Kylie already lost it with the press

The problem he has is that he has never been a stressful job where he must win. It’s Australia’s 4th sport so there was no real pressure and Japan is as backward as it comes .
The reason Gerrard was a success was due to him being a winner all through his career and he knew what the club expected

Everyone seems to be getting on message with this "it's the board's fault" and Angie seems to be absolved of any and all responsibility

That team last night should have been taking care of a newly promoted Hearts side. And, add to that the fact that in reality he has spent fucking millions already.

We have spent £0.

The problem he has is that he has never been a stressful job where he must win. It’s Australia’s 4th sport so there was no real pressure and Japan is as backward as it comes .
The reason Gerrard was a success was due to him being a winner all through his career and he knew what the club expected
This can’t be underestimated.

Gerrard knows what it takes to succeed at a huge football institution with a massive and demanding fanbase. He understands the media game and is a consummate professional at it. We’re also as a club operating from a position of considerable strength and ascendency.

So the idea that this fat Aussie oaf with only middling success in the A and J leagues on the other side of the planet is going to roll up to a club in complete disarray, one without a DoF or head of recruitment, a new CEO who looks more and more shellshocked by the day and a group of dispirited players half of whom want to be somewhere else and then turn it all around in short order to produce a fluid, dynamic football team that will get the better of us is a fantasy that’s even beyond the reaches of Timbo’s febrile little brain.

It really is as bizarrely suicidal an appointment as our appointing Pedro, but financially we had few options open to us back then; the Yahoos still have a bigger budget, greater resources and a richer sugar daddy benefactor to prop it all up, and yet after failing to land their number one target - a guy who, when all is said and done, would, on paper at least, have given them a strategy and an identity - they desperately and hilariously opted for this big diddy as their backup plan?

Something is seriously wrong over there.

Which is nice.

This can’t be underestimated.

Gerrard knows what it takes to succeed at a huge football institution with a massive and demanding fanbase. He understands the media game and is a consummate professional at it. We’re also as a club operating from a position of considerable strength and ascendency.

So the idea that this fat Aussie oaf with only middling success in the A and J leagues on the other side of the planet is going to roll up to a club in complete disarray, one without a DoF or head of recruitment, a new CEO who looks more and more shellshocked by the day and a group of dispirited players half of whom want to be somewhere else and then turn it all around in short order to produce a fluid, dynamic football team that will get the better of us is a fantasy that’s even beyond the reaches of Timbo’s febrile little brain.

It really is as bizarrely suicidal an appointment as our appointing Pedro, but financially we had few options open to us back then; the Yahoos still have a bigger budget, greater resources and a richer sugar daddy benefactor to prop it all up, and yet after failing to land their number one target - a guy who, when all is said and done, would, on paper at least, have given them a strategy and an identity - they desperately and hilariously opted for this big diddy as their backup plan?

Something is seriously wrong over there.

Which is nice.
Its been wrong since they were founded

The guy on BBC Sportsound (Kenny ___) sounded like he bottled out of asking any real questions you would expect they ask an OF manager after defeat.

You'd think the absolute priority would have been to clear out the deadwood that flopped last season and to find a manager who is a bit of fundamentalist when it comes to the basics - make them hard to beat, tactical discipline, horses for courses etc.
Instead they bring in a guy who thinks approaches that require elite level players will work with Ralston, Taylor et al whilst foisting Lennon's assistants on him.
It's genuinely hard to believe.

He is an absolute fuckng donkey.

It's all well and good to have a philosophy but if you don't have the players to enact it, basic common sense calls for pragmatism.

The reality is, due to neglectful coaching and inadequate investment in the backroom staff at that club, they have a team of players who are woefully unfit. I also believe there is a bad culture at their club when it comes to training and coaching. There's been rumours aplenty, players who actually have a work ethic getting their own coaches etc, and the laziness that seems to have creeped into certain players gameplay and general attitude. But look at the likes of Rogic, Turnbull, Ajeti, Griffiths. All incapable of playing 90 minutes. Even on Wedneaday, I noticed at half time the young players in their back line as soon as the whistle blew, hands on hips, bending over absolutely blowing out. The fitness standards are clearly abysmal over there, its an endemic problem from senior level down.

And what does this genius do? Decides to take these players and play them at a much higher tempo than they have ever played before. I've watched two of their games now and the most noticeable difference between this year's team and last years is the drop off after 60-70 minutes. Last season they dropped off and started to slow down. But this year, my god its like they fall apart completely. Its obvious that his playing philosophy is depleting their already pathetic gas tanks much faster and the players have absolutely nothing left to offer after 60 minutes.

A pragmatic coach would assess the players they have, look at the strengths and weaknesses of their squad, come up with a game plan that compliments the squad and then slowly enact his own philosophy over time with coaching and by supplementing the squad with players who fit that philosophy. As rotten as they are, there is the bones of a good squad there. Let's not forget (rather hilariously) that squad cost around £50 million to put together and has over a dozen full internationals. A decent manager would get a tune out of them to an extent they could at least beat SPL dross without too much stress

But this maniac decides to just go absolutely gung ho, fit square pegs in round holes and try to play a style of football that the squad is woefully inadequate for. Then has the gallas to complain about lack of backing by their board. You have the most expensive squad with the highest wage bill in the league you muppet. He is clueless and completely out his depth. I've seen nothing to suggest he has a basic understanding of tactics. He doesn't even make a sub when his team are blowing out their arses just to give them some fresh legs, never mind making a tactically nuanced change that will impact the game. This is car crash stuff, but he gives the journos a hard time so the gullible bastards are lapping it up. Its quite amazing to sit back and watch unfold.
Great post.

Add to that the fact that he plays James Forrest on the left shows he really doesn't have a clue.

This is going to be a hilarious watch.

Last edited:
I don't actually see this guy now as Pedro 2 I can actually see some character in the guy that Pedro didn't have. Pedro was a freeloader imo who had a style (counter attacking) that was never going to suit and was suicidal against Celtic and of course he bought absolute donkeys to the club that killed any chance he might have had. He knew he was winging it and imo didn't care.

This Aussie guy is a punt and he has to now operate at a level he's never been at. However unusually I've watched all their games and you could see improvement last night. Of course that's offset with crucially not winning a game and indeed a team that looks to be made of glass. I think his biggest problem in how they are trying to play is Soro-he needs a much better holding/pivotal player as that would give them a chance. Clearly he needs to buy well and he has problems all over the park but three games I'm not totally convinced he's clueless but the size of the job might eat him up.

I think he will get time but if he doesn't sort out the defence and the midfield pronto he may never get going. Clearly the backroom staff situation is extremely unusual but if he buys well he could stabilise them and at this stage they do look like they need a pretty thorough rebuild. If you were being fair to the guy considering the mess he walked into he will get this season IF he shows he can make a fist of it. I think he's wised up quickly to the media and how he is trying to play could work but he needs to sort out some key problems quickly.
Hopefully their woes continue but the key focus on him will be his signings-he needs to be near perfect on that. Of course their fans will gauge that against the amount spent.

The guy on BBC Sportsound (Kenny ___) sounded like he bottled out of asking any real questions you would expect they ask an OF manager after defeat.
Kenny McIntyre. Hes normally a lot harder than that. Remember last season he had Lennon absolutely raging.

How will these press conferences work come the first OF game at Ibrox?

It’ll be David Edgar and Mark Dingwall asking the questions of the Celtic manager and players? Unless any other news organisations start paying the press conference fee?
That would be very entertaining

The mhanks wanted a Pep type. Instead they got his estranged jhunkie brother. Unshaven, dresses like a tramp and tells the world he's the real brains of the family.

Im not keen on the thread title OP.

Kylie is a very successful Aussie export.

My dream woman shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as this nobody.

I don't actually see this guy now as Pedro 2 I can actually see some character in the guy that Pedro didn't have. Pedro was a freeloader imo who had a style (counter attacking) that was never going to suit and was suicidal against Celtic and of course he bought absolute donkeys to the club that killed any chance he might have had. He knew he was winging it and imo didn't care.

This Aussie guy is a punt and he has to now operate at a level he's never been at. However unusually I've watched all their games and you could see improvement last night. Of course that's offset with crucially not winning a game and indeed a team that looks to be made of glass. I think his biggest problem in how they are trying to play is Soro-he needs a much better holding/pivotal player as that would give them a chance. Clearly he needs to buy well and he has problems all over the park but three games I'm not totally convinced he's clueless but the size of the job might eat him up.

I think he will get time but if he doesn't sort out the defence and the midfield pronto he may never get going. Clearly the backroom staff situation is extremely unusual but if he buys well he could stabilise them and at this stage they do look like they need a pretty thorough rebuild. If you were being fair to the guy considering the mess he walked into he will get this season IF he shows he can make a fist of it. I think he's wised up quickly to the media and how he is trying to play could work but he needs to sort out some key problems quickly.
Hopefully their woes continue but the key focus on him will be his signings-he needs to be near perfect on that. Of course their fans will gauge that against the amount spent.

He has never sorted out a defence at any club.

His team had a season where they scored 54 and conceded 54 in the J league!

Taking a pragmatic view and resisting the temptation to just laugh at the state they appear to be in, I’ve got to say I just don’t get it! They get let down by their primary target (it happens!) but move swiftly and go for an, admittedly left field, alternative.

Surely when he gets the call, he doesn’t just swoon at being courted by a famous football club? Surely he does his due diligence and finds out what state they are in, asks for assurances that he can bring in his own back room team and that funds will be made to rebuild, and seeks agreement on acceptable time scale for said rebuild?

That none of that appears to have happened is mind boggling!

For me personally, the joy of putting a good Celtic team to the sword by far out weighs the superficial fun of laughing at a cluster-%^*&! Always maintain that the ideal scenario is the best Celtic, best Aberdeen, best Hibs, best Hearts etc. Then for us to be better.

Everyone seems to be getting on message with this "it's the board's fault" and Angie seems to be absolved of any and all responsibility

That team last night should have been taking care of a newly promoted Hearts side. And, add to that the fact that in reality he has spent fucking millions already.

We have spent £0.

Have actually seen a little bit of criticism around his inability to change things during the game. Seen a dhim comment that he had no one to bring off the bench and someone replied "Aye Hearts were lucky that they were able to bring Messi and Ronaldo off the bench"
The players at his disposal should be able to beat that Hearts team. Hopefully Jablonec beat them midweek as well then things could get interesting.
Unfortunately I would expect them to beat Dundee next week but maybe not.

How will these press conferences work come the first OF game at Ibrox?

It’ll be David Edgar and Mark Dingwall asking the questions of the Celtic manager and players? Unless any other news organisations start paying the press conference fee?

@David Edgar Im keen to know this lol.

And can we suggest questions? Could be fun.

Have actually seen a little bit of criticism around his inability to change things during the game. Seen a dhim comment that he had no one to bring off the bench and someone replied "Aye Hearts were lucky that they were able to bring Messi and Ronaldo off the bench"
The players at his disposal should be able to beat that Hearts team. Hopefully Jablonec beat them midweek as well then things could get interesting.
Unfortunately I would expect them to beat Dundee next week but maybe not.
Aye they are all saying its not his fault but as you say, the players they have at the moment should be enough to beat the Danes and a newly promoted Hearts fan. I just think hes not a very good manager/coach.

Aye they are all saying its not his fault but as you say, the players they have at the moment should be enough to beat the Danes and a newly promoted Hearts fan. I just think hes not a very good manager/coach.

Imagine a manager like Walter walking in there (I shudder to think of associating Walter with them but he is a good example for this). He goes in and makes them extremely hard to beat, gets results and then begins to change their style over a period, while creating a winning mentality. Not swapping goalkeepers every half and having their left backs playing as centre forwards.

I just seen Hearts have them in the cup as well in a couple of weeks. Now if they were to beat them again I am certain there would be protests outside the stadium.

Taking a pragmatic view and resisting the temptation to just laugh at the state they appear to be in, I’ve got to say I just don’t get it! They get let down by their primary target (it happens!) but move swiftly and go for an, admittedly left field, alternative.

Surely when he gets the call, he doesn’t just swoon at being courted by a famous football club? Surely he does his due diligence and finds out what state they are in, asks for assurances that he can bring in his own back room team and that funds will be made to rebuild, and seeks agreement on acceptable time scale for said rebuild?

That none of that appears to have happened is mind boggling!

For me personally, the joy of putting a good Celtic team to the sword by far out weighs the superficial fun of laughing at a cluster-%^*&! Always maintain that the ideal scenario is the best Celtic, best Aberdeen, best Hibs, best Hearts etc. Then for us to be better.

It's too good an opportunity for him to turn down-he'll be there on bigger wages etc. But as you point out because it's mainly on their terms he is having to compromise.

Why they ended up taking a punt from their end is a disgrace....that is Pedroesque.

There’s barely any eye contact when he’s interviewed. Sign of a psycho.

He’ll be back in Summer Bay by the end of the season.
He should be so lucky!*

*fully aware that this 'joke' has probably already been cracked a number of times - can't be bothered going through the full thread.

:p

Good I hope he keeps it up-they won't get close to the title without fixing it. Hearts effectively mugged them last night due to amateur defending albeit they (Celtic) seemed to die in the last 10/15 mins.

The new guy doesn't look suited to scottish football at all.

I've got a feeling our resident DJ at Ibrox will try their best to make big Ange feel right at home on the 29th by playing at least one song by an Aussie band a few times before and after the match - such is the kind hearted people we are. :)

All of the talk amongst them the other day was " aww we need to gee him time sho we dhay, a kin see his philosophy sho a kin" one defeat later
" get him tae furk he's shaite" :))
Those fcucking entitled mutants don't have it within them to give anything time. They even turned on their quadruple duple duple treble winner plastic hero's. So used to having an easy ride over the last decade almost.
If Angie doesn't start picking up results consistently then she will be out on her arse before August is out and big beek and worzel will be back in charge for the season.

The new guy doesn't look suited to scottish football at all.
Being honest here I didn't think SG could succeed in Scotland playing the expansive football he wanted to-I thought he would have had to went more pragmatic-both a bit more dour and direct but he stuck to the plan -players really developed and he brought in genuine quality that worked on a squad level.

I think what the Aussie is trying to do is the long route and I would have thought Celtic would have went for a quicker solution and that's what I don't get. You could argue they lost their support's backing with losing 10 and maybe what they did next was really dependent on the manager as the plans all went out the window. Watching them last night they look like they are trying to play like us without the structure and quality-they look a far bit off it but that type of loss wasn't that unlike what happened to us multiple times although clearly even when we looked fragile we weren't at the low they currently are at.

Some poor bastard is running about wi Lennon's dial like Nic Cage in Face off. :D
2ZSv3V1XOmCQzsph3You8T5Vg982arugK4eMw1M7fhS5-LRckugol0VkQKKGf1IBmT62uEQ

Back