly enact his own philosophy over time with coaching and by supplementing the squad with players who fit that philosophy. As rotten as they are, there is the bones of a good squad there. Let's not forget (rather hilariously) that squad cost around £50 million to put together and has over a dozen full internationals. A decent manager would get a tune out of them to an extent they could at least beat SPL dross without too much stress

But this maniac decides to just go absolutely gung ho, fit square pegs in round holes and try to play a style of football that the squad is woefully inadequate for. Then has the gallas to complain about lack of backing by their board. You have the most expensive squad with the highest wage bill in the league you muppet. He is clueless and completely out his depth. I've seen nothing to suggest he has a basic understanding of tactics. He doesn't even make a sub when his team are blowing out their arses just to give them some fresh legs, never mind making a tactically nuanced change that will impact the game. This is car crash stuff, but he gives the journos a hard time so the gullible bastards are lapping it up. Its quite amazing to sit back and watch unfold.

Furuhashi £4.86m
Arsefelt £4.50m
Abada £3.60m

I'd say thats backing.

This is where - assuming they’re being economical with the truth - their transfer fee propaganda comes back to bite them.

There’s £0 net spend.

I think it’s hilarious how they have deluded themselves into convincing themselves he’s his own man. He got told he had to take on Kennedy and Strachan and also most of “his” signings have been the clubs targets for a few years. He’s been in charge since middle of June and openly admitted he’s not been forceful enough with the board. He promised free flowing attacking football but his team are unfit and utter turgid rubbish. Enjoy this season lads, it’s going to be glorious!

The early signs were there. Postecoglou was getting frosty after pre-season matches against Bristol City and Preston. His interview after the 1-1 with Midtjylland was that of a man who’s not only clueless but could blow a gasket at any moment.

He’s made some pretty pretentious comments since they were beaten in Denmark and last night too.

Jablonec away in midweek.

A quick look at Kerrydale Street and the majority have already written him off. A few still clinging to the "Aye but the board..." excuse but a lot of them saying he still spent £12m on new players only to be tactically outsmarted by "Robbie fúcking Neilson" in the final 20 minutes. Moans about the lack of subs, the lack of fitness and the lack of plan B. Gone by Christmas seems to be the general consensus or as one of them put it "I wouldn't splash out on a winter wardrobe Ange"

Time for the tag team of Strapon (Snr) and Mutley McGhee to step in and ‘bring back the chunder’:))

I can’t see this Aussie Buffoon making it past August at this rate. Another pumping in Europe on Thursday and the mutants will be in the car park before Sunday!

It's all well and good to have a philosophy but if you don't have the players to enact it, basic common sense calls for pragmatism.

The reality is, due to neglectful coaching and inadequate investment in the backroom staff at that club, they have a team of players who are woefully unfit. I also believe there is a bad culture at their club when it comes to training and coaching. There's been rumours aplenty, players who actually have a work ethic getting their own coaches etc, and the laziness that seems to have creeped into certain players gameplay and general attitude. But look at the likes of Rogic, Turnbull, Ajeti, Griffiths. All incapable of playing 90 minutes. Even on Wedneaday, I noticed at half time the young players in their back line as soon as the whistle blew, hands on hips, bending over absolutely blowing out. The fitness standards are clearly abysmal over there, its an endemic problem from senior level down.

And what does this genius do? Decides to take these players and play them at a much higher tempo than they have ever played before. I've watched two of their games now and the most noticeable difference between this year's team and last years is the drop off after 60-70 minutes. Last season they dropped off and started to slow down. But this year, my god its like they fall apart completely. Its obvious that his playing philosophy is depleting their already pathetic gas tanks much faster and the players have absolutely nothing left to offer after 60 minutes.

A pragmatic coach would assess the players they have, look at the strengths and weaknesses of their squad, come up with a game plan that compliments the squad and then slowly enact his own philosophy over time with coaching and by supplementing the squad with players who fit that philosophy. As rotten as they are, there is the bones of a good squad there. Let's not forget (rather hilariously) that squad cost around £50 million to put together and has over a dozen full internationals. A decent manager would get a tune out of them to an extent they could at least beat SPL dross without too much stress

But this maniac decides to just go absolutely gung ho, fit square pegs in round holes and try to play a style of football that the squad is woefully inadequate for. Then has the gallas to complain about lack of backing by their board. You have the most expensive squad with the highest wage bill in the league you muppet. He is clueless and completely out his depth. I've seen nothing to suggest he has a basic understanding of tactics. He doesn't even make a sub when his team are blowing out their arses just to give them some fresh legs, never mind making a tactically nuanced change that will impact the game. This is car crash stuff, but he gives the journos a hard time so the gullible bastards are lapping it up. Its quite amazing to sit back and watch unfold.
This poster hasnt said much before but its very very true.

Alf getting Tony Ralston and Greg Taylor to play as inverted fullbacks and essentially become their midfield playmakers whilst McGregor covers them at full back is absolutely mental.

I can only assume they knew this season would be write off and they've brought in some stooge to get it over with.
Literally the only explanation I can think off. Even allowing for the state of things there, surely a European coach somewhere would have taken the job.

It's crazy.

Alf getting Tony Ralston and Greg Taylor to play as inverted fullbacks and essentially become their midfield playmakers whilst McGregor covers them at full back is absolutely mental.
You mean absolutely hilarious surely? :))

Fair points well made .

I genuinely can't wait. Unless he signs 11 new players or miraculously decides to change his approach, the first game against them will be a joy to behold.

That system can't deal with pace, or width, or being out matched physically, or teams that are organised and well drilled, or teams that out match their fitness.

Just imagine Kent, Alfie, Wright playing against weak as piss defenders playing a suicidally high line.....

I think it’s hilarious how they have deluded themselves into convincing themselves he’s his own man. He got told he had to take on Kennedy and Strachan and also most of “his” signings have been the clubs targets for a few years. He’s been in charge since middle of June and openly admitted he’s not been forceful enough with the board. He promised free flowing attacking football but his team are unfit and utter turgid rubbish. Enjoy this season lads, it’s going to be glorious!
That’s the bit that really makes me laugh.

The reason the Yahoo board got this big dolt in was for him to just be thankful he’d been plucked from football obscurity, handed a plum job in British football and pretty much do as he’s told.

The notion that some Z list manager with no CV to speak of is going to whip out his balls and demand this that and the other thing like he’s Jose Mourinho is both ridiculous and hilarious in equal measures.

The fat aussie tube is rubbish under pressure and he's a miserable bastard too, no way he is motivating the scum.

The fat aussie tube will walk before he's pushed!

Back